The Answer's Hydro Revelations

BigBud13 You must have a hell of a closet guy !! I can barely get more than 3 plants in mine without it overheating and cramping them all! you'l have tp post a few pics once things get growing !! :peace:

The nice thing about this system is, you can build it however you want! I have seen many variations and they were all effective. I can tell you that the systems, that don't use sprayers, usually have higher pressure pumps. I have never had a clogged sprayer issue and I use Botanicare nutes. I like the sprayer manifold pipe on the inside, just in case you have a leak, it just recirculates back into the system. As a closet grower, that is a a big deal, NO LEAKS!! Let me know if you got any more questions and I'll be glad to help!

Nice to see you are back home Answer! I got a question. I'm using the Botanicare line up too. My PH has always been very stable in all 6 of my reservoirs. However I have two systems that are 5 or so weeks into flowering and have had the PH drop bigtime. I've flushed and tried all the tricks. I usually just add tap water to raise the PH but it still will not stay stable? I've tried PH up and within a day or two it will drop down into the 4.0-4.7 range? IS this something common once you get this far into the flowering stage? :thanks::peace::peacetwo:

Sorry for the late response brother, I have been swamped with my new job and haven't had any time for the forum. It is not common, but I have had the same thing occur to me before. Usually, it is caused by some debris(dead leaves, etc.) stuck in the roots. I have gone through flower with one plant before that kept dropping like that and adjusted it every day. It still turned out good. Good luck my friend and hopefully you already got it figured out!

Have you fully recovered from the health issues? Looking for a job yet?

Rose, my good friend, thanks for asking and yes, I have fully recovered from the chemical antibiotic onslaught(although my leg still swell from working too much)! I am still with the BBQ place I had mentioned and we just opened the store last Wed. We are really busy and I am working alot of hours(12-15 a day). That's why I have been so silent recently. I have missed my Deep Water Culture family here and hopefully will have more time once the craziness of a new store opening dies down.

Answerman. Thanx. I just found out I got leaks out the 1/2 inch pvc. going to try some silicone tonight to see if I can fix. You are right closet systems U do not want leaks. I am running 5 6ft 4inch fenceposts with 12 2inch holes per post. & a 2245 ecoplus pump in 2 57 galon rez

Sounds like a crazy setup brother!! I hope everything works out for you. I am sure you can patch it up easily.

hi guys, my pc was struck by mcafees major fuckup ! i'm on my girlfriends laptop these basterds should be hung by their balls !!! i can't get any fixes and their jammed up on the phone so im going to spend the day trying to stay high and either fix this or smash it , im leaning towards smashing it ..... :yikes: i hate laptops ! this shitty no mouse piece of crap

I know what you mean ol friend! I just got the "Security Center 2010" virus for the second time! Luckily, I knew how to kill it this time! You have no idea how many times I have come close to smashing my computer before! That was before I built my own though. I have way less problems with my home-built PC, then any name-brand I ever owned.

I harvested the Roadrunner at approximately 20% amber trichs. Overall, I am happy with the yield and quality. The buds are dry and curing for 30 days, burped daily. Initial smoke report, very pleasant heady stone and very tasty. Here are some pics.

Bubble2_217.jpg

Bubble2_228.jpg

Bubble2_244.jpg

Bubble2_240.jpg

Bubble2_251.jpg

Here is a small garden update. The two Wonder Woman and the Power Kush are huge now, after the stretch. The bud sites are starting to fill nicely, especially on the Power Kush. These pics are from three days ago, they are even bigger now.

The one WW(front) is three and half feet tall!!
Bubble2_246.jpg

WW to the left and Power Kush to the right
Bubble2_243.jpg

Bubble2_231.jpg

A bud cluster on the Power Kush.
Bubble2_241.jpg

Nice grow Answer, Those are some dank looking buds :thumb:just goes to show you don't need 5' tall monsters to get some damn good weed !!:peace:

I like to be different. No prob. with heat yet. only running a 400 watt halide temp. stays 81-84 deg. Putting the 1000 w sodium soon. Thinking I'll have temp. probs. then, but just put co2 in so I ahve heard I can run higher temps. with it. Been real busy fixing screwups on it and finishing school. got 5 classes. sucks! picks soon though. Not using a closet. 2 bedrooms

Wow man your plants are looking super healthy! +rep sir! Can I ask for a reminder as to how long those ladies are in flower?

Looks like you had a great yield! Did you weigh it out? Looks 4+oz

Thanks brother! It has been one month, exactly, since I switched to 12/12. The Roadrunner yielded around two and half ounces(fluffy and frosty buds), but that was weighed with old school postage hand scale! I don't weigh usually, just smoke!!

Nice grow Answer, Those are some dank looking buds :thumb:just goes to show you don't need 5' tall monsters to get some damn good weed !!:peace:

I was very impressed with the Dinafem Roadrunner! Not only was it very easy to grow, it tastes delicious too!!

I like to be different. No prob. with heat yet. only running a 400 watt halide temp. stays 81-84 deg. Putting the 1000 w sodium soon. Thinking I'll have temp. probs. then, but just put co2 in so I ahve heard I can run higher temps. with it. Been real busy fixing screwups on it and finishing school. got 5 classes. sucks! picks soon though. Not using a closet. 2 bedrooms

Sounds like it will be a sweet setup! Heat issues always suck, but I run my a/c all the time and have no problems. You can definitely run higher temps with CO2, but I would still be weary of root rot.
Man, that Security Center 2010 Walmare Virus almost drove me crazy!

Glad to hear you bounced back fine, theanswer.

Luckily I am handy with computers and already killed this thing once before! I only wish I could have helped you with yours!

Great Buds TheAnswer. Gald you are moving around and working again. I hope your world gets back to normal (whatever that is) and your grow stays strong. Keep the Faith my Brother! :peace:

Sorry I haven't been around in a while, I've still been swamped with work and haven't had any free time to post! The buds are starting to bulk up nicely and they have another 20 days left. They received another feeding today, it was much needed. I have been lazy, due to exhaustion, and have not maintained on a daily basis. I have some yellow leaves due to that fact, but the buds look great. Here are some pics.

Power kush:
Bubble2_282.jpg

Bubble2_256.jpg

Bubble2_269.jpg

Two Wonder Woman.
Bubble2_260.jpg

Glad to see you are well and getting better ol buddy. And man do those buds look nice and dense, all of 'em. I am just curious, have you been using the "sb" system at all or sticking with the buckets for now? And if not is it just because of time constraints and such?

Glad to see you are well and getting better ol buddy. And man do those buds look nice and dense, all of 'em. I am just curious, have you been using the "sb" system at all or sticking with the buckets for now? And if not is it just because of time constraints and such?

Thanks my friend! I have Power Kush clones, that are about to go into the stink flower system. This run was in individual buckets, which I liked. I took a sample nug off the smaller Wonder Woman and they are definitely dense nugs! I can't wait, only 15 days or so left!

Back
Top Bottom