Sponsor List Link At Top Of Forum Pages

Please consider returning the link to the big list of forum sponsors to the top of the forum, so that it is accessible from every page. The only way I know of to get to this list - directly from the forum, I mean - now is somewhat more involved (open the main forum page in a separate tab, scroll down to 420 Sponsors, open its sub-menu, click on the "Please Visit Our Sponsors" link that comprises the entirety of this sub-menu).

I realize that there is a limit to the number of links you can place up there without creating a... mess, lol, so I do not expect you to automatically add this one. I would like you to consider doing so, though. It was convenient being able to access it easily; although I am not able to make a lot of product purchases([/understatement]), I try to support our sponsors - which means that I like to recommend folks use them whenever it is feasible to do so.

If you do not add such a link to the top, I understand (see above). And I have bookmarked that page in my browser, so it is not exactly burdensome for me to get to it. However, other folks might not do this. It seems to me that, the more people who access that page, the more potential customers those sponsors (as a group) have.

Thank you for your time.

Hi TS

The link to the list of sponsors is at the top of every page, in the black menu bar.

:thumb:

I was hoping it was already there and someone would point it out to me, lol.

Wait - you mean the black menu bar that shows the date (classy, but of no particular use?), my user name (okay, I might one day forget what it is, so possibly useful in the future ;) ), my Inbox counter, my Alerts counter, a "What's New" menu, a "Members" menu, a Contact link, a big blank spot, and four anti-social media icons?

Hmm, something is missing from that list, lol. Is it supposed to be in the midst of that blank spot? I suppose my script-blocker could be killing it - but that seems vanishingly unlikely if it's just a link.

I think you may have a local problem. I have checked and it's visible to members.
full

That's... odd. Running Firefox 60.0.1. Couple of "analyzer" type add-ons that wouldn't be relevant here. Also, as previously mentioned, a script-blocker. But that one shouldn't cause this kind of thing (and I have given your 420magazine.com script permission to run on my computer). Unless this thing is controlled by one of the three(?) Google scripts your forum attempts to run on my laptop, of course - but that would seem to be somewhat unlikely on the face of it, because (AfaIK) all of the other textual links on my black bar header appear to both be there and be functional.

The issue stopped bothering me on a personal level when I finally remembered to (have my browser) make note of the link. But please leave this thread up/open, and I will remain subscribed to it; if anyone else posts in the future that they are affected, too, I can attempt to do some diagnostics on the matter.

In the meantime, if I am the only one affected, don't worry about it, lol.

Thank you for checking on this for me, Teddy.

I also have been wondering where it went.
I do not see it next to contact. It is just black until the facebook button.
I use chrome across my pcs, and abp.

I checked in "Edge-plorer" and it is there.

I reset chrome, and it was still gone.

Turned off abp and it came after a refresh.

Appreciate it, Teddy. And I wasn't trying to be a smart-arse above (I just realized it could, conceivably, have been taken that way). Was more or less assuming it was some weird condition on my end, but I've been watching for any other reports of the link not being present for people. Having found such - and this time, on a smart phone and using the recommended Chrome web browser - tells me that it's not just a local issue here.

Are you on a PC and run an Ad Block type addon? As it won't be on the bar unless you disable it for this Forum (I was wondering where the heck it went a few months back and figured out that was the problem, as soon as I disabled it here it was there).

Are you viewing the website on a PC, Apple or mobile device please? If a mobile device, what is it?

PC (laptop), Firefox version 60.0.2 (64-bit). You didn't ask, but my OS is a linux one (so it should support all standards, just not any "We're Microsoft so we can do whatever we want and we expect the world to choke it down" garbage).

Are you on a PC and run an Ad Block type addon?

I run a script-blocker (and have since the first one was released), and recommend every single person who ever uses a web browser do so. Script-blockers do tend to block ads on websites which depend on third-party scripts running on the visitors' computers in order to serve said ads instead of the other method. I've got no problem allowing you to run the 420magazine.com script on my laptop - and it's allowed to do so.

I've also got no problem with the concept of seeing ads here. As long as they're targeted ones (my penis is quite large enough, thanks ;) ) related to cannabis or at least about products that the average cannabis-user might, conceivably be interested in. If so, I would at least glance at each and every one of them; I regularly look at the Sponsors list page, and occasionally visit one or more of their websites. I see ads at

As it won't be on the bar unless you disable it for this Forum (I was wondering where the heck it went a few months back and figured out that was the problem, as soon as I disabled it here it was there).

Respectfully, HtH did that situation happen, lol? The forum software, combined with the aforementioned 420magazine.com script, manages to properly display all the other links here - including all the other ones on that black bar at the top of the screen - but NOT that Sponsors link/menu one. That would appear to defy logic. But, as I trust you, and you have tested this thing, it seems to be the case. :hmmmm:...

I would consider allowing a... NON-Google script to run on my computer.

Please, along with your device info, also show a screenshot. (Tech request).

I'll do so when I return (pressing matters await). But, in the meantime, my top "black bar" looks like the one in post #4 - along with the date and my user name (which is handy for all the times that I manage to forget that I am the TorturedSoul ;) ) to the left of what that image shows, and the links to the four anti-social websites on the right-hand side. Which is what makes this so weird, especially now that I know the cause to be a blocked script. I believe this is the very first time I've ever experienced a website needing a third-party script just to provide an ON-SITE link, LOL.

Off-Topic Content: Hey, Teddy, I haven't kept up on who the staff News Hawk is currently and don't have time to go a hunting for a recent news thread to find out, but I read a news article a couple days ago about a couple that recently lost custody of their son because they decided to treat his severe seizures after nothing else worked (cannabis DID). I'll PM you the link, would you forward it to the appropriate party, please? It's obviously the kind of thing people would be interested in (they raised $50,550 in 17 days on GoFundMe for their legal fund!) - and perhaps a few thousand of our members would be kind enough to write some (actual, physical) letters to various elected officials (registered mail would be awesome - there's a record of receipt of those), newspapers, television stations, et cetera. Maybe some rich "secret Santa" type would even be interested in helping them move to a more reasonable/humane state, IDK. The husband already lost his decent job (and is now delivering pizzas), so they could probably use all the help they could get. And it's their kid, man. Anyway, thanks in advance.

I’m on an iPhone using Safari - OS is up to date. Everything on the site works for me as far as I know but I don’t know where to find the sponsors anymore. If I was a new member I would have no way of knowing that there is such a thing here as sponsors.

My phone is a few weeks old and the settings are default for the most part. I don’t think I’ve set anything to block ads. In any case it’s a link that’s missing. I see the banner ads just fine.

This affects my life not at all, but I can see it affecting the lives of the sponsors a bit.

If you’re going to tell all iPhone users that they have to download the Chrome app to be able to use the 420 site properly... well it can be done of course, but why should it be necessary ?

Here’s what my screen looks like. Can you tell me if the sponsors link is in one of the submenus?
Thanks a lot :passitleft:

As a result of this thread, we are investigating making the Sponsor List obvious and easy to access on mobile devices. They keep this website free for all, so it's clearly important to them and to us.

:Namaste:

The sponsor list should now be easily accessible on mobile devices as well as on PCs and laptops, via "Sponsors" on the black menu bar at the top the page.

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed to this discussion. Most helpful. :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom