Stickydank's Basic CO2 Method

Hmmm, sounds weird to me...
If I do remember my biology lessons properly, plants do need co2 during day to perform photosynthesis, but at night, they do not use co2, actually they need oxygen and i think that to much co2 at night could even make them suffocate. And based on this technique, i don't see how the imput of co2 can be controled at night...
What you reccon people?

Co2 should only be used when the lights are on, no Co2 at dark times, according to what have read, I just bought a controller, and Im gonna use bottles, we will see!!

so....since the "originator" of this technique is not around. is anyone USING this going to post wat the finnished product looks like? we need a close-up of the exhaust tube also....

Just google some info on home distillation or wine making. A five gallon jug can produce CO2 for for about ten days to two weeks depending on temp, yeast, yeast energizer, sugar etc. With distillers yeast you get 20% of a useful by-product. Ethanol. If you can build a half assed still you can cook out over a gallon of 80% alcohol or 160 proof for you yanks. Great for making your own oil or getting pissed on. Free vodka.

I think it's homedistiller.org. You can download the whole site for off-line browsing. Very extensive and will teach you a lot more than you wanted to know. lol

:peace:

Damn so awesome i was just talkin about how expensive proper co2 can be for a legit set-up and this is right up my broke alley about to put 6 bills into a grow setup when i dont even have enough money for food haha plants are better than food anyway so gonna give this a shot and wing it thanks for the tip smokeymcpot and evryone else for the tid bits of details

you should not have to fear death to use this system it wont make enough co2 to kill you unless you suck right out the tube. and it is my understanding that this type system wont produce over 2200ppm but i will have to find that info to verify and confirm.

baking soda and vinegar do the same thing.

I dont think that the plants absorb any CO2 during the dark hours... so make sure that you have the right amounts of CO2 in the air when the lights are on. I could be wrong, but Im pretty sure that the plants do all the light and co2 gathering during the light hours and do most of the streching and growing at night.
Buster

yes while lights are on but you cant use to much air and ya cant vent while you use co2 or youll vent it al out. so you have to control heat while using co2

i saw a similar post some where that claimed spending 30-60 minutes o a day in your grow increase co2 from your breathing
so you could read the paper to your plants every morning or play them tunes that you could sing along too....

Very true the human breath on exhale has been recorded at 40000ppm so spending an hour in your grow room every day will definitely give them a boost so in combination with sugar water and yeast bottles you could possibly keep your rooms ppm around 600-900 ppm which isnt to bad.

im a plumber/hvac technician and use a torch just about everyday.
i run my torch at the fresh air intake and shut down the exhaust.
i use propane and mapp gas. co2 quick.
i get it to around 1000- 1200ppm then shut off the air intake, and keep the circular fans running inside the grow area.
i dont recommend anybody do this unless you are experienced w/ propane, torches, gases and know the dangers!
just a very inexpensive way to supply co2. a bottle of propane at home depot is only $3.50. a torch tip is $20.00

i like to go in the grow room and get stoned and play the guitar, for a couple of hours. also the more you're in the grow area, and if you encounter a problem, the problem can be fixed sooner rather than later.
also its the cheapest way to supply co2.
:reading420magazine::thanks::peace:

I was wondering if anyone has used those co2 pucks if you were on a very tight income and were going to use them but only for a limited time to lower costs would they be more effective during veg , bloom or would I get better overall performance using them for the end of veg and first half of bloom . I am just on a very limited budget on this first grow as I have spent all my savings to put my room together but was given with all my gear a free 1gallon jug of each gh flora,micro,grow floralicious plus liquid koolbloom and 1 qt of flora kleen and flora shield the guy at the store told me it should be enough to last me a long while as I am growing in pots and not hydroponic.

hi cateros
i hear ya w/ being on a tight budget.
i thought those co2 tabs were expensive. can you buy them 1 puck at a time, or do they come in like packs 5 or 10?
i would do what you said and
start using them at the mid of veg.and into flowering. co2 is less
effective during the last 2 to 3 weeks of flowering
ambient air is approx. 300 ppm. so plants get it anyway.
you should try molasses to sweeten, and supply your plants w/ iron, magnesium, calcium and potassium. help nute uptake. folair spray using seltzerwater. liquid co2. seltzerwith 0gms. sodium. a 2 liter bottle is like $.85. molasses is 3.50. and 1 bottle and lasts a real long time.

:goodluck:

I have used several small jars with egg shells and vinegar. Hang em all over the grow space, recharged them every 8 to 10 days or so...worked well for me, or seemed too. I did not regulate or have a way to measure the amount of co2 produced but the grils seemed better for it...:)

edro

Egg shells and vinegar? How does that work? I mean what is the chemical reaction and such? I use a 1 liter bottle with the sugarwater and yeast. I just modifiy the bottle lid to keep a tight seal on a tube and put it around the plant. I have read that plants can take higher heat temperatures if they have a higher CO2 level so I can turn down the exhaust fan timing. So anyway this bottle thing is supposed to last at least a week or even two.

Back
Top Bottom