Something is not right, I need your expertise guys!

BadGrandpa007

420 Member
Hi guys im new here, i hope this is the right place for my question..
I grow an autoflower, (RQS, Royal Cheese auto) its in the 2nd vegatative week i think.. nearly 4weeks after sprouting from the soil..
It keeps growing, but this week it started to show little signs that somethings wrong, this is my 2nd grow, im an amateur :D
I cant figure out because there are too many simptoms, im not experienced yet so i want to ask you guys wtf is wrong with my plants!

MATERIAL:
soil

LED:
mars hydro SP250 250W LED (now im keeping it on 60-65%% and aprox from a 20" distance.. i dont think its the light.. maybe the light is too weak even. anyway..

NUTRIENTS:
T.A. (Terra Aquatica) TriPart nutrients, i started to use them la week ,starting from the 3week from sprouting, whe the first true leaves did grow (a leave with only 3branches), and i used only 30% from the does, rthen when i saw first levaes with 5branches i upped the 30% to 50%.. it looks kinda anutrient burn, and this week i feed it only with balanced water nothing more, nothing less, because the soil has nutrients inside also..

PH:
i try to do steady 6.5 solution (GHE 1-5-0) Ph down

TEMPS:
min 17/18*C at night over the day (19/5) to 24-26*C, additional co2 is there because i live in the same rooms, small rooms, so co2 builds up very fast, but i dont think its related to co2..

RH:
trying to keep it 55-60%

first two pictures are from the last week, the others from yesterday.. it keeps growing fast, but.. there some signs.. what could this be? i tend to think i started the nutrient program too soon, because soil already has a lot nutrients from my garden.. but from the other hand it looks like a deficiency to me, i dont know guys, im an amateur, this is the second grow in my life.. i cant do any expertise, im confused..the leaves ar colored and some places the tips are like from nutrient burn..

btw the leaves are pointing down i think just because i took the photos when the day cycle tarted (i turned on the LEDs minutes before that), but thats only my opinion..

sorry for my bad england :D:D

20240310_193713.jpg

20240310_193721.jpg

20240314_135414.jpg

20240314_135420.jpg

20240314_135425.jpg

20240314_135430.jpg

20240314_135437.jpg

20240314_135445.jpg

20240314_135506.jpg

20240314_135519.jpg

they look hungry/thirsty to me how much & how often are you watering?
the first to weeks i barely watered it because it was so small, a seedling you know? like 25-40ml in the first week from sprouting, 2nd week 50-75ml, 3d week aprox 100ml in that 3gallon pot, and now when its bigger i do aprox 300ml.. trying to do 1day in between and then 2days, 1day in between and then 2days in between.. i cant imagine how big the roots are, maybe many parts of the roots dont get enough water, i dont know, i dont have much experience..

the first to weeks i barely watered it because it was so small, a seedling you know? like 25-40ml in the first week from sprouting, 2nd week 50-75ml, 3d week aprox 100ml in that 3gallon pot, and now when its bigger i do aprox 300ml.. trying to do 1day in between and then 2days, 1day in between and then 2days in between.. i cant imagine how big the roots are, maybe many parts of the roots dont get enough water, i dont know, i dont have much experience..
i would be watering at least 1-1.5 liters at this point & when it gets a bit bigger water till run off & water/feed when the pot feels light as compaired to when just watered with 30% - 50% nute strenth a bit of tip burn is ok & if you don't like that go back to 30%, what type of soil? i don't see much perlte in there & the soil looks a bit muddy/clayish is this soil straight from the ground?

i would be watering at least 1-1.5 liters at this point & when it gets a bit bigger water till run off & water/feed when the pot feels light as compaired to when just watered with 30% - 50% nute strenth a bit of tip burn is ok & if you don't like that go back to 30%, what type of soil? i don't see much perlte in there & the soil looks a bit muddy/clayish is this soil straight from the ground?
its from my garden, yes, where other stuff grows in summers. the soil should be good, i added perlite just like 5%, not really much ,and it could be dirty so u cant see much of it, any way the pots have many big holes on the sides.. the air gets in and its impossible to overwater it will allrun away and the soild also could dry up much faster because the holes, wait i will post a picture how it looks..
20240315_164416.jpg

The roots pointing down are often a symptom of a root issue; too wet, too dry, or maybe in your case, too dense. If too wet or too dense, then the interior roots aren't getting enough oxygen.

Did you add any compost to the mix to fluff it out a bit? You are essentially growing in one big air pot but that will make watering it thoroughly very difficult especially if your soil is just straight up garden soil. Out in your yard there are creatures that help keep things aerated like worms below and critters digging around from above.

Most on here use a commercial potting mix that is carefully balanced and designed for growing plants indoors. I make my own but it doesn't contain any actual soil from the garden as that is typically too dense for growing in pots.

2days ago i watered with 1L each, 3x times more than before and this is how they look now.. The leave tips are burnt from the LED i think (1plant), but i dont know, all plants are one the same seed, so why only one lant i burnt i cant explain. didnt check the height and the LED was too close, im sure about it, but i dont see any spots on the new upper leaves now.. looks pretty good to me now!?

20240317_232208.jpg

20240317_232217.jpg

20240317_232225.jpg

20240317_232300.jpg

20240317_232304.jpg

The roots pointing down are often a symptom of a root issue; too wet, too dry, or maybe in your case, too dense. If too wet or too dense, then the interior roots aren't getting enough oxygen.

Did you add any compost to the mix to fluff it out a bit? You are essentially growing in one big air pot but that will make watering it thoroughly very difficult especially if your soil is just straight up garden soil. Out in your yard there are creatures that help keep things aerated like worms below and critters digging around from above.

Most on here use a commercial potting mix that is carefully balanced and designed for growing plants indoors. I make my own but it doesn't contain any actual soil from the garden as that is typically too dense for growing in pots.
no that was only the garden soil, i started to add nutrients, but probably too soon, this week i watered only with 1L water nothing else. i will water it tomorrow with another 1L and next week i will start to continue to add nutrients.. (i mentioned the brand in the first post), no compost. just the soil from garden, where all my other stuff grows. but i think the first weeks the soil was really dry so i dont think any microbes are left in the soil, probably all dead now..

Plants in fabric bags need more water they cannot be overwatered if run off will occur there designed to be easier to maintain even with heavy waterings. So your soils to dry not overwatered.
ik i got it! better to water it with a lot to little runoff and let the soil dry out pretty much.. i wil try to water them every 4th day so 2days are in between the watering. that should do it..

Do you have access to worm castings? Adding some to the top and covering with a mulch layer would be a way to jump start the Microbial activity. Covering them is important as otherwise they'll dry out and you lose their functionality.

Do you have access to worm castings? Adding some to the top and covering with a mulch layer would be a way to jump start the Microbial activity. Covering them is important as otherwise they'll dry out and you lose their functionality.
yes of course, this is a good idea to add some.. but, i wont have plae to put anything over it, the soil is already to the top.. maybe i can take a inch off..

Hi guys im new here, i hope this is the right place for my question..
I grow an autoflower, (RQS, Royal Cheese auto) its in the 2nd vegatative week i think.. nearly 4weeks after sprouting from the soil..
It keeps growing, but this week it started to show little signs that somethings wrong, this is my 2nd grow, im an amateur :D
I cant figure out because there are too many simptoms, im not experienced yet so i want to ask you guys wtf is wrong with my plants!

MATERIAL:
soil

LED:
mars hydro SP250 250W LED (now im keeping it on 60-65%% and aprox from a 20" distance.. i dont think its the light.. maybe the light is too weak even. anyway..

NUTRIENTS:
T.A. (Terra Aquatica) TriPart nutrients, i started to use them la week ,starting from the 3week from sprouting, whe the first true leaves did grow (a leave with only 3branches), and i used only 30% from the does, rthen when i saw first levaes with 5branches i upped the 30% to 50%.. it looks kinda anutrient burn, and this week i feed it only with balanced water nothing more, nothing less, because the soil has nutrients inside also..

PH:
i try to do steady 6.5 solution (GHE 1-5-0) Ph down

TEMPS:
min 17/18*C at night over the day (19/5) to 24-26*C, additional co2 is there because i live in the same rooms, small rooms, so co2 builds up very fast, but i dont think its related to co2..

RH:
trying to keep it 55-60%

first two pictures are from the last week, the others from yesterday.. it keeps growing fast, but.. there some signs.. what could this be? i tend to think i started the nutrient program too soon, because soil already has a lot nutrients from my garden.. but from the other hand it looks like a deficiency to me, i dont know guys, im an amateur, this is the second grow in my life.. i cant do any expertise, im confused..the leaves ar colored and some places the tips are like from nutrient burn..

btw the leaves are pointing down i think just because i took the photos when the day cycle tarted (i turned on the LEDs minutes before that), but thats only my opinion..

sorry for my bad england :D:D

20240310_193713.jpg

20240310_193721.jpg

20240314_135414.jpg

20240314_135420.jpg

20240314_135425.jpg

20240314_135430.jpg

20240314_135437.jpg

20240314_135445.jpg

20240314_135506.jpg

20240314_135519.jpg
She needs a drink buddy 🍺