Sorenna's Secret Garden - Photos - Indoors - Soil - LEDs

:bravo:

I've never heard of ponytailing but that means nothing. But my first assumption is: if you can do it to an auto you should be able to do it to a photo

:circle-of-love:

I was thinking it couldnt hurt, but would it help?..thats the question. I hate doing stuff that turns out to be waste of time. lol. Im actually seeing a bit of some stretch today I think.

I agree with the birdman. I say go for it!

But, i also say stick to the 6hr max per day. I was recently doing this, for 8-10hrs, after the 3rd day the top growth started turing lime colored, too much.

I was thinking 3-4 hours. I have to do it at 8pm, so if I go much longer than that Id have to stay up most of the night to take it off. LOL

I was thinking it couldnt hurt, but would it help?..thats the question. I hate doing stuff that turns out to be waste of time. lol. Im actually seeing a bit of some stretch today I think.

But will it help?

I suppose that would depend on our definition of a problem.

I think in most cases, LST is great for maximizing yield so I don't think it will hurt but certainly help yield. (What's ponytailing?)

But will it help?

I suppose that would depend on our definition of a problem.

I think in most cases, LST is great for maximizing yield so I don't think it will hurt but certainly help yield. (What's ponytailing?)

Thats where you gently gather up all the top growth and pin it up, like a ponytail. It allows light to reach the undergrowth at the nodes, and probably messes with the hormones like bending a branch to form a knot does, too. The goal is to make the lower growth grow up toward the light. I dont know how to thief someone elses picture, but I can show you a good series of pics here, post #218.

UPDATE: Day 22

I got some great birthday news yesterday.. Kelly is gonna give this growing thing a go! I was pretty sure yesterday, but not totally sure, that she is gaining height. She hasnt done that since the first week. Here we are about the start the 4th week and shes decided its gonna be okay, I guess. lol I dont know. When I woke this morning, that was the first thing I did... go see if she made any progress. She has. :) Im oh so very pleased.

kelly12171.jpg

This one is a lil bit blurry, but it still shows what I wanted it to show. You can see her height gain in this profile shot.
kelly12172.jpg

One more, just cuz. :)
kelly12173.jpg

Sabrina is not to be left out of the good girl department. She is also gaining a bit of height, not that she needed it that much. Jill is still the reigning queen in my tent. Beautiful girl. :blushsmile:

Sabrina
sabrina12171.jpg

Jill
jill12171.jpg

Can you see how thick her stem is getting? From tied up to fat. Im loving it!

Thats it for us today. I hope yall have a great one!~

Yes, my birthday was yesterday. Thank you!

haha... Thank you! Ive been 29 for so long.. Ive perfected it!

UPDATE: Day 23

Hello, my 420 friendlies. :blushsmile:

The girls are doing lovely. Jill is very quickly growing into her pot. She is nearly as wide as the surface of her pot. Such a lovely girl. Shes not too keen on filling in the undergrowth yet, but all good things in good time, I reckon. :) She has a lovely color, too. Soon, Ill try to remember to have their photo shoot without the LEDs on. It might be a while before I remember that, though. lol

jill12181.jpg

jill12182.jpg

jill12183.jpg

Sabrina continues to stack very tight nodes. I really like the look of her too. Her color is a tiny bit darker than Jills, but it might only seem that way because all her foliage is so much more compacted. Im really curious to see how her structure develops compared to Jill.

sabrina12182.jpg

sabrina12181.jpg

sabrina12183.jpg

Lil miss Kelly has figured it out! Yay! She is appreciatively bigger today. Shes still gaining height. *happy dances* I noticed yesterday that the way she was turned for the picture, that her sick leaf was not visible. Today, I corrected that. I asked her, gently, to give me the leaf, but she refused and only some of the brown part crumbled a bit between my fingertips. I let her keep it, but Im really thinking I should make her give it to me. What if that sick leaf, whatever caused it, spreads to the others? Maybe Im borrowing trouble. I dont know. Im thinking that repotting her did the trick, though.

kelly12181.jpg

kelly12182.jpg

And all three of them together.

myangels12181.jpg

Thats it for this episode of Sorenna's Angels. :)

See ya next time!~

Are ya still using fox farms nutrients? They look great, sorenna. Good job :) as for a sickly leave, most likely a pH problem since that's 99 percent of the problem with non-organic nutes. You can snip it off or let it fall off, it shouldn't affect your other plants :D

Are ya still using fox farms nutrients? They look great, sorenna. Good job :) as for a sickly leave, most likely a pH problem since that's 99 percent of the problem with non-organic nutes. You can snip it off or let it fall off, it shouldn't affect your other plants :D

Yes, because its what I have. I think Ive about figured out this measuring thing. I didnt cook my last plant, I probably even underfed her in an overabundance of caution. I have not yet introduced any nutrients to them. I transplanted them into their 5 gallon pots, about 2 weeks after they sprouted, basically fresh soil again. So now its been almost 2 weeks since they got transplanted, I will probably start giving 25% veg nutes to Sabrina and Jill and nothing for Kelly yet. She should still be good. Im on the look out for her roots to show up in the bottom of the pot and then so long as she is still progressing, I will move her to her 5 gallon pot. (Now I have to find it, lol)

Perhaps you are right on the PH. I will keep my eyes on it with that in the back of my mind, should I find anything.

Nice to see you, btw! Are you growing anything right now? Thanks for peeking in. :blushsmile:

Back
Top Bottom