1st Grow, Indoors, 600W HID, Gold Leaf, Coco Blend

Drogon

Hello All,

I'm here to add to the 1st time growers list! After much lurking on this site and others, I have decided to pull the trigger on my indoor grow. I have all the equipment I need but I have not set up the grow environment yet, as I am waiting for my roommate to move out at the end of the month.

What strain is it? Gold Leaf (420 Seeds)

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 40/60 Indica dominant

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg? Seeds are still popping!

If in Veg... For how long? A few hours

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? Coco + Perlite

If soil... What size pot? 5 Gallon

Size of light? 600W MH/HPS

Is it aircooled? Yes

Temp of Room/cab? Hasn't been built yet

Size of Room? 4 x 4

RH of Room/cab? TBA

PH of media or res? TBA

Any Pests ? Not yet! (knock on wood)

How often are you watering? TBA

Type and strength of ferts us? GenHydro 3 part hydro nutrients + Cal-Mag

I welcome any and all feedback, I look forward to learning from all of you!

Day 1:

Soaked seeds and rapid rooters in distilled water for a few hours. After that I dropped the seeds in (pointy end up) with a pair of tweezers.

IMG_054545.JPG

Dropped the rapid rooters into a holding tray and affixed the lid. For the first day, humidity was high, around 70-80 percent. After reading online about the possibility of mold at such high RH, I decided to crack the lid and aim for 50 percent RH.

IMG_054845.JPG

Day 4:

First signs of successful germination! After spraying my rapid rooters with distilled water a couple times a day

IMG_055945.jpg

IMG_056247.JPG

I plan on transplanting to a solo cup with my coco blend as soon as I set my tent up this weekend.

I will provide more updates as I have them!

Thanks for joining me! :blunt:

Can anyone help? Is this too much stretching for a seedling? Do I need to lower the light?

The CFL's are 2700K only 14w

IMG_057139.JPG

IMG_057343.JPG

Update here. Got the tent up and running. I'm finding it difficult to keep humidity high even with the fan turned down and a humidifier inside the tent, its in the 40-50% range. However, the plants don't look stressed out to me. Does anyone know a way to raise the humidity in there? Between now and my first post, I have transferred the seedlings to solo cups and gave their first watering with nutrients on day 11. I'm kicking myself now because I realize it was probably too late.

Tent set up
IMG_060646.JPG

Before first nutes
IMG_059745.JPG

After first nutes
IMG_060942.JPG

Day 13

More Growth! Do they look healthy to you? They look healthy to me, I'm just wondering if someone with a bit more experience sees anything wrong here.

IMG_0616_-_Copy1.JPG
IMG_0617_-_Copy1.JPG
IMG_0618_-_Copy.JPG

I've heard of people hanging wet towels, putting water on the floor or even spraying the plants with water or foiler sprays. I don't think you rh is that low though. I've never done any of ithe above aside from the runoff I don't vacuum. I worry of mold. Everything is looking great though!

I'm trying the towel trick and that seems to be adding about 10% humidity. Thanks!

Transplanted the gals into 2 gallon fabric pots 2 days ago. They seemed pretty sad yesterday but look better (not 100% yet) today as you can see in the photos. There seems to be some sort of leaf curling issue with one of the seedlings. This one plant has been
problematic from the beginning. From seed this plant was about 3-4 days late to germinate while the other 4 all popped within 24 hours of each other. If you look at the first set of leaves on the bottom right you can see 2 brown spots that have been present since that leaf formed. Not worried too much though as the rest look good! Any advice regarding thios would be awesome! Thanks

3AD0539A-8952-4015-8472-C5534C1CF06E_-_Copy.JPG
Image-3_-_Copy.jpeg
Image-4_-_Copy.jpeg
Image-1_-_Copy.jpeg

Day 18 Update

Im having trouble finding an optimal distance for my light. I feel like the plant in the middle is a lighter color than the rest, which would indicate light bleaching right? But when I raise the light, the plants around the edges seem to reach for the light. Ive settled for 15 in away for now. Anyway, here are some photos and close ups! I really want to try FIMing one of them. Is now the right time, or am I too late?

IMG_0668_-_Copy1.JPG
IMG_0667_-_Copy1.JPG
IMG_0666_-_Copy1.JPG
IMG_0665_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0664_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0663_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0662_-_Copy1.JPG
IMG_0661_-_Copy1.JPG

Femming or topping most do after the 4th or 5th set of leaves I like to do it 3rd or 4th set. An ur plants r still young so don't put ur light to close yet. A 600w usually covers a 3.5x3.5 floor space if I remember correctly. U will always have more light directly under the lamp. I run s 1000w in same size tent an it's about 15-16 inches off the top of my plants but I also use a cool hood which helps to lower the light closer to the plants. But ur plants look great so I wouldn't worry to much about it :)

Femming or topping most do after the 4th or 5th set of leaves I like to do it 3rd or 4th set. An ur plants r still young so don't put ur light to close yet. A 600w usually covers a 3.5x3.5 floor space if I remember correctly. U will always have more light directly under the lamp. I run s 1000w in same size tent an it's about 15-16 inches off the top of my plants but I also use a cool hood which helps to lower the light closer to the plants. But ur plants look great so I wouldn't worry to much about it :)

Thanks for the reply! I have an air cooled hood as well, I've just been doing the hand test to make sure they aren't hot. Makes me feel better that someone is at the same distance with a higher wattage light. :)

Lots of update today!

Tried FIMing two of the plants with two different methods I read about online

IMG_0675_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0678_-_Copy.JPG

After a few days. I think the recovery is faster with the method I used in the photo below

IMG_0685_-_Copy.JPG

Built a dripper system for the plants. Feeding 3 times a day. Reservoir has two air-stones for oxygenation and a pump at the bottom circulating the water and nutrients. Main pump connects to a 6 way drip manifold, 5 of those are hooked up to the dripper stakes in the pots and 1 is going to waste. I plan on plugging it.

IMG_0694_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0695_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0696_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0697_-_Copy.JPG

And last but not least, I began some LST. I hope I wasn't too aggressive with my method, can anyone offer some advice about this?

IMG_0693_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0691_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0690_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0689_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0692_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0688_-_Copy.JPG

13 days into flower -

I had to remove one plant because I was running out of space. The one in the back right corner has so many good looking tops, and I'm starting to see the start of buds!

IMG_082352.JPG
IMG_083132.JPG
IMG_082737.JPG
IMG_083039.JPG

So I got lazy with this journal half way through. Here I am to finish it up! About 6 weeks into flower PM reared its ugly head. I tried spraying the leaves with sns 244 organocide, and removed the worst ones. In the end I chopped the plant a week and a few days short of 9 weeks flower. Final yield was around 12 ounces with the sugar leaves and popcorn included. Here are some pics in chronological order.

420-magazine-mobile1775871601.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1617482132.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1223919510.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2031987830.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1191425464.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom