SOG & RDWC Monster Cropped Strawberry Banana

Still no roots. If it's gonna happen it should happen soon. I have a quarter shot of Rapidstart, and a bit of PK booster to help get the roots going. Ph is at 5.2 no Nitrogen yet. Water is a bit too cool at 64 right now, but I really don't want to harbor anything like I had, so the temp is gonna stay where it's at. I think I should have used one of my CFL lights to get these things going. I have the CMH on them, but it may be a bit bright. It is what it is I guess. How many months has this been going on? I should be well into flower I imagine. Thanks to all that have hung out... Both of you haha.

Fuck Fuck Fuck!

Yeah guys, this is fucking ridiculous. I'm in the weeds again, and not in the good way. If it happens again, I'm gonna rip everything out that doesn't have roots, those plants will see dirt, and bleach the whole thing... A lot of bleach.

Here's what I have done so far:

I started by scrubbing the shit out of everything, such as; The bins, the diffusers, boiled Hydroton, washed netpots in the dish washer, reservoir, water pump, and all the lids both on the bins and the few covering the empty plant sites. The 2 inch lines and the return line are all covered, and covered again with cloth to make sure there are no leaks from where the bulkheads connect. The return line is inside the 2 inch line so that cant be an issue Water has been kept at 64-67F.

I did the above every time the funk made an appearance. I have used peroxide extensively, I have gone through a gallon of peroxide since I started this grow, which should last for a few seasons. but I have also used Hydroguard (not with peroxide). I wont use Z7 because it hasn't worked for me in the past.

Later I COMPLETELY light proofed the whole thing... it didn't take much, diped the diffusers in a very powerful peroxide bath for at least an hour. It was so powerful that it looked like it was smoking check the pictures a little while back. I later took one apart to make sure there was nothing inside. I boiled and peroxided the Hydroton again, washed net pots again, scrubbed the sight lines again, basically everything I already mentioned, again. I tried the Cleanlight... trying it again as I write this. I've tried filling the system with RO water and hose water. I notice there was a green tinge to the line coming out of the RO system, I covered the tube with 2 plys of tape to make it light proof, I also peroxided the line and ran a swab through it.

Avenues still possible:

I have been seeing gnats in the water. They are being sucked in by the fan that keeps the water cool. This was first brought up by Vortex if memory serves... Maybe. I believe they are coming from drain holes in the floor that aren't covered. Possibly, the now plugged sight lines might be bleeding funk. I will pull all this shit off and fill the hole in later. I have been putting peroxide in there, I believe its strong enough to kill anything, but I'm plenty skeptical right now.

Avenues that seem to be defunked:

I believe the "old Rapid Rooters" theory has been addressed and cleared. Although they weren't working anyway in this instance.
Water from the hose or green RO lines don't seem to matter.
The diffusers as dirty as they appeared to be, don't seem to be an issue.
The Hydroton has been cleaned more than once and seems to be cleared of any wrong doing.
The waterpump has been taken apart and cleaned.
Temp. doesn't make a difference (with this grow) at least it doesn't help to keep the water cold.
It appears that even with a dark area shit can still grow.
The Cleanlight didn't help. Trying it again for giggles.

Or maybe its a collaboration of different problems. Maybe is the Hydroton AND the green RO line. Or, the diffusers AND the gnats. Who knows.

The bottom line is, if I cant get this shit sorted it doesn't matter how bitchen the clones will be. I won't be able to see them through. It doesn't make sense to pull my hair out with this shit if there's no future. I think I have given my due diligence. It appears that I will be shutting this thread down and really really giving this issue some further interrogation. FUCK FUCK FUCKIN PLANTS!

Thanks for the support.

Fuckin plants indeed. :(

Sorry to hear that shit is back again.

Green RO line? As in transparent, but green tinted? If so, there's something to look at. Should be blue transparent. Probably not the only thing, but isn't helping in the long run even if not the source at the moment.

Fuckin plants indeed. :(

Sorry to hear that shit is back again.

Green RO line? As in transparent, but green tinted? If so, there's something to look at. Should be blue transparent. Probably not the only thing, but isn't helping in the long run even if not the source at the moment.

I've used the RO system with the green line and my hose. It didn't seem to make a difference. The line is completely covered now, and the tube has been cleaned out. I have black tubing, but it's not long enough. If it stays clean I guess that's it. Wouldn't that be nice!?

How's your grow going?

I've used the RO system with the green line and my hose. It didn't seem to make a difference. The line is completely covered now, and the tube has been cleaned out. I have black tubing, but it's not long enough. If it stays clean I guess that's it. Wouldn't that be nice!?

How's your grow going?

This shit is like the rabbit hole from hell man. Sorry to see it keep coming back.

The grow is flatlined, stuck in shipping hell.

This shit is like the rabbit hole from hell man. Sorry to see it keep coming back.

The grow is flatlined, stuck in shipping hell.
We're a fine bunch...

Wow man that sucks. This kind of thing is what scares me off of hydro. :confused:

Hope it works out for you!

:passitleft:
DOOB! What's up?! Yeah, it usually works out really well. I've had issues in the past, but nothing like this. I think I've done what I can. Still haven't used bleach yet.

I have one plant left, it actually looks ok, but who knows. I'm not running one plant.

What the fuck that's crazy! Your not still using the hydroguard right? That shit gooped my stuff up every time I tried using it. When I do h202 cleans lately I put the pieces/parts in a bucket and cover with water then add h202 until I see bubbles appearing. I've been buying 32% h202 from the grow store. I started with a water fall rez and then tried an air stone, the air stone made more of a mess faster than using the waterfall setup so I'm back to a waterfall now.

What the fuck that's crazy! Your not still using the hydroguard right? That shit gooped my stuff up every time I tried using it. When I do h202 cleans lately I put the pieces/parts in a bucket and cover with water then add h202 until I see bubbles appearing. I've been buying 32% h202 from the grow store. I started with a water fall rez and then tried an air stone, the air stone made more of a mess faster than using the waterfall setup so I'm back to a waterfall now.

I've never had any issues with Hydroguard, other than possibly a bottle being out of date. It's always done its thing. I've used Z7 and I didn't like it. I used low quantities ofperoxide as a replacement for the 2

Yeah, I just pull the plants out, give it an quick clean and add a couple of cups of peroxide usually. This stuff grows in the dark, impervious to peroxide, UVC light, and Hydroguard, I've gone through almost a gallon and a half of 34% peroxide in the last couple months. I'm so burnt out on this shit.

I really like my diffusers. much more reliable than an air stone, but cost more. I like a lot of air in my water, and use an Air Force 80 linear pump

Back
Top Bottom