Thawk's 2010 LED Soil White Widow / Medijuana Grow

thawk! get some AZAMAX for your pests it works really good! and its hard to tell with the led on but yeah it definitely looks like you having some burn go on either that or the browing of the plant could be from root rot in that case you would need some peroxide to clean your roots!

:thumb:Hey M8, what a nice update to see this morning!!! Your girls seem to be loving there new homes in the tent. They all look great to me but they do apear to have a bit of burn. Everything will work out just fine i burnt the hell out of my haze auto and she is flowering a bit slower but over all she is still doing very well! Cant wait for the next up date and if you find out whats up with your plants im all ears to hear about it!:thumb:

Happy growin! :tokin:

Almost all of the leaves that have bad browning were ones that had multiple spider mites on them soni feel like they are a big part of it... I was horrified last night when I saw that may champion medijuana sprout had spider mites, how do seedlings get mites?!?! But I mixed up an azamax solution and sprayed down the whole garden, hopefully things will look better this morning, I'm tired of dealing with these damn bugs... Does anyone know what exactly spider mites do to plants. I'll post some pics of leaf damage in a little bit

Hey m8, spider mites are very small and some times also very hard to see. They will lay eggs under your leaves and as the baby starts to hatch it has some nice leaf to eat before planting more egss and starting the whole process over again.

I personaly find it the best to use neem oil as i use it any time that i have a pest problem.

These mites can also show up any where at any time. They could be on rockwool, in your soil, on other plants in the house or even be brought in from being out side in the garden and not cleaning up before going to work on your indoot garden.

Most times they will wait till you switch to a 12/12 light cycle before deciding its the right time to ambush the crop. I use rockwool so when i first start you seeds i will dome each cube all by its self to lower the light and check if i have mites after a few days. I happened to find 1 plant that had them but, i spraid the whole garden down and then cleaned the tents. Havent had a problem since!

Hope your able to beat the piss out of the mites and get rid of them!:goodluck:

Hey THawk! I'm riding the fence on LED's right now - I'd love to have a less conspicuous electricity bill (I have 4 x 400W HID's that I can use, depending on plants), but LED's still seem unreliable. I'm worried that with the number of crappy LED companies out there, odds are I'd end up with a crap product. This is especially true because I don't like paying retail price. I either go used, or find discount sources. It makes 'finding quality' pretty difficult.

Just a quick question, though - how many watts are you actually running? Could you give me a breakdown of each light, its wattage and spectrum?

Thanks and happy growing!

Hey cfl grow, hope your king well nice to see someone new chiming in, anyways right now I'm not at home so i can't give you exact answers but if you go to sunshine systems you will see there I have two 90 watt ufos and 3 glow panel 45's for clones and supplemental. I am about to add a 240 watt for flowering, maybe two if it does good, so keep tuned in and feel free to ask any more questions. Also I'm going to bloom with a lot of cfl's added.

To all: spider mites suck, my bigger plants have stopped growing as quickly, and I've seen the mites on a seedling or two and on a clone, and vie had enough. I found a homemade solution that literally disintegrates them, so today I'm gonna take every plant and spray it down till their all dead, then wipe down the room with rubbing alcohol and water after it gets a mild spray... All mites must die, other than that the new seedlings are looking great except for the polyploid, I'm transplanting it to a larger cup asap, it hasn't seemed very happy. Also the topped one isn't doing much better and I am pretty sure I saw a male pre flower :( very sad but I kind of expected it

Oh and ps guys, all the earlier seedlings that had pretty much died on me are back, new froth coming out of all of them, the new water is doing them good... Soon they Gould all be kicking, as well as the clones that are looking great. Now I just have to figure out how I want to do this, if I want to be Ble to get a harvest of between 6 oz and a pound every two months, what am I going to need to do? I know that is a pretty big goal but I finger start big and if I don't quite make it I'll still be alright

CFL I too have a SS UFO 90. It is about 2 years old.I got very good results, but supplemented with CFLs. Lots has happened in the LED market since then. My next LED will be 3 watt chipsets, rectangular, ~ 200 watts, broader spectrum of r/b, plus some whites (UV). Check out the sponsors here.

Thawk Mites are tougher to get rid of than you think. First they have jaws that bite into the leaf, much like a tick. Removing them requires several cleanings. Dilute 50% and repeat 3-4 days.

you need to go to a hydro store and buy some AZAMAX be fore you have nothing left of your plants! i told you that when you first started talking bout pests its only 20 bucks and it will start working when you first use it but you need to get it now if you are going to get it cause you cant use ity during flowering and its 100% organic go and get it before you have nothing left.. spider mites live in your soil as well bro not just on the leaves so you need to be soaking your medium im telling you go buy that azamax

Hey guys, after way too many people told me that they were upset with me for not updating recently and the fact that I have changed plans and a few other hinge about my grow its probably about time I update it. Unfortunately I won't be able to get any pics up until I get home in a little over 5 hours from now so if you wanna come back and read this then that's fine, go smoke a joint or two :grinjoint:
Alright first off I was originally just going to change the closet from 24/0 to 12/12 and grow it out and then start it all over, but I've decided to change things up, I am going to keep that room as the veg room and the home for my mothers, yes I have decided that I am going to mother between 4 and 6 plants (strains) the four that are for sure being mothered are medijuana(as long as I get a female), white widow, sharks breath, and blueberry (yum yum). I know I am being given a few more clones including cat piss, ak-47, possibly a plant from Guam, and if I can swing it, and this one would def be a mother plant, SOUR DIESEL, yummy haha. Personally I'm more excited for blueberry but some of my friends are in love with sour diesel. Also does anyone now if there is a place to get the true sky walker og kush strain? Anyways I'm drifting off topic, now I have decided to mother these plants and what not because I am going to get a tent( help deciding on one? Need atleast 16 sq feet and I don't wanna pay an arm for it) that will be in the guest room that will be used solely for flowering, and it is going to be a beast of a flowering tent. I am going to put a 240 watt lighthouse flowering led, a 400 watt hps with enhanced spectrum hortilux bulb, and around 8 cfl's between 26 watt and 68 watt depending on how much extra light is needed... I don't think I I'll need any more light than that haha. So here is the plan( please feel free to chime in advice on a better way to get more product in less time if you have an idea, I AM OPEN TO ALL SUGGESTIONS)
I am going to get the tent this week hopefully and go ahead and flower the unknown plants that were given to me so I can get a flowering cycle under my belt before I engage in the real grow. I am going to begin taking clones of the clones I was given and stick a couple of them in bloom and some in veg, etc. This is all boring stuff, late december I am going to start flowering all the non mother plants I have, except for the 12 clones i am going to take very soon. Ultimately I am going to flower 12 plants at a time, 3 of each strain, and while the first batch is flowering, I will have the rest of the clones in veg, so the second flower starting feb. Will all be clones with 2+ months veg growth, then the grow after that the clones will have had been more veg growth, etc. I wish there was a way to make the flowering go quicker, but I don't have room to do a true perpetual grow. After 3 cycles I will likely flower the mothers and the 4+ month old clones and get a HUGE harvest.... But like I said I wish there was a way to decreases separation of harvests.

Alright now that you guys know what I'm going to do there time to update the plants, they seem to be doing great and I haven't seen any spider mites at all, that mite eradicator really did kick mite ass, however it did cause some mild plant stress, the mite killer had a ph that was so off it caused some major curling and twisting on the leaves of some, and some yellow dead leaf tissue on some leaves, I'm still working on getting them all back to normal. I am still using an azamax solution though just to be sure they don't start coming back somehow, I'm keeping my eyes open.
Another brig update that I am thinking of starting a whole new thread on is liquid light and penetrator from Dutch master, it is incredible for LEDs, just wait till you see the medijuana, and the sharks breath, and the.... Every plant. It is the best thing I have used, every single plants stopped drooping and stood up and has been growing like crazy recently. I am thinking of taking the two unknown plants and doing a comparison grow, but I think instead I'm gonna wait and take two clones and do it with them from the get go to show you that all growers, especially those with LEDs, should use this product if possible.
Let's see, the only other news I have is that I have transplanted the clones and two medijuanas, one of the white widow seedlings that was looking good is now dead because I had to leave for home and didn't get back as early as planned and it didn't get water in time, very sad but manageable. And the last portion of this behemoth of an update is that some of the leaves have been twisting slightly or curling under( side to side like a tube) but they have been returningn to normal, is this a ph issue or something else?

Thanks for reading guys, I'll have pics up soon, and please comment or give advice, I love to hear from you guys.

Thanks and Enjoy!

Ok guys I am so sorry I am jut now getting my pics up but here they are, what do you think?
This is the last pics of the plants given to me going up as I am giving them away
IMG00222-20101110-0917.jpg

Here are the clones, soon to be mothers, starting with the Sharksbreath
IMG00232-20101110-0941.jpg
IMG00224-20101110-0939.jpg
The White Widow
IMG00225-20101110-0939.jpg
IMG00227-20101110-0940.jpg
The Blueberry
IMG00231-20101110-0941.jpg
IMG00223-20101110-0938.jpg
Now for the Medijuanas, first the one kicking ass
IMG00233-20101110-0941.jpg
IMG00234-20101110-0942.jpg
The other little one
IMG00236-20101110-0942.jpg
and finally, the sprouts that need to be transplanted
IMG00237-20101110-0943.jpg

ENJOY!

Ok guys I am so sorry I am jut now getting my pics up but here they are, what do you think?
This is the last pics of the plants given to me going up as I am giving them away

I think they look great! :welldone:
Whomever the receiver, they are very fortunate!

Haha yea they are doing well but my buddy needs a place to put a bunch of clones that he says he'll give me so I need to make room, and while I can't throw em away cuz they're my first plants, I'm giving them to a close friend so I'll still get to see the end result :)

Guys today will be day 1 of flowering for some of the plants, the ones given to me, I decided that instead of giving them away I'm gonna stick em in my new sun hut and see if I can grab an oz or two.... They are about 14-16 inches so I'm sure it'll produce at least something haha. I'm also gonna take a bunch of the sprouts and transplant to two gallon pots, veg one more week and begin flowering them so I ought to have a few plants finishing up in January. The plan for the rest is to turn the biggest and heAlthiest of each strain to a mother and I will begin siphoning clones in a week, this way all the plants that will be starting in Jan will already be very sizable and should produce lots of good bud. The hps will be the only light in there today, but I will be adding a 240 watt lighthouse blackstar panel soon, also does anyone have an suggestions for a co2 injection system?

Ok guys here are pics of the plants from a few days ago, the medijuanas are all going through LST right now so you may not be able to see them very well. Also I messed up and forgot to label a plant, anyone know how I can tell which one it is? Anyways I'll go ahead an post these pics and then write another short update, first the pics, the sprouts
IMG00269-20101117-0926.jpg
All the plants are looking great
IMG00270-20101117-0926.jpg
IMG00271-20101117-0927.jpg
IMG00272-20101117-0927.jpg

And I finally got a tent but at this point I only had cfl's running so here they are, ps only two are female but I feel like starting the other just to be sure.
IMG00273-20101117-0932.jpg
IMG00274-20101117-0932.jpg
IMG00275-20101117-0933.jpg

Back
Top Bottom