Tale of Two Widows - White Widow - DWC - Grow

Are these both White Widows?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought I answered this earlier, my apologies. Thanks Max for your kind words. No the portable ScrOGs are not home made. A friend sent them to me. They are quite convenient. Not sure where they came from...
20151216_074753.jpg
This is day 35F WW1 on left, WW2 on right
20151216_074346.jpg
Side view of WW1c, 35F
20151216_074855.jpg
WW1, 35F
20151209_075203.jpg
WW2, 35F
20151216_075314.jpg
WW1 top view 35F
20151216_075331.jpg
WW2 top view 35F
20151216_075228.jpg
WW1 cola 35F, 5 inches
20151216_075206.jpg
WW2 cola 35F, 5 inches

Grow Room configuration -

Earlier in this journal I explained a little about my grow room and left a few things out.

I talked about the carbon filter suspended from the ceiling but never showed a pic. Here it is

20151225_055805.jpg

You can see it needs a new outer filter.

So the air is puled through this filter with an inline fine on the other side of the wall. The fresh air is pulled into the room at the base of the door, through the plants and up to the filter hung from the ceiling.

Door vent bends in 3 places to prevent light leak from the next room.

20151225_105716.jpg

On the outside of the room I have a small space heater plugged into a thermostat switch inside the room set at 70 degrees. The room is not heated so when the lights are out and the temp drops below 70, the space heater outside the room kicks on and blows hot air into the room. When the temp reaches 71-72, the heat kicks off. I don't have the reverse problem with auxiliary cool air, specially since I switched to LED which hardly generates any heat.

In my climate, this method with normal HVAC from the rest of the house being pulled into the room in all seasons works well to regulate my grow room temps, with just a little supplemental heat in winter. My room remains at 70-77 year round with nute temps ranging from 65-72.

Before I switched to LED I was constantly fighting extreme temps. I even tried an Active Aqua cooler to keep
the nutes and root zones in a good range, but the roots kept screwing with the circulation. LEDs have eliminated this issue for me.

20151225_105551.jpg

I keep the air moving in the room with two Ozeri 3 speed bi directional oscillating fans (up and down, side to side). One of them has a remote which operates the fan on the unaccessible other side of the plants.

20151225_055730.jpg
20151225_055457.jpg
20151225_055651.jpg

WW1 day 44f, taking popcorn samples where they crop up on her bottom every day, dry for a couple days, then vape. That's my objective test of "doneness". Trichomes, leaves/color, cola density, days of flower are all good measures, but proof is in the puff. If I feel like it's time, I begin flush. WW1 is real close for my tastes. She was good to me on Christmas day. Nice and heady. Keeps me motivated, focused and creative. Never gotten couch lock from WW.

ww1bud44f.png

So hear is how the unscientific "objective" tests go.

I check my girls when they wake up 8PM, and when they go to sleep, 8 AM. Every morning beginning in week 6 I start taking popcorn from their bottoms

20151129_065404.jpg

I put them here

20151228_062655.jpg

Then in rotation, I vape them, usually morning vapes. I use a dry herb vape that I love from Storz and Bickle. It is a wonderful portable vaporizer called Crafty Each morning I replace what I take to vape with fresh popcorn until my decided harvest. 1=ww1, 2=ww2, 3=ww1c

I really like the portable SCROG net contraption.

As for seed plants, expect some measure of genetic variation from each and every seed. The only way to keep a particular phenotype is to keep cloning that exact plant or clone its clones.

As for seed plants, expect some measure of genetic variation from each and every seed. The only way to keep a particular phenotype is to keep cloning that exact plant or clone its clones.

One of our :420: sponsors is Scrogco, which seems to be a similar SCRoG setup. I may have to research that after seeing JWash's.

OMG! I have to say, " Holy Shight!" Those are Some AMAZING W W. I was just browsing Journals & am also Growing the same Strain. I have to admit I was Worried about Yield & Health. Those Gorgeous Girlz Look Incredible. You have removed any doubt I had about this Strain & I hope to see the Finished Product of your hard work. I'm sure from what I've seen you'll do very well indeed. Good Job & feel free to check into my journal as well. I accept any feedback. I wish I could say what is up with your different looking Widows. My 4 Are All alike. I cannot say either way about yours. I just know they Both look Promising to be sure. :Namaste: :Namaste:

Originally Posted by DRM Ranch

Thanks so much Ranch! A friend gave the portable ScrOGs to me. He says they will be available commercially soon.

Unfortunately, I am not in a position to maintain a mother plant or I would. Both WW1 and WW2 are candidates in their own rights for that. Due to my schedule I am lucky to get one grow a year, so it is always from seed. So little space and so little time for my passion hobby :(. Since I ScrOG everything I grow, I can only grow 2 plants in my space and this is the first time I have grown 2 WW side by side. It is an interesting "experiment". Both are a very heady high, sort of different. They smell different (both earthy but ww2 has a spicy overtone), taste similar (yet different) and as you can see they look different. At this point I feel confident they are both WW and love them both.

The girls got their trichome check this morning and WW1 is about 10% amber, WW2 about 15% and WW1c is 20%. WW1c starts flush tomorrow. Unfortunately there is only one nice bud left due to my "lab samplings" :volcano-smiley:

One of our :420: sponsors is Scrogco, which seems to be a similar SCRoG setup. I may have to research that after seeing JWash's.

Hi JW,

Your plant and SCRoG contraption are an inspiration to us newbies. You've done a great job, I'm glad the samples are proving effective.

Cheers

Thank you so much! This is only my 5th grow and first with a portable ScrOG. I will NEVER build a DIY ScrOG again...
Don't give up...keep trying to improve...utilize advanced growing techniques...

Wish I had a bigger space. I would get more of them. I love the way I can turn them on their casters to keep the girls well groomed.

20151216_074753.jpg

OMG! I have to say, " Holy Shight!" Those are Some AMAZING W W. I was just browsing Journals & am also Growing the same Strain. I have to admit I was Worried about Yield & Health. Those Gorgeous Girlz Look Incredible. You have removed any doubt I had about this Strain & I hope to see the Finished Product of your hard work. I'm sure from what I've seen you'll do very well indeed. Good Job & feel free to check into my journal as well. I accept any feedback. I wish I could say what is up with your different looking Widows. My 4 Are All alike. I cannot say either way about yours. I just know they Both look Promising to be sure. :Namaste: :Namaste:

WW is my favorite strain, not a huge yielder but WW1 might be an exception. WW quality has never let me down. These are the densest colas I have ever had. I was thinking about entering them in a :420: contest, but not quite sure how to go about entering. Advice is appreciated.

Provide a link to your journal and I will take a look.

Wow. DWC sure is a finnicky bitch of a system to grow with, but when it works, it WORKS!
Nice growing, keep it going.
Baby arm`s width main stalk, nice for monster bud harvest

Vlad

Wow. DWC sure is a finnicky bitch of a system to grow with, but when it works, it WORKS!
Nice growing, keep it going.
Baby arm`s width main stalk, nice for monster bud harvest

Vlad

Thanks so much Vlad. I have grown all 5 of my grows with DWC. Not sure if I could do it any other way. All my education came from growers here, at my local hydro store and other grower sites.

I can't get over these I have a couple old school Grower/Buddies whom are NOT easily Impressed Nor do they Normally go for any kind of New TECH. I'm pretty sure @ least 1 of em is probably online right NOW shopping for the Gear U have here. The Other is to stuck in his ways & I have to give him his Due as the Man can Really Grow some AMAZING Bud. Another thing is the Bastage won't part with his Cure Tech which is PRIMO (I have 2 admit) the Old Schoolers Know They Shight. Keep On Growing Brother I look forward to some of your coming Journals. Have A Heavy Harvest.

Sincerely: Don

I can't get over these I have a couple old school Grower/Buddies whom are NOT easily Impressed Nor do they Normally go for any kind of New TECH. I'm pretty sure @ least 1 of em is probably online right NOW shopping for the Gear U have here. The Other is to stuck in his ways & I have to give him his Due as the Man can Really Grow some AMAZING Bud. Another thing is the Bastage won't part with his Cure Tech which is PRIMO (I have 2 admit) the Old Schoolers Know They Shight. Keep On Growing Brother I look forward to some of your coming Journals. Have A Heavy Harvest.

Sincerely: Don

Thanks so much Don

My methods are not unique. We just like the portability and adjustability of this ScrOG. Plants just do better when you have better access and give them individual care. This system makes me a better gardener, that's all... right tools for the job!

Here is day 49f for my girls

One big happy family

20151230_201418-1.jpg

WW1

20151230_075854-1.jpg

WW1 close up

20151230_080304-11.jpg

WW1 canopy

20151230_0754371.jpg

WW2

20151230_080659-1.jpg

I did not get a close up of WW2 or any pics of ww1c. They wake up in a few minutes and I will add them.

WW2 close up

20151230_204502-1-1.jpg

WW1c (sorry for the blurry shot)

20151230_203853-1.jpg

I went in and took another shot, now they are sunbathing
WW1c

20151230_214614-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom