Sue,

I started with the whisky barrels about a year after I got a grow permit in 2012. I stopped for about a year and a half and started again after watching Duggan do one of his grows.

I never thought to ask how long he has been using those homemade pots. They are cool.

I never know

He does make the art irrestible. :laughtwo: I'm hoping to be able to pick his brain when we meet and find out what his secret is. He tells me it's because he follows directions and I don't. :laughtwo:

Sue,

I started with the whisky barrels about a year after I got a grow permit in 2012. I stopped for about a year and a half and started again after watching Duggan do one of his grows.

I never thought to ask how long he has been using those homemade pots. They are cool.

I never know

This is good news Magnus. Mental and emotional illness is not to be taken lightly. Knowing she'd been off her meds makes a world of difference.

She sounds like someone with a seriously compromised ECS. I recommend you check out the new thread I posted this morning on ways to bolster the system beyond cannabis. Once you have a harvest and have some meds on hand to process you'll notice a change in both of you.

Be alert going in, anxiety and depression call for different cannabinoid ratios and different strains. It's not something you can mix and match. Depression responds best to the sativa-dominance and anxiety to the indicas. Miss that up and you may have hell to pay.

I Know it is, Sue. I know it is. I originally grew the Pineapple Express for her, for her depression. I'm not really sure if it was a good one for depression, but lea fl y do tc om said it would be good for it. That's all the info I had to go by at the time. Then I grew the Big Buds for myself, not realizing it would put me to sleep everywhere. I'm still going with that idea. Grow the PE for her, the BB for me. Maybe mix a bit of the two together for me for daytime use.

Can you answer me this? In the absence of a real hybrid in the garden, could I mix the two strains together to approximate a hybrid effect? I really want to know and have asked it a few times here, but no one has picked up on my question because I've had so many other questions to ask at the same time. I know it might take a bit of time to find the right ratio, but is it possible to find? Thanks in advance for answering. I would think it might be. All we're looking for is a ratio of cbd/thc -- who cares how we arrive at that ratio, right? Or not?

I'm going to try to keep my posts to answering one simple question each. I think that would be less confusing for everyone. Plus, I would get the answers I am seeking in the order I am seeking them rather than my other shotgun approach.

So, toodle-oo and ta-ta, good night and goodbye, I'm signing off this popsickle stand for a nap right now. Cheers, everyone.

I don't really look at the price Sue I have one hell if a budget to spend on fun things and if it's educational then it's just okay but thanks anyway Sue!

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

If it is educational, interesting, fun, and healthy, as well as applying the new knowledge to marijuana-concentrates you are looking for, then I believe these books would be for you.
Modern Essentials, A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils, Sixth Edition
Essential Oils pocket reference Sixth Edition - Life Science Publishing
Rosemary Gladstar's Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health -
Rosemary Gladstar's Medicinal Herbs, A beginner's Guide
The Complete Book of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy - Valerie Ann Worwood
The Complete Medicinal Herbal - Penelope Ody

Herbs_and_oils_6_23_15_045.jpg

There are countless guides available and I sure wish I had the money and time to purchase and study all of them. My dream is to become a master herbalist and aromatherapist.

An example of how it can be a benefit to marijuana applications. One of these books offers a complete breakdown of carrier oils, which to use and when, for topical applications. Currently I am using fractionated coconut oil as my carrier oil for topicals. Another book offers a complete breakdown of what essential oils are best used for specific ailments. The possibilities are endless!

If it is educational, interesting, fun, and healthy, as well as applying the new knowledge to marijuana-concentrates you are looking for, then I believe these books would be for you.
Modern Essentials, A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils, Sixth Edition
Essential Oils pocket reference Sixth Edition - Life Science Publishing
Rosemary Gladstar's Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health -
Rosemary Gladstar's Medicinal Herbs, A beginner's Guide
The Complete Book of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy - Valerie Ann Worwood
The Complete Medicinal Herbal - Penelope Ody

Herbs_and_oils_6_23_15_045.jpg

There are countless guides available and I sure wish I had the money and time to purchase and study all of them. My dream is to become a master herbalist and aromatherapist.

An example of how it can be a benefit to marijuana applications. One of these books offers a complete breakdown of carrier oils, which to use and when, for topical applications. Currently I am using fractionated coconut oil as my carrier oil for topicals. Another book offers a complete breakdown of what essential oils are best used for specific ailments. The possibilities are endless!
Well thanks Goddes!! I do have plenty of time so maybe it interesting for me to buy some books!

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

He does make the art irrestible. :laughtwo: I'm hoping to be able to pick his brain when we meet and find out what his secret is. He tells me it's because he follows directions and I don't. :laughtwo:

I tend to not make any notes other than a chart of when a plant is cut for clone, days in veggie, days in flower and sometimes yield.

You should be returning from decompression therapy and switching over about the time my batch is cooked. We should try to be nice to Dugge. He may be our only hope.

Best

This is good news Magnus. Mental and emotional illness is not to be taken lightly. Knowing she'd been off her meds makes a world of difference.

She sounds like someone with a seriously compromised ECS. I recommend you check out the new thread I posted this morning on ways to bolster the system beyond cannabis. Once you have a harvest and have some meds on hand to process you'll notice a change in both of you.

Be alert going in, anxiety and depression call for different cannabinoid ratios and different strains. It's not something you can mix and match. Depression responds best to the sativa-dominance and anxiety to the indicas. Miss that up and you may have hell to pay.

Ah, that is very interesting. I was wondering about treating depression with cannabis, too.

What would you think the long-term prognosis is for treating anxiety first for awhile, then following with treatment for depression? Would I theoretically eventually get to the point that I'd do well with that kind of treatment?

I have no idea if there's even a way to answer that. It's interesting to think about, though.

Ah, that is very interesting. I was wondering about treating depression with cannabis, too.

What would you think the long-term prognosis is for treating anxiety first for awhile, then following with treatment for depression? Would I theoretically eventually get to the point that I'd do well with that kind of treatment?

I have no idea if there's even a way to answer that. It's interesting to think about, though.

With my daughter, the balanced ratio meds handled both the anxiety and the depression. I can't prove it, but I suspect the depression that accompanies severe anxiety has a slightly different flavor than depression on its own. What I do know is that once we had her on a stable four capsules a day she stopped having both overriding anxiety and depression.

With my daughter, the balanced ratio meds handled both the anxiety and the depression. I can't prove it, but I suspect the depression that accompanies severe anxiety has a slightly different flavor than depression on its own. What I do know is that once we had her on a stable four capsules a day she stopped having both overriding anxiety and depression.

Yes! :cheer:

That, too, is part of what I'm wondering about. Is my depression a result of the anxiety, or is it simply its own thing joining the anxiety for the ride of [my] life? I did have depression bouts throughout my life. But none lasted long. Definitely not almost a decade.

I shall find that out eventually :)

Sara,
I've dealt with depression most of my life. I didn't make progress until I began to realize it was caused by frustration and isolation caused by other conditions that neither I nor my doctors had recognized. I remember the near euphoria I experienced when I discovered this. That lasted a few weeks. Then the hard work of healing those newly recognized conditions started and continues today, but I haven't had a debilitating bout of depression like I had before since then.

So I hope you are having a similar experience with your successes so far in treating your anxiety.:circle-of-love:

Grow Goddess from Michigan, Hello from Michigan. I am so pleased to see essential oils mentioned. I wish everyone had a humidifier and atomizer and some oils to use in their homes. Having 6 Yorkies I can not use a sulfur burner for PM and mold so I invested in an atomizer and used Thieves up and downstairs and feeling better in lungs now. My wife uses humidifier and the scents do alter our moods for the better. Interesting read online by Edward R Close,Phd,PE on toxic mold vs essential oils. Plant oils seem to be a very special gift that should be shared. We used Christmas Cheer alot this season.

I Know it is, Sue. I know it is. I originally grew the Pineapple Express for her, for her depression. I'm not really sure if it was a good one for depression, but lea fl y do tc om said it would be good for it. That's all the info I had to go by at the time. Then I grew the Big Buds for myself, not realizing it would put me to sleep everywhere. I'm still going with that idea. Grow the PE for her, the BB for me. Maybe mix a bit of the two together for me for daytime use.

Can you answer me this? In the absence of a real hybrid in the garden, could I mix the two strains together to approximate a hybrid effect? I really want to know and have asked it a few times here, but no one has picked up on my question because I've had so many other questions to ask at the same time. I know it might take a bit of time to find the right ratio, but is it possible to find? Thanks in advance for answering. I would think it might be. All we're looking for is a ratio of cbd/thc -- who cares how we arrive at that ratio, right? Or not?

I'm going to try to keep my posts to answering one simple question each. I think that would be less confusing for everyone. Plus, I would get the answers I am seeking in the order I am seeking them rather than my other shotgun approach.

So, toodle-oo and ta-ta, good night and goodbye, I'm signing off this popsickle stand for a nap right now. Cheers, everyone.

Yes you can. I have done it with smoking and vaping too. A little of this and a little of that for the right effect. :peace:

Grow Goddess from Michigan, Hello from Michigan. I am so pleased to see essential oils mentioned. I wish everyone had a humidifier and atomizer and some oils to use in their homes. Having 6 Yorkies I can not use a sulfur burner for PM and mold so I invested in an atomizer and used Thieves up and downstairs and feeling better in lungs now. My wife uses humidifier and the scents do alter our moods for the better. Interesting read online by Edward R Close,Phd,PE on toxic mold vs essential oils. Plant oils seem to be a very special gift that should be shared. We used Christmas Cheer alot this season.

My wife and I use our Extreme Q vaporizer more as an atomizer for our essential oils (usually lavender at bed time.) We are actually starting to make aroma therapy candles with our oils. :) :circle-of-love::peace:

I came across an interesting article by Jeremy Kossen over at Leafly about the connection between the runner's high and the ECS. My favorite paragraph:

"As appealing an explanation as it may sound, from an evolutionary standpoint, it’s unlikely humans developed the “runner’s high” as a reward for exercising or getting off prescription opiates. Guillermo Moreno, PhD, a research scientist from the Piomelli Lab at the University of California, Irvine’s School of Medicine, whose study of anandamide has helped modern science better understand the role of this fascinating neurotransmitter, explains, “Anandamide induces vasorelaxation, which is likely a homeostatic response to sustained cardio activity."

Yes you can. I have done it with smoking and vaping too. A little of this and a little of that for the right effect. :peace:

Thanks, SuperGroomer, I appreciate you reply. Truly appreciate all your replies to me, though I may have forgotten during my troubles to mention that. But thank you, from the bottom...

Sara,
I've dealt with depression most of my life. I didn't make progress until I began to realize it was caused by frustration and isolation caused by other conditions that neither I nor my doctors had recognized. I remember the near euphoria I experienced when I discovered this. That lasted a few weeks. Then the hard work of healing those newly recognized conditions started and continues today, but I haven't had a debilitating bout of depression like I had before since then.

So I hope you are having a similar experience with your successes so far in treating your anxiety.:circle-of-love:

Thank you! I am so glad that you figured it out and are improving. Thank you for the reaffirming what I was thinking; I remember not even being depressed for the first year of my anxiety. Freaked out. Scared. But I had so much hope that things would improve; then not only did it get worse, but my whole body fell apart. So, I think that's when the depression and other things came. I think. Something to think about :)

You have such an amazing calm attitude about it all, so I think you'll have nothing but success :high-five: :love:

I came across an interesting article by Jeremy Kossen over at Leafly about the connection between the runner's high and the ECS. My favorite paragraph:

"As appealing an explanation as it may sound, from an evolutionary standpoint, it’s unlikely humans developed the “runner’s high” as a reward for exercising or getting off prescription opiates. Guillermo Moreno, PhD, a research scientist from the Piomelli Lab at the University of California, Irvine’s School of Medicine, whose study of anandamide has helped modern science better understand the role of this fascinating neurotransmitter, explains, “Anandamide induces vasorelaxation, which is likely a homeostatic response to sustained cardio activity."

AHHHHHH. I can't wait to feel that again :) :slide::yahoo:

Funny thing about evolution is that traits develop for one reason but can pick up other purposes equally beneficial. So anandamide may have evolved originally for physiological reasons, but it also made us feel good and this reward motivated behavior that contributed to our continued evolution and success as a species. Think of it this way. There are many chemicals we could have evolved for vasorelaxation, in fact we have others. But the one that is most prevalent in our system is the one that also gets us high. Not a coincidence in my book.

Oxytocin, the hug drug, is another example. It has physiological role in child birth and lactation, but it also helps bonding, another evolutionary advantage. Otherwise why would males need hugs. Speaking of which it's time for my next dose. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom