Soil - White Widow - LED - Grow Journal - 2010

shit guys i started to notice some yellowing on the tips of leafs protruding from a bud site and i pulled a leaf off to find a small isolated pocket of mold inside one of the colas. should i chop that cola down early and watch the rest of the plant very carefully or go ahead and harvest everything early? help is much appreciated and time is of the essence i am going to do one or the other tonight. i knew i should have put a additional fan blowing on the bud sights. i am on day 49 of flower.

This is all one bud. what if i were to cut right under the mold on the cola and only take the top off now?

IMAG02394.jpg

IMAG02383.jpg

IMAG02324.jpg

well sorry to say bud but u are far into harvest, i wuold not suggest spraying anything on them, i did my last grow turned to weed absolutely crap. any spray u have to treaat it. its not just a one spray, go away type issue. even tho u chopped what u can see. mold can be very very small and no way u will be able to see it. cuting down and trying to dry it out is pointless. it wont and it cant get rid of it. it wont go away,not that i know of, sorry man.the safest thing man, since u are so into flower is to chop and get rid of. im not telling you to do this but this is my honest opinion. i threw away 3 plants do to PM one plant was 2 weeks away from chop. and other had 4 weeks. it was freakin hard, but after a bit i was happy i did and didnt smoke that shit. sorry mate. i do hope u find somethin to save your crop, noone should have to go threw this shit. some people say milk and water. my opinion, no, i wouldnt try it. its got hormones and shit in it that should not be on a plant. i think. i dont know its really hard. good luck man, i hope u get it sorted.

check out my santa cruz grow, and see if your pm looks like mine. i got hit pretty bad with the medi. pm is airborne so it will go everywhere. when everything is out. clean your whole grow room with bleach and water 1 literbleach to 4 liters water. wipe the outside too, just incase. thats what i did.

check out my santa cruz grow, and see if your pm looks like mine. i got hit pretty bad with the medi. pm is airborne so it will go everywhere. when everything is out. clean your whole grow room with bleach and water 1 literbleach to 4 liters water. wipe the outside too, just incase. thats what i did.

after looking at you post like you said i did not have PM it was a isolated spots inside the colas under the buds on the stems. i will take more photos of the chopped colas to show you. brb

Budrot (Botrytis) is a very common worldwide fungus that attacks both indoor and outdoor crops under certain conditions. “Budrot” is also known as “brown rot”, “grey mold” and other names. Airborne Botrytis spores can be found everywhere, all times of the year, and will attack many different species of plants. Botrytis will attack flowers, and eventually leaves and stems.

Growers running sea of green, perpetual harvest, remote grows, outdoor, or multiple strains (each with different flowering periods) should keep an eye out for Botrytis near harvest time.

Outdoor growers need to be hypersensitive to weather conditions near harvest time. Rain, morning dew, frost and cool fall nights may increase the risk of budrot and powdery mildew.

Fully developed marijuana buds provide ideal conditions for spore germination: warm and moist plant tissues. Botrytis will initially attack
the largest and densest buds in the garden, because they provide the ideal conditions for germination. Weak plants will also be attacked rapidly.

Once budrot has been detected, the grower should isolate infected buds by removing them from the growroom immediately and harvesting the infected colas, followed by a rapid dry of the harvested colas. Take immediate steps to reduce room humidity. Afterwards, the entire crop should be carefully inspected for infection and damage.

The grower may want to harvest early if more than one rotting cola has been found. Spores may have spread and are germinating deep within other colas.

IMG_0787_copy.jpg

IMG_0788_copy.jpg

IMG_0790_copy.jpg

IMG_0793_copy.jpg

IMG_0794_copy.jpg

What was your temps/RH?

well looking at my box 75/69 and a 42% humidity was where i was when i noticed the spot. however this last week we had some rain that threw me off and i wasn't paying attention to the RH% >.<.

After reading what to do when Bud Rot is found i absolutely made the wrong decision. i immediately inspected every bud without thinking about sterilizing my hands in between and absolutely spread the spores. so lastnight after reading about how i messed up i decided i either was going to harvest now or throw the whole plant away in a few days once the mold kicked in.

IMAG02442.jpg

Accidents happen and hopefully you will be more prepared on the next round. Either way it was an impressive grow. I saw the pictures of the mold and I actually got some of that on my curing buds once. It was humid as hell when I burped the jars and they only hung for 3 days and I had to throw away 7 grams that looked just like that. Hopefully you can get those hanging buds crispy dry and kill all the spores once curing starts. If your rH is at 42% right now they should cure nicely. I guess high humidity just for one week is enough for perfect bud rot conditions.

I'm also curious of how much yield you got from one plant under that spectra 180? It looks like 2-3 ounces of primo bud. Hope you can still get away with a decent haul of non-moldy buds. Good luck

-MJ

Accidents happen and hopefully you will be more prepared on the next round. Either way it was an impressive grow. I saw the pictures of the mold and I actually got some of that on my curing buds once. It was humid as hell when I burped the jars and they only hung for 3 days and I had to throw away 7 grams that looked just like that. Hopefully you can get those hanging buds crispy dry and kill all the spores once curing starts. If your rH is at 42% right now they should cure nicely. I guess high humidity just for one week is enough for perfect bud rot conditions.

I'm also curious of how much yield you got from one plant under that spectra 180? It looks like 2-3 ounces of primo bud. Hope you can still get away with a decent haul of non-moldy buds. Good luck

-MJ

ya im just glad i was able to learn so much from my first grow and im still learning cause ill get to practice trimming and curing. anyways after the final weight is released i have big plans for this next grow my friend has a very nice mother from a very well maintained bloodline that i will do a journal on. the only thing im not sure about is i think i wanna up the size of my next grow box to make room for more circulation fans (possibly a dehumidifier cause im so close to the ocean) and bud sights. Has anyone used a tent with good sucess or am i better off fabricating a larger box.

Thanks,
Hephner

Tents work great and they are mostly light proof the good ones any way check out the grow labs and secret jardins. I have the same light as you and have it in a growlab 60 which is 2x2x5.3 it might be to small for your needs but the reason I choose it was for the core pentration of my light I think they match very well and if your gonna do just one plant it should be big enough depends how long you veg but you could possibly fit more im doing 4 Mi5's which are super autos. I wouldn't get a tent bigger then 3x3 thou for that light.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Smoke Reports forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom