ThatOneGuyy's First Lemon Skunk Indoor Grow

My reasoning for not going straight to my 3 gallon pots is that they wont fit in my clone room under my T5 fluoro. I would have had to put them into the main Veg/Flower part of my closet under my MH lamp and I think that might be too intense for them, at least right now.

Anyways, here are some update photos.
IMG_009616.jpg

Here's the quickest grower of the 4. She is about 3" tall
IMG_009713.jpg

this one is in close second
IMG_009815.jpg

This one is the slowest of the 4 but is by far the greenest
IMG_009915.jpg

This is the one that i started a few days after finding one of my plants broken
IMG_010015.jpg

The soil is as i said before, roughly 60% foxfarm potting soil and 40% MiracleGro perlite.

I should have taken a pic of the starter plugs to show root growth but i forgot and i was in a rush. Massive root system on all of them which i was happy to see.

That's all I got for now :thumb: :peacetwo:

you could prolly give them a 1/4 strength of the red thrive alive and the sugardaddy, that will help it with any stress and help perk'em up, it should also help the yellowing..other then that they look good so far.. :thumb:

Im gonna give it 48 hours before i do a 1/4 strength mix Gonna let the soil dry a bit and let them establish.

Im getting so impatient though. I see all these awesome journals with these bushy girls. I totally cant wait till mine look like that !

well one major thing you need with this hobby is patience, cause trust me i have none, and have definitely learned how to have them, specially when it comes time to flower and the end of flowering is the worse, cause all you wanna do is chop and smoke, this grow that im on now will be the first grow that i wait until their completely done, shit my first plant that i grew outside,dont have a journal of it but the people that live in my house were all gettin paranoid cause it was gettin to tall and it was smellin real stong so i had to chop it, i was sooo mad cause it was no where near bein done, but shit i still got a nice harvest off of it, but yea you will definitely have to learn to have them, and your rite, just wait a couple days before givin them the nutes, i wasn't thinkin that you prolly watered them when you transplanted, but yea just wait until they dry out, i've been watering and feeding every 3 days, it might take you a while to gettin use to but sooner or later you'll get it... i wish i had that dome you got, i dont know what im gonna use to try and put these clones in, i think i might use a big plastic tub and rig somethin together, and yea its about time you make it over to my grow...if you take a look at my first grow, you can see how the females turned out, plus i've been using the kit through all my grows so far, and you can take a look at my second grow and see how males turn out, i mean if you got the time go ahead and check it out and let me know what you think, my first grow had tons and tons of info in it.. :tokin:

Yeah, I have been going through your journals and getting reference points from them.:thumb:

If you have a local Hyrdo shop near you, you should check for a dome. the one i got was like 6 bucks and they gave it to me for like 5 bucks so its not like it will break the bank.

shit if i even had bank lol, rite now shit is real tight, with school startin, and bein in middle of lookin for a job, so im kinda tight on cash, but im hopein next week i can hopefully make a couple dollars and then i can go get one along with some soil, thats why im kinda holdin out on takin clones and puttin them into flower, cause im not tryna put them in flower now and then when i do get the stuff im gonna have to try and revert the clones back to veg since they'll already be in flower, so hopefully shit works out and i can take clones so i dont have to germinate seeds anymore, i pretty sure its called a perpetual grow, where you take clones from the mother plant then just keep takin clones before everytime you go to flower, and just keep growin them out, that way you dont have to worry about getting males anymore, so i think im gonna go aheadf and give it a try.. Also last night i went ahead and chopped the top off of a male plant to see what happens, and this morning its still alive and lookin healthy, and topped it rite over top of where a couple tops are so i think im gonna go ahead and grow it outside and when its done try to get some pollen off of it and experiment with that alittle bit.. oh and thanks for the :thumb: on the journals, glad they could help you out alittle!!!! :tokin:

So two days after transplanting, they seem to be doing great. Yellowing and tip browning is pretty much receding and plenty of new leaves on all of my girls are coming in quick. They don't seem stressed at all.

I'm going to wait 1 more day before i feed for the first time. I will be using a 1/4 stength combo of Sugar daddy and Root 66.

Here are a few update pics.

My lovelys enjoying some light:
08_29_all_4.jpg

#1 with new leaves and a less brown tip than before:
08_29_1.jpg

#2 looking just as healthy:
08_29_2.jpg

#3 No problems apparent at this time. Looking green and happy:
08_29_3.jpg

#4 The youngest but trying to catch up to the others
08_29_4.jpg

All of them are between 2-3" in height. That is 2 weeks into my grow. (12 days from sprout to now. 2 days spent on germinating. 14 days total)

Im not too sure if thats slow or fast. If someone can point that out for me it would be greatly appreciated. :peacetwo::lot-o-toke:

shit if i even had bank lol, rite now shit is real tight, with school startin, and bein in middle of lookin for a job, so im kinda tight on cash, but im hopein next week i can hopefully make a couple dollars and then i can go get one along with some soil, thats why im kinda holdin out on takin clones and puttin them into flower, cause im not tryna put them in flower now and then when i do get the stuff im gonna have to try and revert the clones back to veg since they'll already be in flower, so hopefully shit works out and i can take clones so i dont have to germinate seeds anymore, i pretty sure its called a perpetual grow, where you take clones from the mother plant then just keep takin clones before everytime you go to flower, and just keep growin them out, that way you dont have to worry about getting males anymore, so i think im gonna go aheadf and give it a try.. Also last night i went ahead and chopped the top off of a male plant to see what happens, and this morning its still alive and lookin healthy, and topped it rite over top of where a couple tops are so i think im gonna go ahead and grow it outside and when its done try to get some pollen off of it and experiment with that alittle bit.. oh and thanks for the :thumb: on the journals, glad they could help you out alittle!!!! :tokin:

Yeah, I feel ya. I'm in debt just setting up my room. Im sure i could have done a super budget grow but everytime i do something(be it music or games.) I like to have a good start with the right gear to get the job done.

I've spent more on this adventure in 1 month than i have spent on myself in 1 year! :laughtwo::laughtwo:

I've heard it isn't the best idea to take clippings froma flowering female. it spends time trying to repair itself so less bud and doesnt reverting a plant from flower to veg stress the crap out of it? Of course if im wrong feel free to correct me. I can use all the information I can. Best of luck to you.:goodluck:

Your journals have helped plenty Considering you use the same nutrient pack as I. seeing seeing results reassures me that i didn't waste my money on it. it was a cheap starter that wasn't gonna hurt my wallet:tokin::tokin:

matter affact im subbed to a grow, where this guy puts his plants into flower and when he finds out what they are he takes clones, even after they started buddin and everything, and he reverts them back to veg, its crazy as shit, when i get back from what im doin i'll send you the link so you can see for yourself, i also just got done postin pics, if you got a minute take a look and let me know what you think, i tried the rootech cloning gel, but so far their lookin good, no droopin or nothin.. well im outta here i'll be back later.. peace out.:tokin:

Hey, just a quick update and a question.

I fed my plants yesterday a diluted mix of nutes last night and my plants seem to be taking to them pretty nicely. The main leaves are looking nice dark green on all 4 of them however I'm seeing a problem with #2.

Question: Do the small seedling leaves(first round ones that stretch out of the seed) eventually brown and fall off?

I have had a yellowing problem in those starter leaves on #1 and #2 since they sprouted. I think I read somewhere that those leaves arent that important but i REALLY would like some confirmation on this. I know not many are following this journal but if someone more experienced can answer my question, i would greatly appreciate it.

Pic update will come later tonight.:peacetwo::tokin:

Pic Update: So here are a few new pics of how they are coming along.

Group Shot:
2011-08-31_13-59-56_837.jpg

#1 new leaves looking healthy. Overall Growing nicelym No new yellowing:
2011-08-31_14-01-18_631.jpg

#2 This one is the one im having problems with. All the new leaves(First set of fan leaves i believe) are looking very nice and healthy but the leaves that first come out during sprout are browning pretty heavily.
2011-08-31_14-01-47_452.jpg

2011-08-31_14-02-59_482.jpg

#3 looks the best out of all of the four. very nice color. Having high hopes for this one. If all goes well i may turn this one into a mother and clone it.
2011-08-31_14-03-23_772.jpg

#4 Still catching up and a few steps behind but overall looking nice
2011-08-31_14-03-44_16.jpg

So if someone can please possibly point out the problem I am having with #2 i would greatly appreciate it...

lol its cool, you dont have to worry about them leaves, their gonna die and fall off anyway, i eventually just pull them off, their nothin you have to worry about, the other ones will die and fall off too, your alright!!! and with the nutes, just keep an eye on them over the next couple of days, if nothin happens keep doin what your doin, but if they start to yellow or start to look like somethins happening back off the nutes, you wont notice anything rite away, it will take a day or two for the nutes to kick in, so yea just keep an eye on them, other then that they look damn good, im suprised cause most first time growers that i see on here end up doin somethin and they start to mess shit up in the beginning, im not gonna lie i still mess up, im just not gettin shit down to a T, took me awhile but i got it, but like people tell me, "if it works for you, and it works for the plant, then stick to it", but like i said you doin a damn good job!!! :thumb:

Haha thanks Suka!:thanks: I've done alot of research before i started and i watch them carefully. I actually have a lot of notes and i monitor everything. I dont know if its cause im new but no one seems interested in this grow. Did i forget to mention something?

A quick update:

Seems like the plants took quite well to the nutrients I gave them. next feeding I will be using 1/2 strength.

I also lowered my lights. Thought it would help my hungry children.

The seedling leaves on #1 are now browning like #2 i hope this is a good sign to show that my plants are doing great! Kinda like taking training wheels off your first bike.

Overall, all the plants are dark green and looking healthy. No yellowing or yellowing veins whatsoever.

I will be updating with pics in the next few days or so. :peacetwo:for now.:bong:

i would stick with a 1/4 strength for another feeding or two, just until they get alittle bigger, you dont wanna give them too much to soon..and you can forget about them little leaves, their gonna fall off no matter what you do, it just happens.. other then that you good...

The seeds im growing are from Marijuana-seeds. thats the Dot NL site. I tried putting it up but it seems blocked cause it was censored.

Im not sure what the reason but I didn't want get in trouble by saying it. I've read numerous complaints about them being a scam but from the way that these are growing I'd say they are pretty good. They also gave me some Sensi Kush and I will most likely start these when my others go into flower. :tokin::tokin:

yea shit they look good to me, i was lookin at the single seed company or whatever the name is, they got all kinds of deals, and cheap at that too, i just dont have the credit card to purchase them..

Back
Top Bottom