ThatOneGuyy's First Lemon Skunk Indoor Grow

IMG_15838.JPG
IMG_15803.JPG

All in all I think I did pretty damn good for my first grow. If you like my plants, I did enter the POTM contest so if you like my girls(Especially the one I just chopped) head over and vote! If you see one that you like better than mine, well vote for that. There are some amazing growers out there and they show it in the contest section so head on over and vote. I thank all of you that have been around helping me through this entire grow. I dedicate it to EVERYONE that has been following along and motivating me with your words. I strive to be a better grower and with you guys and this community behind me, I'm sure on the right track. I will put some more picks up and I will do a pic update sometime this week (maybe Friday)

That's is it for now.

:peacetwo: And Stay Medicated.:lot-o-toke: ToG
[/QUOTE]

good trim job on the buds...was that your first and final trim...or do you trim again before you jar up?????

Great job, Brother! :bravo:

Congrat's on your first harvest! You're a grower, now! :high-five:

Thanks Mr.K!:Namaste: It feels great to finally be able to say"Yeah I harvest my own bud" It was tedious work but very satisfying when I was finally finished.

those buds are fresh man! cant wait to hear a smoke report, how much you thinking the dry weight gonna be?

Stay tuned my friend! I have a few more harvests to take care of. (#2 Lemon Skunk and My Lemon Skunk Clones)

Honestly I don't know about dry weight. I predict at least 10-13g from the main colas so at least 2oz . Maybe 2-3oz if I am lucky 4oz. But really I have never owned that much bud before so it is really exciting. The girls are quite dense.

IMG_15838.JPG
IMG_15803.JPG

good trim job on the buds...was that your first and final trim...or do you trim again before you jar up?????

I will most likely to a quick once over once I seperate the Bud from the main stalks. I will clear away excess leaf and will add it to my trim Jar.

I have about a month or so before I harvest my little clones and those will be used for nothing but Hash/Edibles. I will most likely have a couple oz of trim from all my lemon Skunk. We will see where I go from here. :thumb:

Mannnn...that hash...i roll a thin line of hash the same length of blunt or j...roll it up with some med...i bet...all you hard core ..high tollerence smokers..cant do a whole J/bl...:blunt::smokin::loopy:

Haha! Dude, I bet even with a small piece of Bubble Hash will knock me on my ass. I smoke 1-2 weekly most so my tolerance is still pretty low. Even though I don't need them I breaks for a couple weeks at a time.

Mini Update: So today is pretty humid and I am a bit worried about moldy bud. I most likely wont have that problem though. I bought a little dehumidifier for my box and it has plenty of ventilation so I will most likely be fine. #2 is killing off some of her leaves at a rapid pace so I am just gonna wait till some hairs disappear before I harvest, which will most likely be next week.

The clones are doing fine. I had to pick off some small pollen sacks off #1.1 and she has a few seeds but nothing dramatic. The other clones are losing some of their leaves and they are all turning purple. Lemon Skunk seems to react to the cold. I am not complaining. I will Update this Journal the same day I update my other one on Friday. My schedule should return to normal by next week.

:bravo:I think your looking at 2.5 to 3 oz with that plant if the buds are as heavy as they look. :welldone:

Just an awesome and inspriing job.:thumb:

Mannnn...that hash...i roll a thin line of hash the same length of blunt or j...roll it up with some med...i bet...all you hard core ..high tollerence smokers..cant do a whole J/bl...:blunt::smokin::loopy:

I'll take a modest hit, but only just one
Laying on the couch really isn't much fun
Partying is doing what I can in the sun
Sleeping is Propa when the party's done

Mini Update: So last night when I got home my flower room lights were still on! They ran for an extra two hours! I dunno what happened but I am only guessing that I bumped the "On" switch on my timer and switched if off of "Timer" I hope that extra two hours doesn't affect my girls in any way. #2 Is really going crazy on using energy in the leaves. I am going to flush tomorrow and let the soil dry until I Jar my #1 Lemon Skunk. After that, I will Harvest #2 and Clean my closet.

I still have some time before the Clones are done but when they are that will be the end of this journal. Stick around for a little longer!

Question: The day of harvest my bud was pretty dense. Now it has gone slightly soft. I am wondering if that is normal and will it tighten up during drying/curing?

I am hoping the Rh goes down in my area. They are reading outdoors at 68% ! I have a little dehumidifier in my little box so It has dropped down to about 48%.

:peacetwo: And Stay Medicated. :lot-o-toke: ToG

i have never harvested, as you can see, but i would imagine that it is normal for them to soften up and they will shrink as the moisture runs out of them,
like for example if you were to chop a plant down (as you did) and lay it down, somewhere and come back a while later and pick it up, it will be soft and flexable no mater how hard and woody it seemed when it was alive (well obviously not a tree or something) but when the roots rotted off my one plant this grow, and i found it laid over, it was really soft. that was kind of crazy lol. but yea it makes sense that your buds would feel softer now. :peace: happy thanks giving bro

Nice job on the harvest bro epic first grow!

Nugs will sofen up a little bit nothing to worrie about.
What are your drying and curing techniques ?

I found it realy good to let the soild dry out completly so there is no moisture in the soil at all then chop them down, this helps with drying them and keeps moisture levels down caps most mould problems.

Congradulations

:Namaste:

i have never harvested, as you can see, but i would imagine that it is normal for them to soften up and they will shrink as the moisture runs out of them,
like for example if you were to chop a plant down (as you did) and lay it down, somewhere and come back a while later and pick it up, it will be soft and flexable no mater how hard and woody it seemed when it was alive (well obviously not a tree or something) but when the roots rotted off my one plant this grow, and i found it laid over, it was really soft. that was kind of crazy lol. but yea it makes sense that your buds would feel softer now. :peace: happy thanks giving bro

Yeah that is what I was thinking I was just a tag worried cause this is my first harvest and all. Just wanted to ask just to reassure myself. I kept touching my nugs and It was bothering me how soft they have gotten. We all know that isn't good for trichomes but I stopped after reading all of this. Thanks for your input! :Namaste:

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :morenutes:

Very nice grow!!! Excellent results...

Thanks my friend! I have a few more plants to harvest in this journal so stick around! :thanks:

happy thanksgiving :yummy:

Happy Thanksgiving! My girl sure was in a giving mood for this holiday! Gave me all this frosty bud!! :thumb:

TOG i am excited for you! even if you got an oz of bud its gonna be so cool to say that you grew the weed that you are smoking!!!! good job brutha and good luck ahead!!

Yeah even an Oz will be great! I am almost certain that I got somewhere along the lines of 2.5oz maybe a little more. I cut a piece early and quick dried it. Even before it was ready I was so satisfied when I smoked out my friend. He gave a big ass smile and said "Damn..." I was accomplished to say the least. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! :thanks:

very nice dude!! hope you had a nice holiday :welldone:

From this harvest, it has kept me quite busy and made my Holidays wonderful! I am very proud of what I have done. :Namaste:

Happy Holidays my friend!

Nice job on the harvest bro epic first grow!

Nugs will sofen up a little bit nothing to worrie about.
What are your drying and curing techniques ?

I found it realy good to let the soild dry out completly so there is no moisture in the soil at all then chop them down, this helps with drying them and keeps moisture levels down caps most mould problems.

Congradulations

:Namaste:

Well, I let my soil dry for a few days. I would have let it gone for a little longer but family was coming over for dinner( I live at home) so I couldn't get a full pot dry before Harvest Like I initially wanted. I chopped and did a rough trim(Which before they go into jars, I will clear away any leaves that aren't necessary) I hung up to dry and in a carboard grow box I made. I have a dehumidifier in the box and there is plenty of ventilation(I added two holes which I put some extra window screen over to prevent bugs from getting in and dust)

My area has been pretty humid lately but the humidity in the box doesn't exceed 52%. The last 2 days have been 70%+ outside! I also run a Hepa filter in my room so it kills any mold spores and dust/pollen and I have an ionizer on it which further kills any type of mold.

I am going to give this one another 4 days or so of drying before I clean it up and put them into Jars. :Namaste:

Thanks for your input everyone! I really appreciate it all! :thanks:

I have one of those pocket microscope i use to check chomes...when i'm triming i check location of chomes on the piece i'm triming...they cover leaves pretty good...when dry chomes come off easy...on my final trim i trim over glass..a lot of chomes get knocked off...you can scrape them off along with your hash material...ENJOY..:thumb::bravo::welldone:

Mini Pic Update: 11/25/2011 So this Update is long overdue since I have been busy with everything, Harvest and life. I have a few things to go over since then.

#1 is hanging up still and will be until about Tuesday. I am totally excited to Jar this girl and check the total weight. So far things are looking good and it is having no issue so far(no mold) The humidity has been kinda high in my area but I have Air purification so I am not worried about mold too much.
IMG_16097.JPG

#2 possibly had a mild nutrient burn on top of natural leaf aging. Her Calyxes haven't swelled yet so I still might have about a week more. I will adjust my schedule to get the best possible smoke so she will be ready when she is ready.
IMG_16107.JPG

The Clones are doing great. They have been dealing with a bit of neglect because of how busy I have been but they toughed it out and I am back giving them some love. #1.1 is pretty small with fat buds. The #2 clones have longer buds with a fat center. Either way, they both are gonna give me some awesome smoke.
IMG_16126.JPG

All the info of how many days of flower are in the labels to show you where I am at with everything. I'm pretty medicated right now so I think I left out a bunch of stuff. So I hope everything makes sense. I will edit if I messed up anything.

Back
Top Bottom