LED Grow Journal - White Widow

ok Intotheclouds you have created a new addiction for me googling things about medicine ( lol). Just googled Sog and verrrrryyyyyy interrrresttttttingggggggg. maybe my next grow will just have to be that

is my signature link working?

nope will figure it out

Your the only person I know on this site that uses green cleaner. Used to be just green clean. Love the shit. I buy it buy the gallon. I clean all my stuff with it tools,plants,trays etc etc. Best mite killer hands down. Green clean changed my life. I only read first post I'm gonna read rest now.

any one know why some buds turn super white at the tops like this
IMG_43058.JPG
?

Wow. Can't say I've seen that either that's a shit ton of pistils.

Ok all caught up. Bummer your on the Eastside. Oh well. I'll follow your journals from here on subbed.

Pretty sure that is light bleaching
I have a laughing Buddha doing the same thing
It stretched about 300% my p900 is 22" away

:Namaste:

everyone from Wa state hello from Walla Walla

ty dutty just bookmarked it as I am at work

wow, i got no updates to the convo in here, i do apologize. Yes Dutty, im from Spokane. Green cleaner is pretty good stuff but damn, so expensive.

Took this pics earlier, today. Checked the Trichs last night and they are comin in milky with a few clear. Ive started my flush, ill keep you guys updated. Also, temps been at 81 and 40% humidity past few days, shits been unexpectantly hot lately... also, fuckin PM has been neutralized i guess... i keep finding little spots here and there, ive sprayed with a PM wash solution and i think its helped, i hope everything i see now is just residue.
IMG_45074.JPG
IMG_45131.JPG
IMG_45082.JPG
IMG_45065.JPG

Pretty sure that is light bleaching
I have a laughing Buddha doing the same thing
It stretched about 300% my p900 is 22" away

:Namaste:

you got a P900 too? nice, id much rather get 2 x p450's but the price difference was too big. Anyways yeah, i believe i also had enough distance between light and bud and i still got bleaching...

i might hit up Platinum and see what theyre take on the bleaching is.

how did that cola get "bleached"

you got a P900 too? nice, id much rather get 2 x p450's but the price difference was too big. Anyways yeah, i believe i also had enough distance between light and bud and i still got bleaching...

i might hit up Platinum and see what theyre take on the bleaching is.

I battle that decision myself ended up with a p900 then ordered a 2nd about 10 months later
I have 1 white one and one of the new black ones
I basically keep 2 plants under each one

Deff would like here what platinums take is on the bleaching
I am starting to see it a little on my next set that is 5 weeks into flower and I never lowered light I just let plant grow to it
:thumb:

I battle that decision myself ended up with a p900 then ordered a 2nd about 10 months later
I have 1 white one and one of the new black ones
I basically keep 2 plants under each one

Deff would like here what platinums take is on the bleaching
I am starting to see it a little on my next set that is 5 weeks into flower and I never lowered light I just let plant grow to it
:thumb:

Ive been thinking the same thing, just letting the plants grow to the light. My next grow is going to be just that.

Talked to platinum LED, heres what they had to say on the Light bleaching.

Platinum LED:

Hi David..

That's called photo bleaching and it has to do with the high intensity of our lights and the amount of UV in the spectrum with the lights being low. It's actually harmless and won't affect much. Some people take it on purpose it means that the rest of the plant is getting some serious intensity as well!

ME:
Right on, so like a sun burn for plants? Has anyone ran a tricome test on bleached buds?

just curious if were dealing with some abnormal THC production or just a variation in color tones. Im leaning towards the bleaching having some kind of effect on the plants variables in THC production and possibly, maybe even this being a stress to the plant. Also, Indica/Sativa, im curious about variables in that aspect and if it would effect anything specific to its classification. Im sure sativas enjoy more light intensity than indica, whats platinums take on what does best under LED light on this intensity? i love sativas and if i knew i was getting the best bang for my buck growing sativas under platinums light i'd steer that direction. Let me know, or lets figure this out together. Thanks as always!

Platinum LED:

Hi David..
All we can say and consult on is that this happens a lot with LED grow lights.. not just ours.. and that all customers report no negative overall effects to the plant.

ME:

if this is so common, i think its worth looking into and maybe drawing comparisons to, dont you?

Platinum LED:

Sure absolutely! This is what the grow forums are for. Maybe you could start a thread so others could discuss and input as well?

Me:

I will and have been actually, and you confirmed a lot of what's been discussed so far. I guess if it works it works, I just wanna know who's willing to put they're bleached buds to the test? ;)
Hear of any other abnormalities similar to this one on any other plants? Like, white tomatoes.. don't mean to bug you dudes. You do great work. I know you're busy selling shit..

Platinum LED:

No white tomatoes, just some white tips. First hand smoke reports say that it’s not much difference and not a real big deal. When it dries down, it turns out to be a miniscule amount compared to the rest of the harvest.

DAY 112 :cheer: (3 Months 23 Days)

Nearing the end, been flushing for a week and im gunna say about a week left on these babys. Keepin an eye on em. Heres a bunch of photos from the room tonight!
20150618_003904_007.jpg
20150618_003631.jpg
20150618_003624.jpg
20150618_003528.jpg
20150618_003424.jpg
20150618_003419.jpg
20150618_003411.jpg
20150618_003404.jpg
20150618_003320.jpg
20150618_003259.jpg
20150618_003253.jpg
20150618_003040.jpg
20150617_202517.jpg
20150617_202401.jpg

great job, wish I caught this earlier!

Great Journal, fantastic looking plants.

Back
Top Bottom