SpringTails, White Mite & Spider Mite

HigherTheHigh

So iv been having problems lately with little white what look like springtails, they were in my spill trays in excess water and now they are in my tops of my pots in there hundreads!

Iv spent a lot of time getting my plants for this to just happen, i was planning on using some westland resolva as im sure its worked with these before but what are your opinions? i have to buy via amazon or other stores.

Thanks!

So iv been having problems lately with little white what look like springtails, they were in my spill trays in excess water and now they are in my tops of my pots in there hundreads!

Iv spent a lot of time getting my plants for this to just happen, i was planning on using some westland resolva as im sure its worked with these before but what are your opinions? i have to buy via amazon or other stores.

Thanks!

Do you have any pic's of the little critters? Do the fly, or just crawl around? Try checking here:

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

It sounds like possible fungus gnats, but without pics or better description, it's tough to tell.

You can try some no-pest-strips on the surface of the pots and/or hanging (if they fly), mosquito dunk, neem oil, etc. but best to know what you're dealing with first.

Theres no way of getting a picture, they do bounce but dont fly i dont think, im pretty sure there destroying my roots, tried cannacure and that hasnt worked.

Iv got 2 plants in flush now so the last thing i want is for a bad taste from pesticides, but they do have 9 days left of flush.

Theres no way of getting a picture, they do bounce but dont fly i dont think, im pretty sure there destroying my roots, tried cannacure and that hasnt worked.

Iv got 2 plants in flush now so the last thing i want is for a bad taste from pesticides, but they do have 9 days left of flush.

Do they look like this?:

1134sly1.jpg

Or this?:

1134fungas-gnat1.jpg

Do you see any "webby" material on the plants (like spider webs)? Any damage to the leaves of the plants?

The first picture mate, i know they dont have wings.

Symphilids
Small pests that are tan to white colored and look like centipedes. They are very deadly to the plants, because they burrow down into the roots and damage them by feeding of them. Your plants leaves will begin to die off. They are found mostly in soil composites that have not been cleaned, like soil that has additives in them such as animal manure.
(I know it will smell funny but sterilizing the soil in the oven for 30 min can kill any pests in the soil, heat to 350 for 30 min.) They are easy to tell if you have them, because they come to the top soil when your plant is being watered, if you find you do have them, use Fungus Gnat Killer ("B.T." a non chemical,biological control) in the powdered form. One application should kill it, just to be safe repeat every 7 days to kill off the larvae. Tobacco juice kills them as well! And nematodes.

Note: BT is "Baccilium Thurengensis" (I probably misspelled!) :)

Back
Top Bottom