Steff's Second Time Around - CFL - Blue Dream

steff

Hi everyone! I am excited to start these two, today they finally broke through the soil over the night so I decided to start my second journal because it helps me stay on top of things. Two pics are included, still under Saran Wrap, and I plan on putting them under the CFL's tomorrow or Tuesday. My first grow started outdoors, this one will be strictly indoors. I am going to top them both, and if both end up being females I can only keep one... Sad I know... The seeds were from an ounce of delicious cannabis I purchased, there were the two seeds, and the grower is Clarity Farms. They always provide "top shelf" cannabis, so I was excited to find the two seeds! :love: I wasn't going to germinate them, or any for that matter until we move but I changed my mind :thumb:

Thanks for reading :circle-of-love:

What strain is it? Blue Dream
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Sativa hybrid, 60%/40%
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 1 day
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Fox Farm Ocean Forest, with approx. 25% additional perlite added
If soil... What size pot? 16 oz cup now, will move to a square 7 gal "SmartPot off-brand"
Size of light? Three 150 watt, draws 42 Watts) CFLs
Any Pests ? None
Type and strength of ferts used? Will be using Fox Farms Tiger Bloom

20160207_085054.jpg
20160207_085110.jpg

:cheer:

:eyebrowsmile::eyebrowsmile::eyebrowsmile:
Today marks the 7th day since they've been "born." :slide::slide::slide:

I think they're doing good, and seem to be healthy :thumb:

A little story to these hopefully little girls... When germinating the seed, the larger of the two was the only one to hatch... Well I accidently put both seeds in the cup and the next day two emerged, the one that hatched later I call the runt, and it is the smaller of my two little plant babies. So I was excited when the runt came through, I am loving doing this again! Such a rewarding experience :circle-of-love:

Here are some pics I just took a minute ago

Here is the larger of the two :cheer:

20160214_142202.jpg
20160214_142250.jpg

Here is my beautiful runt :cheer:

20160214_142211.jpg
20160214_142323.jpg

I will be updating at least once a week, maybe more depending on changes and what not. Thanks for reading!!!:thanks:

I wouldn't worry about clear things. When it has it first leaves. Just transplant them.. just big enough it has good roots then.

I wanted to update because I wanted to post about the growth. I forgot when too transplant, thinking Maybe I should soon? Anyways here are some pics, they're pretty :)
20160216_110138.jpg

This one is the runt, but looking good!
20160216_105916.jpg

and the slightly larger if the two:
20160216_105852.jpg

Haven't given any nutes because I really don't know what to buy. Last time all I gave her for the first two months was worm casting tea.
Pointers appreciated :):circle-of-love:

They look good stef. Your setup is nice too. You could transplant anytime. When are you planning to start flower?

The only nutrients that i have used are called General Organics and i have had zero issues and nice buds. The GO Box has everything you will need to grow some funky weed. For 36$ its a nice kit.

1666925311364.png

:goodjob:

I went ahead and made a worm casting tea with a few spoon fulls of blood meal. I read that Blue Dream needs more nitrogen, so in a few days I will give them a little bit.

I am not quite sure when to try to get them to flower. I wanted to wait til they are about four weeks old. I also read this is a tall plant, so I am nervous on starting too late.

Long as they have mature is all you need. That means 6 leaves and pistols are present.

Changed the lights up a little, and added one more bulb yesterday morning. Also feed both with the tea. ..Seems they're satisfied.
New light arrangement:
20160218_200253.jpg

Runt:
20160218_200358.jpg

Larger one:
20160218_200314.jpg
20160218_200310.jpg

Roots are starting to come out if the bottom. Not looking forward to transplanting because I only have one smart pot and planned on keeping only one.
Oh well :)
Thanks for reading :)

Got a chance to get up close with them for the first time. I didn't have this chance, so early, with my first grow. These pics are from both plants. The plus to me doing this is seeing the purple, I need to look into that before it gets serious. Anyways hope you enjoy :)
20160218_204040.jpg
20160218_204218_8_bestshot.jpg
20160218_204247_4_bestshot.jpg
20160218_205154_5_bestshot.jpg
20160218_204654_5_bestshot.jpg
20160218_204829_4_bestshot.jpg

:love::circle-of-love::cheer::high-five::thumb::goodluck::cheesygrinsmiley::slide::party:
...Next to seeing the first signs of being a female, this is something I really enjoy. Something so peaceful about getting this close to them.

Lmao. It's Kool for sure. I have microscope I used .

Good start steff, you can always train them to control the height & increase yield. Topping, LST etc

:thumb:

I transplanted one last night into a 7 gal "Awesome Pot," and FIM'ed the other one.

Changed my mind on doing a FIM job on the other one. Instead, I will just get some wire or some ribbon and try to train the branches to stay low...
...I about barfed when I sheared the runt, I don't have enough experience for this type of stuff yet...

20160220_140554.jpg
20160220_140616.jpg

I will transplant the one that had a FIM job into a small container.

By the end of the month I will switch the timer to 12/12

Hey steff, don't worry about training the plants as they can handle it...actually they probably like it as it gives them more to do, makes for a more exciting time for them lol! I think your fim seems well done so hopefully it fully works. Be a little careful with bending the other one, don't snap the stem or uproot it :grinjoint:

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom