Speeding up flowering

bracer

I heard that having the light on for as little as 8 hours can significantly speed up the flowering phase at the cost of bud development. I’m wondering how fast really this could speed it up. I want my plant to flower sooner and don’t mind if it means the buds may be smaller / less potent. Just wondering if the speed up in time is anything actually worth it. A few days faster? Weeks?

Too little light and you will get small airy buds or just larf. Any way that you stunt the growth will decrease the quality.
You can possibly speed up an auto by underpotting it, they tend to go into flower when rootbound. Flip photos earlier And they will be done sooner. I dont know any other way to accomplish your goal.

I heard that having the light on for as little as 8 hours can significantly speed up the flowering phase at the cost of bud development. I’m wondering how fast really this could speed it up. I want my plant to flower sooner and don’t mind if it means the buds may be smaller / less potent. Just wondering if the speed up in time is anything actually worth it. A few days faster? Weeks?
running any amount of light less than 10 hours runs the risk of sending the plants back into veg mode. Each strain is different, but I would think that at 9/15 most would change mode and at 8/16 it would be almost guaranteed.

Aside from the tricks mentioned above, flowering time is mostly set by the genetics... and there isn't much we can do to fool mother nature.

For what it's worth there is a view of some folk who use the Jim Bennett/Clackamas Coots soil approach who think that adding Malted barley/diastatic malt to the soil mix can help flowering finish faster. I am certainly not advancing this as my own experience, it isn't. But because I take a LOS approach to my grows I have included many of the Coots amendments into my container soil and as my current plants have started flowering, and last week I top dressed with more Malted barley/Neem and worm castings to try this approach out. I'd be interested if anyone else has any thoughts on this or has tried it. As I am running new strains and no control I am unlikely to be able to make any objective judgement on it's effects on flowering time.

Back
Top Bottom