LED Grow Journal - White Widow

20150618_003253.jpg

Dude this bud looks like an alien. What a beast. You're holding out for a lot of colour?

you talking about harvesting? yeah im holding out for about another week, than ill be harvesting. Waiting on trichomes and flush to finish.

Yeah that's what I meant by holding out :)

And by colour I meant you want some trichomes with a bit of amber as well before you harvest? Looking great.

Yeah I want a little amber in there. I might harvest a couple plants a day or two earlier based off of what I'm seeing on the trichombs. Dunno yet, takin it day by day.

just wanted to let everyone i an ok. Amusing exes computer right now but will be back online tues afternoon sometime so till then se ya in the funny papers

Hello everyone!

The grow is coming to a close now, plants are chopped down and washed and hanging up to dry as of Jun 22, 2015. Which would give these plants a total of 118 days OR 3 Months 26 Days, from Seed to harvest. This was longer than expected as i anticipated a cool 2 months of flower but it was well over two months for these to peak out.

Some things I learned this grow:

- Platinum LED's are strong lights.
- The coverage the lights provide is not as big as i would like. I love the lights but do think i will need more.
- With a P900 & P450 I will be only growing 3 plants under these 2 lights as i think that thats the appropriate amount of plants you can grow under this particular setup.
-STAY MOLD FREE, that shit is scary and a pain in the ass to keep that shit at bay and i am going to really take serious precaution as to never let that shit into my grow again, FUCK! ;)
-Also, FUCK "PM Wash" solutions, those things are a fucking rip off. If you have mold, get "green cleaner" neem oil and use that and FIX YOU ENVIORMENT ASAP! PM washes are a waste of fucking money, i spent like 60$ for nothing on that shit.
-once you got the mold, you pretty much got it, just dont let it happen again!
-i love boobies
-Smart pots kick ass, highly recommend.
-Keep some distance from the strong light of the LED!
-bamboo sticks suck for supporting plants.
-I didnt really feed these plants alot of nutes, i think i steered away from alot of Nutes, i used some compost teas and fed with molasses quite a few times as a supplement.

anyways... Glad to have people along for this and showing support. Pidgeon420, thanks for youre kind encouraging words this grow, it means alot. Everyone else, thanks for stopping by.

I will have a smoke report and a final weight in a week-ish! have a great day, cya soon.

20150623_192817.jpg
20150623_215947.jpg
20150623_220346.jpg
20150624_132738.jpg
20150623_230126.jpg
20150623_230025.jpg

TODAY

Grow room is cleaned up good and i went and started the next plants.

AMNESIA: Under the Platinum LEDS, start to finish.
Cheese: Straight CFLS, start to finish.

I feel much more organized for this next grow! and im growing 2 cheese plants under straight CFL's and 3 Amnesia under straight PLED's!

20150624_180438.jpg
20150624_180356.jpg
20150624_180538.jpg

AND WERE BLACK, WITH THE GRAND FINALE TO THE WHITE WIDOW GROW!

how exciting this really has been. I some how doubled what i thought i would achieve as far as weight is concerned!

4 Plants and my outcome was 11 Ounces or 310 Grams!

Smoke report is great, uncured buds are smoking very smooth letting on very slowly a very good high. Has a nice talky feel, that got my excited, maybe cause i was happy with the outcome, very pleased. Got me plenty high after half of a joint, loved it.

20150626_222716.jpg
20150626_203706.jpg

So thats it my friends! White widow is done and its on to the "amnesia" and "cheese". They are starting Veg day 1 any day now, havent decided. Maybe ill make a different journal with these two strains? Ill be comparing some CFL growing and some LED growing side by side, no switching rooms, no switching lights, no switching pot, they are stuck in theyre places for atleast 3 months. Been great guys, thanks for tuning in, hope i did a decent job updating my journal and keeping up with the expectations of it all. This was my "second" grow i guess you could say but, i grew some clones basically side by side of these ones and these would of been my first grow but the seeds didnt show up in time so i got impatient and bought clones... So...yeah...tune in for my next shit? thanks, peace :thanks:

I love my P450! That being said, I saw bleaching on my plants too. It drives me crazy!!! One observation I made... It happened the worst at abut 14 inches from the light and at random spots. Closer tops were fine and tops dead center fine too. I suspect it's a light intensity issue with their dual lens setup. im not sure it affected my overall harvest in any way other than cosmetics. Still, doing this as a "hobby", it drives me nuts! The odd thing is... I see a bunch of what I consider "forum master growers" utilizing the PLEDs, yet I really don't read much about bleaching on any of their plants. It seems every novice experiences it though. I guess it's one of those "separates men from the boys" things. Nice plants.... Nice harvest!

I love my P450! That being said, I saw bleaching on my plants too. It drives me crazy!!! One observation I made... It happened the worst at abut 14 inches from the light and at random spots. Closer tops were fine and tops dead center fine too. I suspect it's a light intensity issue with their dual lens setup. im not sure it affected my overall harvest in any way other than cosmetics. Still, doing this as a "hobby", it drives me nuts! The odd thing is... I see a bunch of what I consider "forum master growers" utilizing the PLEDs, yet I really don't read much about bleaching on any of their plants. It seems every novice experiences it though. I guess it's one of those "separates men from the boys" things. Nice plants.... Nice harvest!

No doubt, loving Platinum LED's as well. As for the light bleaching i contacted PLED about it and posted our conversation up above in GREEN and PURPLE text. Dosent seem to be anything to worry about but what i think it does is matures areas REALLY close to the light faster than other parts of the plant. Just my opinion but i could see a seperation in developement based on that. i been smoking those white buds just to SEE if anything was different about it and i couldnt honestly tell you if there was a difference. As for Hobby, of course im right there with you on that and what a great hobby it is! i love growing my own smoke and sharing it as well. i hope i can keep growing good weed and maybe enter cannabis cup one of these days, just to say i did ;) that would be great! as for seperating men for the boys, you could be right, some of these fellaz really know what theyre doing.

When it comes to LED's, things light lighting distance dont get brought up alot, people seem to think LED's are "As close as you can get them" lights but if youre trying to avoid light bleaching id say thats not true.

Hey intotheclouds,

I am letting my next plant grow too the light
It is a bag seed that I have kept going for a few years,but pretty sure it is OG kush
Anyway it looks a lot healtier and no sign of bleaching yet
But it is stretching more than last time but I have plenty of room I just keep them short as they are easier to manage in my space
I'll let you know how it is going as it progresses
:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom