TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/HPS

Re: TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/

Just a small update on the babies. We ended up with 12/12. Two of them were slow starters. About a day or so apart, 2/3 days behind the other girls. The last one to pop up is so dinky. She's tiny! I have big dreams for her though!

I transplanted the babies into their new home for the next few weeks, 1l fabric pots. I placed a layer of clay pebbles on the bottom of each pot, about 1.5./2 inches deep. I used the same brand of coco I had used before, Bio Bizz. I thought it was pretty decent stuff. I sprinkled Great White Mycorrhizae all over each rapid rooter and into the pot where I was planting them.

I gave them their first proper feed with some nutrients today as follows.

Starting with 12 litres R/O water 0 ppm

Bio Green X-Force Silica - 1ml
Plant Magic Magne/Cal - 8ml 0.3 EC
Advanced Nutrients PH perfect Micro, Grow & Bloom - 12ml each 0.9 EC
Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice - 2ml litre
House & Garden Roots Excelurator - 0.3ml litre
Hesi Super Vit - 1 drop 4 litres

Final PH 5.8 EC 0.9

Here's a couple of photos I snapped feeding.

420-magazine-mobile1454582480.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1908774217.jpg
Those pots sure look bigger than 1 L ? You're on your way bud !! Wish I had excess to R/O water. At the moment my tap water is 100-130ppm, but sometimes it raises to 250ppm. When that happens, i cut back on the cal/mag. we'll be here rooting for you and learning .:morenutes:

Re: TerpKing - Third Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/

Those pots sure look bigger than 1 L ? You're on your way bud !! Wish I had excess to R/O water. At the moment my tap water is 100-130ppm, but sometimes it raises to 250ppm. When that happens, i cut back on the cal/mag. we'll be here rooting for you and learning .:morenutes:

They defintley 1l buddy, they even say it on the side ;). Defintley on the way, exciting times. Im hoping I got some good genetics in these seed so I can keep a couple of mothers, gonna take some clones before they get flowered. Yeah R/O water is great, have you thought about getting a filter instead of purchasing it? I'd be happy if my water was between 100-130 ppm, that's lush. Mine is always between 240-300ish ppm. Thanks SP, glad to have you here. How are your babies doing?

420-magazine-mobile2055113992.jpg

Nice setup TK. Sorry if i missed it but did you happen to give a smoke report on that last run of Holy grail kush? Its on my bucket list. Must have been good since you are doing it again i reckon. That great white is some good stuff, i just keep forgetting to sprinkle it on the roots when i transplant lol. Very nice journal you got goin here :passitleft:

Nice setup TK. Sorry if i missed it but did you happen to give a smoke report on that last run of Holy grail kush? Its on my bucket list. Must have been good since you are doing it again i reckon. That great white is some good stuff, i just keep forgetting to sprinkle it on the roots when i transplant lol. Very nice journal you got goin here :passitleft:

Hey pal, thank you very much. My set up is starting to come together nicely now. I just wish I had more space.

You know what...? My bad, I actually think I completely forgot to do a smoke report for the last batch. I've been stoned off my nut for the last 6 weeks, haha! It's been curing for 66 days now(roughly 9 weeks), after the 8 days drying. I can tell you with out a doubt, this strain is F**KING AWESOME!!

I didn't actually smoke any untill it had cured for a good three weeks or so. I was pretty bloody patient. This stuff absolutley stunk when it was growing. The smell was incredible. Very piny, musky and pungent. But also at the same time you can smell some sweetness there. This stuff absolutley reaked whilst growing.

This stuff has been getting better and better the more it's cured. Getting some lovely white ash when it's smoked, the taste is unreal. I LOVE kush so much, haha!! The taste is very sweet n piney mixed with a woody, musky, earthy sort of aftertaste. The taste is very moorish and smooth, gets me absolutely baked!

I can defintley recommend growing this strain pal. It yields pretty well. There are a few different phenos to choose from with slightly different tastes, smells and bud formations. This strain is absolutely dank, it's defintley the reason why I'm growing it again. I'm hoping to pick the 10 best girls from this lot and flower them. I plan on numbering them all from 1-10 and taking clones a week before I flip to flower. I'm hoping to isolate one or two great phenos, which really stand out from this bunch and keep them as mothers.

Yeah great white is an absolute must for me. My root base has been amazing using this stuff. I make sure I always give a very generous coating of this stuff when I transplant. Try not to forget next time ;). You won't regret it. Thanks, appreciate the kind words and welcome to my journal BTW :)! I'll do my best to keep it nice.

All the best on this new adventure terp .
Thanks dandare, appreciate it. Welcome to the journal, hope you enjoy the journey :)!

Update time 30/07/17

Its been 9 days since I transplanted the babies and they're really starting to take off now. Some of them were starting to show signs of a slight nutrient deficiency just before transplant. Totally my fault. I was a couple of days slow on getting them transplanted and on to their first lot of nutrients. Looking good now though, luckily only a few plants leaves were affected so no biggie.

I mixed up a fresh batch of nutrients this week as follows:

Starting with 12 litres R/O water 0 ppm

Bio Green X-Force Silica - 1.5 ml
Plant Magic Magne/Cal - 8ml 0.3 EC
Advanced Nutrients PH perfect Micro, Grow & Bloom - 18ml each 1.0 EC
Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice - 2ml litre
House & Garden Roots Excelurator - 0.3ml litre
Hesi Super Vit - 1 drop 4 litres

Final PH 5.8 EC 1.0

Once a week on a Monday at lights off I will give the babies a misting of Plant Magic Evolution.

I took out the T5 yesterday and replaced it with a 315w D-Pappillon and a 600w MH dimmed down to 400w. Once plants have had a few days to get used to the new brighter lights I will begin training.

I will label all the babies from 1/12 so I can keep track of them. I'm going to LST some of the smaller plants and top some of the larger plants to slow them down a tad. I plan on picking the best 10 to flower. I will take clones a week before I flip so I can isolate one or two plants I really like from this bunch and keep them as mothers. Fingers crossed we have a couple of nice phenos to choose from.

Here's a couple of photos.

420-magazine-mobile1907141493.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1715697345.jpg
420-magazine-mobile288878765.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1215097889.jpg

Plants are looks excellent tk!!
Thanks BF, appreciate it. I love them when they're diddy, going to train me some beasts ;)!

I'm going to flower 10 with a scrog in there BF. I manged to free up some extra space now where I had the fan and oil radiators before. So going to fill it with more plants lol. I am hoping to get at least 1/1.2 kg. I reckon once I've got the correct phenos from this bunch it may even be able to get more. A couple of the plants I had last time yielded far better and bigger than the others.

I was going to use 20l smart pots again like I did before and it would max me out for space squeezing 10 in. I could buy smaller fabric pots, maybe like 16l ones and flower all 12 just in smaller pots. I'll have to have a think. I'd hate to think I may be throwing out a great pheno lol!

I'm going to flower 10 with a scrog in there BF. I manged to free up some extra space now where I had the fan and oil radiators before. So going to fill it with more plants lol. I am hoping to get at least 1/1.2 kg. I reckon once I've got the correct phenos from this bunch it may even be able to get more. A couple of the plants I had last time yielded far better and bigger than the others.

I was going to use 20l smart pots again like I did before and it would max me out for space squeezing 10 in. I could buy smaller fabric pots, maybe like 16l ones and flower all 12 just in smaller pots. I'll have to have a think. I'd hate to think I may be throwing out a great pheno lol!
Looking good bro, what type of phen you going to be looking for?

Looking good bro, what type of phen you going to be looking for?
Thanks pal, I think the pheno I'm looking for is more the OG18 side of things. Couple of the plants I had last time gave out awesomely rock hard dense buds with very nice bud formation. they also stayed nice and low. I had a couple of the more sativa ones too and the plants were much taller, much less dense buds and the bud formations were not as tight. Hopefully I'm gonna get a nice selection with these seeds and I can pick a couple to keep as mothers.

I'm here in the background mate following along looks good so far
Are you setting these up on a drip system agen
Hey hey Scooby, how's it going pal? Long time no speak :)! Thanks pal things have been going great until Monday, haha. I've run into a few issues with the girls. I haven't been able to get them to pick back up just yet. I'm going to stick some photos up just now, see what you think? How have your grows been going pal? Definitely will be setting them back up on the drip system for sure pal.

Update time 04/08/17

Need to ask you guys for a few tips, I've run into a bit of a problem with the girls and haven't managed to be able to get them to recover since Monday.

I fed the girls 150ml of nutrients each Monday night as pots were feeling a bit dry and light, so I decided to up it from the 100ml I was feeding before. I didn't check the plants anymore that night and when I checked them in the morning most of the plants were drooping. I believe they're showing me signs of over watering from how the droop looks, it's been the same droop since.

I then decided I will leave the pots to dry out more and the plants seemed to pick up a tiny bit, but not much. Once the pots started to feel light and dry I knew I had to add some more nutrients as didn't want the coco to fully dry out as it was already getting there. It was Tuesday early morning by this time so I went with 100ml this time. When I checked the girls before lights off 4 or 5 hours later they were all droopy again.

I didn't water them anymore till Wednesday morning when pots felt dry again. This time I decided I would try feeding 2 or 3 small feeds a day instead of the one bigger feed. As I thought they mite not be liking all their feed in one go.
I decided to feed 50ml half hour after lights on at 18:30. Another 50ml at 02:30. Another 50ml at 10:00 before lights off at 12:00.

It's now Friday morning and I still haven't managed to get them to pick back up, hoping someones got some ideas as to why the girls aren't to happy atmo. I see people drowning their coco plants with run off at this stage so bit confused why mine are showing sings of over watering, I didn't have this problem last time.

I'm feeding same batch of nutrients I mixed up last week. I've been keeping the the lights on temps between 24.5c/26.5c lights off temps have been between 20c/22.5c. Humidity has been kept between 50%/60% lights on and off. Lights are about 14 inches above the plants. Hoping to get them to pick up soon as I wanted to start training them on Tuesday but I don't think I should do anything to them whilst they look like this.

Thanks guys
TK

Here some photos

420-magazine-mobile1775518210.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1580295846.jpg
420-magazine-mobile163671312.jpg
420-magazine-mobile462707456.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1571141530.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1221387811.jpg
420-magazine-mobile36990813.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1597040791.jpg

Defiantly over watering as the stems are sticking up but leaving dropping let em dry bit more before watering give the roots something to go looking for
If your going to set up a drip system agen I'd advise against big pots because they take to long to dry if you use smaller pots you can give more feeds throughout the day as the roots fill the pots
I've seen a 8oz plant out of a 6ltr pot with multi feed I can put you onto a long but good read about multi feeding if ya want

Ye it's a bug course I'm still growing although it's a joke these days trying to sell it I think every other person I know grows lol
Ile chuck up a few grows in next couple weeks if ya like

Defiantly over watering as the stems are sticking up but leaving dropping let em dry bit more before watering give the roots something to go looking for
If your going to set up a drip system agen I'd advise against big pots because they take to long to dry if you use smaller pots you can give more feeds throughout the day as the roots fill the pots
I've seen a 8oz plant out of a 6ltr pot with multi feed I can put you onto a long but good read about multi feeding if ya want

Ye it's a bug course I'm still growing although it's a joke these days trying to sell it I think every other person I know grows lol
Ile chuck up a few grows in next couple weeks if ya like

Thanks Scooby, I was pretty bloody certain it was that. Maybe I'm not letting the coco dry enough but the first cm or so on top has been getting really dry. It's since I gave them 150ml in one go on Monday and they haven't fully bounced back. Think it will be a problem to really let the coco dry untill they show signs of recovery before I water again and the pots feel super light?

Yeah funnily enough I thought about trying slightly smaller pots to save space inside the tent and maybe flower all 12. I want to clone them before I flip and pick a couple of the best to be mothers. I was thinking prob the 12l/16l fabric pots. I had them on 3 feeds a day before and they were drinking about 2.5l a day at full swing with the 20l pots to keep them moist but I know what you mean, it would take much longer to dry than smaller pots. The roots really did pack out them 20l ones last time. Definitely sort me the reading material pal. Are we talking more than 3 feeds a day with smaller pots, I've seen some people doing up to 5 during lights on.

Defintley man, be good to see what you got going on :)?

I water my coco daily. Have you seen some of ledrf videos?
He grows a little different from cult but both have great advice. I like to use a little of both of their growing styles

I personally give them a splash of water and i dont get a lot of runoff early on if any. Its just to refresh the nutes, fix any ph fluctuations, and add some oxygen back into the coco. Its not exact. Sometimes i dont get runoff sometimes I put enough that it just starts dripping out at the most. Once they have a good root system is when i drain to waste with greater amounts of runoff multiple time a day. But thats when the roots are ready. You will notice a splash will not be enough to keep the coco moist and will have to give larger more frequent waterings. The plant will tell you what she wants. They definitely dont like to be overwatered in the beginning but yiur good once the roots fill the pot.

It would be a big help to get your pots elevated over the runoff saucer. Even if you empty the saucer the pot should be elevated so it can continue to drip into the saucer if needed. The bottom will stay sopping wet if its sitting on the saucer.

Back
Top Bottom