Spider mites or aphids?

Dragoond2

soil got a new bag of fox farm coco loco and now this is all over. Are they spider mites or aphids and how can I get rid of them i have 3 seedling and 3 in flower in the same tent. @MrSauga

Attachments

• 20200906_175207.jpg
    20200906_175207.jpg
    474.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 20200906_175205.jpg
    20200906_175205.jpg
    537.3 KB · Views: 174
Wait while I go get my bug repellent.

OK ummm yeah I know that there are bugs in my soil. As long as they get along with my plants I'm good and dont go looking for them unless I have to.

TO ME - they look like first stage of Thrips but that's my wild guess.

Yes they are a pest and a problem for cannabis. Can use spinosad to get rid of them. You dont want to let them grow to adult stage you will have a problem.

Here's a pic of the stages - they sorta look like the small first stage to me from the pic

1599430948795.jpeg

So far just on the soil and container.
Weird. If they were detrimental to plants, I'd expect to see them on the plants. They may eat the roots. Wonder if BT would impact them(mosquito dunk power). Neem should take care of the exposed ones.

Last year I read up on Fox Farm putting a predatory mite called Hypoaspis Miles into their soil mixes. It is deliberately put into the soil before it is packaged up as a way to control Fungus Gnats.

If it is Hypoaspis Miles then trying to kill them off is destroying a beneficial mite which means the grower will then have to do more work to get rid of Fungus Gnats.

There is a thread somewhere on this site about the consequences of killing off one bug just because the grower does not like the way it looks only to find out that they end up with 2 or more problem bugs moving in since their enemy predator is gone.

..... i have 3 seedling and 3 in flower in the same tent. @MrSauga
I find this more interesting than the bug issue. How does it work out if you have 3 plants under a flowering light schedule with 3 seedlings in the same then which need a longer light schedule to get them to grow up to a proper size.

Seems to me that you might have the seedlings start to flower while they are very small.

From the faq from fox farm
All I am doing is saying that the research I did last year brought up that there was the possibility that Fox Farms was adding these beneficial insects. @BeanTownFan420 got me remembering the Hypoaspis Miles bug discussions.
Oh sorry the 3 flowering are autos
OK, got it. I keep forgetting about the Auto-Flowering plants.

Back
Top Bottom