Steff's Second Time Around - CFL - Blue Dream

Your measuring the % of amber on buds now. And those original buds may be turning amber.

Lets say your original buds are now 50% amber.

But you are always getting new buds and bulk on the old buds.

As the old buds bulk up, they are getting new, young tricomes, oils, thc, ect...

So in 3 weeks, you might have twice as much bud, with most of the new bud only being milky because it has only been on the plant for 3 weeks.

So now you have old bud with 50% amber and new bud with 10% or whatever, overall you have 30% and a whole lot more bud.

My last grow I had 3 plants that were suppose to be 7 or 8 weeks (contradicting numbers from the seed bank and breeder). Anyway, I harvested one at 7 weeks and another closer to 9. The one at 9 weeks had a lot more weight, better looking and smelling buds, and more potency. The one I chopped at 7 weeks looked great too, but it would have gotten even better!

I find peace of mind just holding out for the breeders date and not worrying about it.

But now my plants are falling over, and its not because of weight... hope the strings will hold them, but may have to chop early, myself.

Best of luck!

Quick shots, she is doing good! The small one quit growing completely. Transplanting her seems to have made her stop, as well as her life beginning in a poor quality container. Poor thing, she tried but I gave up on her. Here is my STAR, she is so dense!! :circle-of-love:
20160416_095237.jpg
20160416_095221.jpg
20160416_094934.jpg
20160416_094900.jpg
20160416_094915.jpg

:love:Hopefully this next pic will help you see the size of the flowers. We have 10 flowers that are about the same size, and two that are substantially larger, and two that are substantially smaller.. Lol! Fourteen total tops :):love:

20160416_100302.jpg

I have been meaning to come on here, but I have been so darn busy :( I can't remember the harvest date, but she is still curing and there is about an ounce! I realize she would of yielded more had I did a longer veg period. Learned a lot this grow though!!

Sooooo.... I decided to try something new, and I re-vegged her! I has been two weeks now, and she is looking good. I didn't realize I was suppose to replant her, but she looks happy. The clone I clipped a while ago is so small but she looks happy for sure. I don't know when to put the lights back on 12/12 though. Right now I have them on 20/4. I will update with pics soon!

Well done steff. :high-five: I look forward to the pictures. I'm excited about the reveg too. They say you can expect up to twice the initial harvest. Great days ahead for you then. :laughtwo:

Quick shots, she is doing good! The small one quit growing completely. Transplanting her seems to have made her stop, as well as her life beginning in a poor quality container. Poor thing, she tried but I gave up on her. Here is my STAR, she is so dense!! :circle-of-love:
20160416_095237.jpg
20160416_095221.jpg
20160416_094934.jpg
20160416_094900.jpg
20160416_094915.jpg

:love:Hopefully this next pic will help you see the size of the flowers. We have 10 flowers that are about the same size, and two that are substantially larger, and two that are substantially smaller.. Lol! Fourteen total tops :):love:

20160416_100302.jpg

Beautiful plant! I tried to find seeds for blue dream, but ended up with tangerine dream. I'm going to try this next though, great job!!

Here is the reveg pics. I tried to get just one stem, to capture the way the flowers have stretched and turned into a branch. The stench is so strong, it's beautiful and was unexpected!! She is also incredibly sticky, much more than before harvest! I have been feeding her a homemade tea of fox farms ocean floor dirt and blood meal. So far so good :)

reveg18.jpg

Side note, looks like I need a macro lens, these shots are horrible in detail and this is shot with a $1500 camera! grrr

I want to add, I left like 10 very small flowers on the plant. There was only one five point leaf left on, accidentally. I had no clue I was going to do this lol. The flowers weren't worth harvesting, the calyx weren't swelled and they were smaller than a dime. That is what gave me the idea to try and learn something about revegging. So much fun!!

Here is the reveg pics. I tried to get just one stem, to capture the way the flowers have stretched and turned into a branch. The stench is so strong, it's beautiful and was unexpected!! She is also incredibly sticky, much more than before harvest! I have been feeding her a homemade tea of fox farms ocean floor dirt and blood meal. So far so good :)

reveg18.jpg

Side note, looks like I need a macro lens, these shots are horrible in detail and this is shot with a $1500 camera! grrr

That's so cool, the way the flower morphed into a branch. Dang! Wish I had more room to play with one. Oh well, someday. :laughtwo:

Here is an update of the clone, and the revegged plants! They both look good, and to be quite honest I again do not know how long they have been flowering for. I want to say it has been three weeks now? The reveg has way more flowers, and very close nodes compared to the clone. The clone looks great, already better than the one that stopped growing with this initial grow. I really like these planters they're in, however they do need more light.

This is the clone:
20160608_102152.jpg
20160608_102131.jpg

This is the reveg:
20160608_102209.jpg
20160608_100640.jpg
20160608_100618.jpg
20160608_100652.jpg

Things I have noticed on the reveg is a lot of the new growth, the single leafs that grew after flipping to 20/4, died soon after flipping back to 12/12! She also started growing pistils after the clone, however the flowers now are larger than those on the clone. There is also so much more leafs on the reveg. The clone has longer stems than the clone.

Welcome to the wacky wild dark arts of growing. You're looking real good steff. Well, the plant is any ways, lol.

The clusters look like about 10-14 days in flower to me, for a clone. They build clusters sooner/faster than your original seed plant because the clone is old and mature. That doesn't mean it will finish sooner though. My Avatar grower (was in an accident and am unable to grow ATM) has one clone of my blue dream flowering. It's a clone of the one I grew late last year, early this year. After 10 days it looked like yours. Now it's day 18 and has really built clusters, way larger than yours. I asked him to add 1/4tsp of Bioag Cytoplus to a watering 1 week before flower, as well as once each during week 1 and week 2 flower. That plant has WAY larger clusters than my original seed mom.

Just a tip for ya. She likes Cytoplus in transition and early flower. And she likes Pro-Tekt too, added to one watering per week after the cytoplus is used. Also, give her some in veg. The silica helps with the floppy stem strength, pest resistance and adds weight to your harvest. You could experiment with other products too. The cytoplus is 0-0-7.5 with humic acid, micros and seaweed. The pro-tekt is 0-0-3 with silicon dioxide derived from Potassium Silicate (NOT Sulfate of Potash with added Silicon).

More light is good, to a point. The cheesy 3 in 1 meters sold at most stores like Wall-E-World that meter PH, water and light actual work pretty good. Get one then add light until you have 1700-1800 across the top and around 1500 around the sides.

:circle-of-love:

Wow! What a sweet lesson Heirloom. I keep forgetting to mark my CFLs with a start date, and I need to get some kind of meter to tell me when they start to go. I have no idea what I'm doing there. These are the things I'm still learning. Thank goodness the plants keep producing.

Morning steff. Still having fun? :battingeyelashes: :love:

Back
Top Bottom