Squiggles Better Late Than Never Journal Thing

Hey Squiggle,
Hello,
maybe I can help with your cloning efforts.
Much depends on what it is you are trying to achieve.
Cloning and flowering are at opposite ends of the growing cycle. To grow a healthy, vibrant young plant from your existing plant is not hard if you keep it simple.
Take your cuttings from healthy actively growing mothers that are fully in the veg cycle.
Have your media ready - plain tap water and promix work for me. Ph 6.5 - 8 is fine. (don't obsess)
Use a new razor blade (sterile) and handle the cutting with care. Should only be in your hand 20 - 30 secs. Slice from plant, nick off lower nodes and leaves. (not really good to trim all the leaves like that).
Use fresh, new rooting hormone and put it to bed, 3 inches deep (75mm for you metric lot) is good.
A clear cover with lots of breathing room is generally needed. Nice and moist but not soaking.
Just a bit of light (24 hrs/day), comfy temperature (don't obsess) for 3 - 7 days should start showing roots.
Don't be in a hurry to give nutrients. Get lots of roots and be growing up top first. The clear cover should be gone now. Transplant to larger pots before becoming root-bound and Bob's your uncle.
Hope this helps.

Hey Squiggle,
Hello,
Cloning and flowering are at opposite ends of the growing cycle. To grow a healthy, vibrant young plant from your existing plant is not hard if you keep it simple.
Take your cuttings from healthy actively growing mothers that are fully in the veg cycle.
Have your media ready - plain tap water and promix work for me. Ph 6.5 - 8 is fine. (don't obsess)
Use a new razor blade (sterile) and handle the cutting with care. Should only be in your hand 20 - 30 secs. Slice from plant, nick off lower nodes and leaves. (not really good to trim all the leaves like that).
Use fresh, new rooting hormone and put it to bed, 3 inches deep (75mm for you metric lot) is good.
A clear cover with lots of breathing room is generally needed. Nice and moist but not soaking.
Just a bit of light (24 hrs/day), comfy temperature (don't obsess) for 3 - 7 days should start showing roots.
Don't be in a hurry to give nutrients. Get lots of roots and be growing up top first. The clear cover should be gone now. Transplant to larger pots before becoming root-bound and Bob's your uncle.
Hope this helps.
Thanks man. Really appreciate it. I've got a new journal going at the moment. So I will definitely need your help..
Thanks again

Hey Squiggle,
Hello,
Hope this helps.
That is great advice!!! I have some big fat tops I could take off at like the sixth or seventh node, which might make some amazing clones. Could be wrong from what I think I hear. Seems like some folks like using really fat cuttings for clones and others like using smaller cuttings for clones (not necessarily small). Need to make some time and try to successfully clone some plants.

That is great advice!!! I have some big fat tops I could take off at like the sixth or seventh node, which might make some amazing clones. Could be wrong from what I think I hear. Seems like some folks like using really fat cuttings for clones and others like using smaller cuttings for clones (not necessarily small). Need to make some time and try to successfully clone some plants.
You said the operative word mate. "Time"
When you get some spare time, Give me some as I can't find any:laugh:

Morning squiggle mate m hope your good :thumb:
I am thank you.. hope you're well too..
Oh! While your here. I have a new journal running at the mo. Would you like to join in? There's no pressure to catch up or anything. Just join in at the end. The rest of the journal is just a bit of a laugh.. more joke than smoke..
I didn't tag anyone into it. As I know how busy everyone is at the moment and I didn't want to pressure anyone...
Hope the sun is shining on the emerald Isle.
Take care and speak soon..

Squiggz

Ps. If anyone else fancies joining In to the new thread. Please do..
Like I said above . I didn't tag anyone into it as I know how much this site can consume your life and we are all consumed with other things at the moment

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom