Atulip's Closet - LED - Swick Organic Soil - NLxBB - White Widow - Blue Kush

11/8 seedling SOG update.

Wasn't planning on an update this soon but our seedlings started taking off. We're also going to run a little experiment in here. We picked up the General Organics package($40) and were using it on 2 kush and 2 skunk plants. Planning on following the chart exactly and see how they compare to the other 5 girls. Soil was dry to about 4 inches down so today was a good day to start. Half strength for this first feeding will go full next feeding, and the other 5 got water. Gonna try to keep those 5 on water only for a good comparison, unless they start showing deficiencies.

General Organics line. From reading the ingredients it's all mostly just alfalfa, kelp, potash, molassess. Stinks like dog poo.
IMAG063413.jpg

First a before of our seedlings 3 days ago.
IMG_20151105_100821.jpg

And now. The green label is on the ones getting nutes. Also the front left one, just realized the pic didn't get the label.
IMG_20151108_090818.jpg

11/13

Not too much going on this week. Blue Kush is now too tall. Highest point is 10" from HPS so we tied that top to the side. I was going to give WW & BK a compost tea, but I can't afford to let Blue Kush get any taller. Our HPS is as high as it can be without repositioning the filter. I'm considering moving it to the attic with the fan and having it push through. That could potentially give me another foot or so to work with. The other alternative is digging in the swick, which would let me drop her down 6" or so. We'll see how she does this week. We also measured our girls.

We super glued some Velcro to the outside of the tent so we can open the doors without having to fully open the top.
IMAG064113.jpg
IMAG064210.jpg

Left to right. Blue Kush, NLxBB, White Widow.

Both Swicks are mostly dry. No waterings this week yet, we'll wait a few days then give our big girls coconut water, aloe, and Epsom salts.

NLXBB(4 weeks in flower) Buds developing nicely. Nitrogen deficiency starting up again. With 4 more weeks of flowering, I think we'll just let it progress.
IMG_20151113_081519.jpg
IMG_20151113_081716.jpg
IMG_20151113_081603.jpg

Blue Kush(2 weeks in flower) Tall. Hopefully done stretching. Bud developement started this week. tied her biggest top.
IMG_20151113_082819.jpg
IMG_20151113_082837.jpg
IMG_20151113_082910.jpg
IMG_20151113_083005.jpg

White Widow(2 weeks in flower) Looks like she's done stretching. Has somewhat of an odd shape. Bud developement started.
IMG_20151113_083708.jpg
IMG_20151113_083730.jpg
IMG_20151113_083750.jpg

Into the closet. Seedlings growing slow. Temps in their tent are around 65℉. Not much I can do besides changing the intake to pull from inside the closet itself, rather than through the wall. I'll probably do that tomorrow. Just close off the duct and open the side air vents. Soil around 4" dry, we'll water and feed in a couple days. Remember, green label is getting General Organics line and the other 5 water only. For 2 different strains, they're oddly uniform.
IMG_20151113_084629.jpg

Random photo I accidentally snapped. Looks nice.
IMAG064911.jpg

I'm anxious to see how the general organics works for you atulip, how are you giving the nutes ? Just top fed the ones with green labels ? And the other seedling their just gettin plain water from the swick correct ? Good little expert, I'll be following

The swick is probably going to stay dry. Top watering all of them. I don't expect much more out of the general organics line more than compost teas would do. But its a bit easier, and I wanna see how my latest batch of soil holds up to water only.

Ahh ok so the soil already has tea and nutes in it, so your just giving water to the other plants. Then your giving the GO line to the green marked plants.

Well the soil is Coots recipe with added dolomite lime, it should be able to do a full cycle without any teas or nutes. NLxBB spent her entire veg (73 days from seed) in water only in this soil. With the exception of Epsom salts(magnesium deficiency, hopefully fixed in newest soil(more lime)). She did run out of nitrogen near the end of veg, but no other deficiencies so far.

And yeah. The GO line on top of the Coots soil that the 4 greentag plants are in. Water only Coots soil for the other 5.

LOL I stopped using BioBizz Fish-Mix indoors because it smelled like rotten fish every time I opened the tent:) Bio-Grow does the same and is basically just molasses and the smell is neutral.

I've been looking at different grows with NL x BB and it seems to be very resilient and a super bushy lady;), I hope to snatch a few tips from you since we've had almost the same veg time, mine is a week into flowering and I'm looking forward to seeing her flower:Namaste:

LOL I stopped using BioBizz Fish-Mix indoors because it smelled like rotten fish every time I opened the tent:) Bio-Grow does the same and is basically just molasses and the smell is neutral.

I've been looking at different grows with NL x BB and it seems to be very resilient and a super bushy lady;), I hope to snatch a few tips from you since we've had almost the same veg time, mine is a week into flowering and I'm looking forward to seeing her flower:Namaste:

The smell is awful, but it's mostly gone once I water the soil. And of course the filter clears any smell while the tents closed.

Yeah she's definitely easy to grow. Only topped once and lst a bit and shes got 12 or so tops. She filled in nicely. I'd like to see 6oz from her. I normally wouldn't veg so long, just didn't have anywhere to flower her. Need to keep my plants as short as I can. If she smokes good, I'll definitely grow her again. I'm hoping for a relaxing sleepy effect, that's mainly what I smoke for.

Things are looking nice, clean, organized and awesome as usual!

I hear you on temp control; it's one of the bigger battles I have a on a day-to-day as well; exhaust fan on = too cold during lights out, fan off = too much smell, fan on with space heater on = waste of money, etc... Unfortunately it'll probably be a battle for me until I get my scubber installed and perhaps a 2-hose AC unit to control all variables.... Sounds like you have some good options and I hope they work out for you.

I'm curious -- if you are going for the relax / sleepy effect why are you growing strains which claim to have more sativa effects (WW claims to give you "energy")?

Things are looking nice, clean, organized and awesome as usual!

I hear you on temp control; it's one of the bigger battles I have a on a day-to-day as well; exhaust fan on = too cold during lights out, fan off = too much smell, fan on with space heater on = waste of money, etc... Unfortunately it'll probably be a battle for me until I get my scubber installed and perhaps a 2-hose AC unit to control all variables.... Sounds like you have some good options and I hope they work out for you.

I'm curious -- if you are going for the relax / sleepy effect why are you growing strains which claim to have more sativa effects (WW claims to give you "energy")?

I added a space heater to the room and it's keeping the flower tent around 75℉. Humidity is anywhere between 55%-70% based on the weather. I'm probably gonna pick up a 30 or 50 pint dehumidifier for this room.(should theoretically do the entire house).

White Widow is purely for my wife. She's had it before and desires it's effects. Most of what I've had is limited, not much availability here. So I'm growing a bunch of stuff. I would like some high sativa stuff for days off working around the house and such, that's where most of the sweet seeds autos will come in. And some hybrid stuff for relaxing combined with goofy, mostly for social smoking. But my daily smoke is for after work pain relief, relaxation, and sleep. That's what got me growing to begin with. Everything here is mostly Mexican sativa weed, which helps me very little.

11/20

Mostly routine waterings this week. Blue Kush sporting a bit of Mg deficiency, NLxBB nitrogen deficiency progressing. WW just chilling happily. Since we have the General Organics line we gave each a full bloom feeding with CaMg and BioBud. New drying tent arrived. Just a cheap 2'x2'x3' with the duct connected to our flower tent to pull the smell out. Might setup that 120mm muffin fan at the duct to get better airflow. Oh and we squished all 3 together under that 600w to maximize light absorbtion.

IMAG068113.jpg
IMAG068219.jpg

IMAG06779.jpg

NLxBB(5 weeks flower)
Fed with general organics bloom and bud, need her to fatten up. Trichromes checked. We're at like 30% cloudy, 70% clear.
IMG_20151120_020203.jpg
IMG_20151120_015850.jpg

Blue Kush(3 weeks flower)
Fed with GO bloom and bud and camg+. Starting to frost up. No distinct smell.
IMG_20151120_015954.jpg
IMG_20151120_020042.jpg

White Widow(3 weeks flower)
Fed with GO bloom and bud. Not much new development.
IMG_20151120_020234.jpg
IMG_20151120_022804.jpg

And in our closet. GO week 3 feeding for our front 4, water with CaMg+ for the other 5( one in the back middle showing Mg deficiency, looks like our soil needs some tweaking still) Growth is picking up. Plan to flip in 1-2 weeks.
IMG_20151120_075908.jpg

The 4 getting the GO line.
IMG_20151120_075929.jpg

The 5 getting water & CaMg+
IMG_20151120_080027.jpg

We've started a new journal for our perpetual autos. Should be a fun experience, link is in my signature.

Mornin' Atulip

I've been plannin' to do an outdoor grow this Spring very similar to yours with respect to using Swick and really standard Clackamas Coot soil mix.

I see from the 1st post the ratios you used of peat/EWC/perlite, how much of the amendments did use, per cu. ft. or per gallon or....

I'd figured to go with:
½ cup each per C.F.
Neem Cake
Kelp Meal
Crab Meal

1 cup each per CF
Glacial Rock Dust
Dolomite
Oyster Shell Flour
Basalt Dust

You mention above tweaking the soil mix, what thoughts do you have on how you might change it up?

Mornin' Atulip

I've been plannin' to do an outdoor grow this Spring very similar to yours with respect to using Swick and really standard Clackamas Coot soil mix.

I see from the 1st post the ratios you used of peat/EWC/perlite, how much of the amendments did use, per cu. ft. or per gallon or....

I'd figured to go with:
½ cup each per C.F.
Neem Cake
Kelp Meal
Crab Meal

1 cup each per CF
Glacial Rock Dust
Dolomite
Oyster Shell Flour
Basalt Dust

You mention above tweaking the soil mix, what thoughts do you have on how you might change it up?

My soil is closer to 30% peat, 30% EWC, and 40% perlite now. Better airation for the swick method. I also like to sprinkle a bit of earthworm castings on top of the pot after the seedlings get going. Not much, maybe like 1/2 cup over the top of the pot.

I actually ordered the pre mixed ammendments and mineral kit from build a soil. Crustation meal, kelp meal, neem cake at 1/2 cup each, and basalt, gypsum dust, and oyster shell flour at 1&1/3 cups each. I also added 1/4 cup espoma organic 5-3-3 plant tone per cubic foot. And 1/2 cup lime at first, and upped it to 1 cup after my first Mg deficiency, that's why I'm surprised to see a deficiency so early in my closet.(they have the added lime mixture)

I've considered mixing Epsom salts directly in the soil mix, but I feel it would be dissolved early on and get washed away. Might stay in the soil if using swick as the main watering method. I'm considering adding some seabird guano 12-11-2, but I don't want to make my soil too hot, might try like 1/8 cup.

All measurements should be per cubic foot of soil.

Hmmm, that reply pert near mirrors word for word what I've gathered from all the sources I've been reading and following.

P'raps the deficiencies you've dealt with might have been plant strain specific?

Thanks fer the words Atulip! Lurking and reading and boy howdy Spring can't git here soon enough!

Back
Top Bottom