Taking My Chances With The Devil: Dark Devil Auto & Devil's Crack Auto

Yep it's why I don't have/want them haha.

Do you always flower out plants in such small pots or is it because of space you grow small?
Combination of factors, Besides the fact that I like working with small plants; Tent is only 5ft tall, only have one grow area, low light (240 watts in 10sq ft), and temp/rh problems in summer time.

All but the Red Point female are in hempys now, so rootbound doesn't really happen. I may up pot her if I don't feel too lazy this weekend. If not, no big deal.

@beez0404 does it hurt the pollinated girls to have a long (2week) flush?

I might be a bad one to ask about that. I run mostly indica plants and grow them to help with anxiety and insomnia. Typically when I see all milky crystals at that point I start a 5 day flush followed by 5 days of nothing (no water, no food) and harvest at the end of that time.

If you're asking me if a 2 week flush will hurt the seeds I would comfortably say it would not.

Thank you... really, 5 days no water??? Interesting.. you use bigger pots/containers than I do so that might not work for me, well maybe the 1gallon hempy would.

I normally flush for 5-7 days but have considered doubling it because of my relatively short dry time. Stupid high desert type crap.

A few more pics.

Had some trouble getting my fan/filter positioned correctly. I tried something new (trying to reduce fan squeak) and the whole house smelled like ripe DDA, which I don't mind but the neighbors certainly would. So I went with what I already had working, lol. Time to buy a new fan/filter is coming real soon.

Edited to add my Sensi NL x GG#4 soaked overnight sunk to the bottom already. My Sensi NL x Nirvana NL IBL hasn't sunk yet, seeds are little monsters(big for seeds)..

In three weeks (after DDA#1 gets the chop) I plan to soak a couple of more red point seeds, either the purple zebra cross or Mazar x Guererro cross. The zebras grow like thais, havent grown out the mazar x Guererro cross seeds to completion before.

Lol, that's just the beginning of my plans... My filing cabinet will, if my neighbor ever takes a day off to help, become a dedicated auto space and the entertainment center I was supposed to get a couple of months ago will be a veg and maybe clone box, finally be here today or tomorrow. These will eventually free up my tent to be a dedicated photperiod flowering space.

Sensi NL x Nirvana NL IBL and Sensi NL x GG#4 are planted. Made up a new home for my Red Point x Unknown, transplant that gal later today.

Not sure why my feeding change is working so well for all of my plants. I haven't had a chance to check the ph of it yet, just going with the flow. The flow tells me if it ain't broke don't fix it, at least for now.

This is the second SSDC that seems to be sensitive. The last one damped off, which has never happened to me. This one appears to have root problems that I have also never experienced. I will grow this one out and shelf the strain until I have more time to play around with it.

Red Point x Unknown has a growth structure like the piney pheno from my first run of these seeds. The smell isn't quite there, but she is only about 5 weeks old. She will likely need some supercropping to tame the height down. They like to stretch forever

After removing the algae infested drainage trays from my tent yesterday, the humidity dropped immensely... Took me by surprise when DDA#2 was looking thirsty at this morning's feeding. Also dimmed things a bit until i can get back in later and adjust her distance to the lights. I imagine she will be fine.

Red Point cross is still sad about the transplant, but not nearly as sad as yesterday. I know she will make it. From what I can tell, after growing many plants that have the same red point father, not much slows them down and droopy in early flower is more common than not. Nobody online has an explanation for that, seems to be strain specific.?.?.?? Perhaps because they are not bred to be grown indoors???

Out of smoke til tomorrow, bummer and a half... at least I didn't clip any emergency tester buds this round. That has been difficult to say the least. Tomorrow I should be getting an ounce of Glueberry. The guy that grows it uses Heavy 16? Some thousand dollar nutrient lineup. There are a few seeds that I have collected from his last crop, I just don't know if I want to grow them. Every bag seed I pop has a gender identity crisis and that makes me leery. Every non bag seed does great and no herms from those. Stick with what I know is safe...

She did. The NL x NL did not. If she doesn't germinate I will scuff the next one's shell up and see if that helps. They are some sturdy effing seeds.

More pics just because...

DDA #1 is going to be soooo good. Waiting......

I don't know what to say.. The little smoke I get off of her will be great I am sure.

DDA#2 is doing her thing. Red Point x Unknown seems to be recovering from transplant well, she stretched about 3" overnight. I hate growing in coco...

And the way things are today

The NL x NL did not. If she doesn't germinate I will scuff the next one's shell up and see if that helps. They are some sturdy effing seeds.

Sometimes a plant will be covered in resin. If the seeds are also covered in this resin they have a very difficult time A: getting moisture inside to germ. And B: have a hard time opening. So yes, scarifying them thoroughly is the only way to get some seeds to germinate.

Yeah, I am very familiar with the method. Just haven't had to do it, possibly until now. I could probably go a little longer on the soaking, but I just don't like going past 24hrs.

If I don't see her in a few more days I will conduct an investigation.

I use a Nexium 24 hour plastic bottle filled about 1/3 of the way with white playground sand. I drop the seed/s in and shake the hell out of it till my arm hurts. Then when it feels better I do it again. It's maybe 5 minutes of hard shaking but worth it if the alternative is the seed doesn't germinate.

I use a Nexium 24 hour plastic bottle filled about 1/3 of the way with white playground sand. I drop the seed/s in and shake the hell out of it till my arm hurts. Then when it feels better I do it again. It's maybe 5 minutes of hard shaking but worth it if the alternative is the seed doesn't germinate.
That's a good idea, thanks for the tip mate :thumb:

I was thinking of putting a folded piece of 240grit in a pre-roll joint container and giving her he'll. Same destination, different route. I can see how the sand would be a bit gentler.

A friend of mine went through a lot of trouble to make one for himself. But I do have to admit I wouldn't mind having it. He took a cigar tube, cut a piece of sandpaper that he shaped into a tube which he slid into the cigar tube. He had applied a little epoxy to the back and pushed it to stick using a pencil with the eraser on the end. I know it has to do a quicker job then the white sand I use.

First time I tried it I held the seed with tweezers and used a small piece of sandpaper to sand along the seam between the two halves. What a pain in the butt. Didn't want to squeeze too hard so the seed kept either popping out or spinning around. I only scarify seeds that under magnification have visible dried resins on them.

Back
Top Bottom