SOGgy Daze Ahead For Mr. Krip!

QUICK UPDATE - WE'RE GETTING CLOSE!

Just a quick update to let everyone know we're getting close. I prepared (7) 2L hempys last night and this morning, I transplanted the seven strongest clones. I gave them a good dose of veg nutes and put them under the LED on an 18/6.

I want to give them a couple of days to recover from the transplant and adjust to the LED, then I'll give them their first dose of bloom nutes and flip the switch to 12/12.

It also lets me keep the TK in the veg tent for a couple more days until I harvest the PE and free up some space in the cab.

Here's the first pic:

DSCN09821.JPG

There will be a LOT more coming! :)

Happy Harvests!

K

ANOTHER QUICK UPDATE - BONSAI MOM'S-TO-BE

One more quick update on the future Bonsai moms....

First, the PE clone with the LST is now starting to branch out:

DSCN0989.JPG

The UBT on the Lucy seedling seems to be taking well and you can see all four tops developing (although, not in this pic!). Hopefully, the clone of her top will be successful, too!:

DSCN09881.JPG

And, finally, the Power Skunk that got the UBT and then her two top colas topped again. If you remember when I did this I said I SHOULD get six colas including two primary and four secondary colas. Well, here she is with her six tops - pretty cool! :)

DSCN0986.JPG

I need those three "mommas-to-be" to all get to the point where they're able to throw off enough clones to feed the perpetual SOG about 8-10 good sized clones at-a-time from each.

This hobby keeps getting more and more fun by the day! :yahoo:

Happy Harvests!

K

LOL! Yeah...they're actually all root beer bottles EXCEPT the one Power Skunk that's in the Pepsi bottle.

I'd take that 'Pepsi Challenge'. ;)

This should be fun, I love SOG's. :cheer:

So what's it like to transplant with hempy buckets? I've never grown in any kind of aggregate before and I'm trying to imagine the process. Doesn't that shit just go everywhere? How do you keep the root structure intact?

And off they go! Looking good Mr Krip! You'll be amaze how fast they grow in these 2L hempies. If it helps you can set the timer on the TK to run 15mins on 15mins off to reduce heat in the water caused by the pump.

Twelve, thanks, Bro! I've been running the TK with 1 minute on and 5 minutes off cycles, which has definately helped. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the first few weeks of 12/12 with these clones!

So what's it like to transplant with hempy buckets? I've never grown in any kind of aggregate before and I'm trying to imagine the process. Doesn't that shit just go everywhere? How do you keep the root structure intact?

It no problem transplanting with Hempy. Usually, I wait until they need transplanting, and it's similar to soil in that it comes out in what's basically a single rootball that can be transplanted easily into a larger hempy.

This time, they didn't get enough time to grow into their hempys before transplanting into the 2L's. So, the medium basically just breaks up and pours out from around the roots, but no issues at all.

PIC UPDATE - DAY 1 OF 12/12

I am exhausted after working for the last eight hours on the grow.

First, I harvested and trimmed the two PE's from my last grow.

Then, I removed the LED and two CFL fixtures from the flower side of the cab, cleaned it out, hung a power strip, and moved the TK from the tent. In between, I also did a res change on the TK.

So, the "flower side" of the cab is now the "cloning compartment":

DSCN10424.JPG

I've only got three clones in the TK right now. Two Power Skunk and one Pineapple Express:

DSCN10431.JPG

But, I have another five clones in hempys/rockwool on the veg side of the cab - The four PE's in the top row and the Lucy clone in the bottom-center:

DSCN10442.JPG

Of those eight clones, I'm only going to take five for the next round, then I'll start putting in batches of either six or twelve, depending on how many my Bonsai mom's will let me take.

Here's the current PE Bonsai mom which is starting to grow out a little and will be ready to clone from again soon:

DSCN10451.JPG

Here's her clone that I hope to make into an "improved" Bonsai mom:

DSCN10463.JPG

Lucy, who got the UBT earlier this week is growing out her four colas:

DSCN1047.JPG

And the Power Skunk is growing out her six colas:

DSCN10481.JPG

Unfortunately, with no supplemental CFL's in the tent, the LED doesn't provide for the same kind of pics I was taking in the old flower cab, but here's the first seven clones with the timer now set to 12/12, so today will be their first day:

DSCN10494.JPG

I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do with this SOG and finally anticipating some large yields! :yahoo:

Happy Harvests!

K

Very cool Mr. K! I like the new digs for the Mini 24! :thumb:

Is that working better for you with the temps now?

Your Bonsais look really good! :thumb:

I'm still amazed at how you can get those lower branches to turn so thick and almost the same diameter as the main stalk! Impressive!

With everything that has happened here in the last two weeks, I kind of blew it with my chances to Bonsai my Northern Lights clones. They've gotten much too big to control, so I am likely going to be pulling them in the next day or two. Just way too much to manage indoors without the Bonsai treatment. I HATE Sativa type strains anyways, especially indoors. Just far too much vertical growth. I didn't realize when I got the seeds that NL was so unlike other Indicas. Maybe these aren't Northern Lights after all? The mother plant has very tiny buds. Not impressed at all. That whole plant is likely going in the compost heap as well. My whole attitude towards my grows has changed recently. No time for anything but 5 star performers now. Life's too short! ;)

Have you ever grown NL before? If so, what did you think of the plant as a whole? Start to finish?

Keep up the great work here! I've been lurking a lot lately, so I am still following closely along with everything you are doing over there, just not posting much outside my own journal. I've been having a very tough time motivating myself to even do that! ;)

Talk to ya soon! :love:

I'm still amazed at how you can get those lower branches to turn so thick and almost the same diameter as the main stalk! Impressive!

With everything that has happened here in the last two weeks, I kind of blew it with my chances to Bonsai my Northern Lights clones. They've gotten much too big to control, so I am likely going to be pulling them in the next day or two. Just way too much to manage indoors without the Bonsai treatment. I HATE Sativa type strains anyways, especially indoors. Just far too much vertical growth. I didn't realize when I got the seeds that NL was so unlike other Indicas. Maybe these aren't Northern Lights after all? The mother plant has very tiny buds. Not impressed at all. That whole plant is likely going in the compost heap as well. My whole attitude towards my grows has changed recently. No time for anything but 5 star performers now. Life's too short! ;)

Have you ever grown NL before? If so, what did you think of the plant as a whole? Start to finish?

Keep up the great work here! I've been lurking a lot lately, so I am still following closely along with everything you are doing over there, just not posting much outside my own journal. I've been having a very tough time motivating myself to even do that! ;)

My last two grows have been NL, and from my experience they have all been pretty indica dominant. Fairly squat, with broad leaves. The "main" colas tend to be a bit ridiculous if left untrained, though, (had a couple 18 inchers my first grow) and their finishing times do seem a bit long for an Indica. Its hard to really know what level of hybridism has been done to NL, as its been used to cross with so many other strains. It also seems to exhibit a lot of different phenos. Just my experience, as limited as it may be.....

Yeah, temps are good, so far, and the Bonsai is starting to fill out nicely. I guess it just takes some time to get them to where you want them, but once you create the "frame" that part keeps growing. As long as there's green on the branches, they will keep sucking up nutrients and keeping the branches alive. Then, you can just keep trimming the Bonsai back to the "frame" and new shoots will keep forming.

I'm just trying to get the frame a little bigger right now so I can take some more clones in a single trimming.

I have NOT grown, or tried, NL. I ALMOST added one to a seed order I've been trying to place (more on that later!), but I swapped it out for another Nirvana strain , plus, I can't get the order to go through online anyways, so I'll need to call.

I hope you do more than lurk - You'r posts are always valuable! :high-five:

Looking good mr krip! this is going to be a good one for me to learn to sog! Speaking of soggy i had to move my remaining gals under the tarp we are getting ready to get smashed between a low and a cold front. I put sour sonya in the dark last night for next 48 hrs. Harvest on MONDAY NIGHT!:peace:

Looking good mr krip! this is going to be a good one for me to learn to sog! Speaking of soggy i had to move my remaining gals under the tarp we are getting ready to get smashed between a low and a cold front. I put sour sonya in the dark last night for next 48 hrs. Harvest on MONDAY NIGHT!:peace:

I hope your girls make it through the cold OK! :goodluck:

I can't wait to see the harvest! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom