Thawk's 2010 LED Soil White Widow / Medijuana Grow

Makes total sense to me, and yea I'm worried I won't have enough light but I've done research and it seems like i should have more than enough light for 10 plants, I maybe wrong as I am new and would love to be corrected if I am. Thanks for all the help!

Makes total sense to me, and yea I'm worried I won't have enough light but I've done research and it seems like i should have more than enough light for 10 plants, I maybe wrong as I am new and would love to be corrected if I am. Thanks for all the help!

Mr.Thawk..

Your more than Welcome my Friend..

Im not saying your wrong by ANY means.. My appologies if it seemed like it.. I was just telling you my Thoughts on the Lighting Topic in general.. ..

With CFLs though,, its really hard to Calculate IF a certain number will be enough (at least in my experience) .. lol .. So Im REALLY not sure if what your thinking will be enough or not,, It may be more than enough.. And worse case scenario,, the Buds just may not be quiet as dense or heavy if you dont have enough Light.. ..

Im keeping my Fingers crossed for you though Bro.. ..

Much Love and Respect.. ..

Haha, no you didn't come off the least bit condescending, I just don't want you to not tell me I'm wrong if I am. I don't mind if I'm wrong if I can find out what's right :) but the seedlings look to be doing good, I imagine I wont see aNy changes for a few days, no drastic ones at least, but I'm planning on topping the larger plant soon, I read there was a way to top and create four main colas, anyone know? I tried a method I read but as you can see in the pics its only producing two. Also I have no experience with LST, is it something I Should try to do at this age?

Oh one more thing, since I have been giving my seedlings not great pH, should I flush it with phed water or just water normally with phed water from now on? Oh and I have seen a couple gnats that mustve come with my soil, what's the best wY to kill these annoying little bug? I've heard they don't really do any damage but I don't like them...

hey master chronic

If you dont have PH down a lemone squeezed into you water will do the same as PH down if you wanted to make it more acidic.. as far as your seedlings i wouldnt hit them with nutes for maybe a week an a half they usually dont need nutes untill they get big.. the dots on your plants are most likely what reddawg said its a PH problem make sure your PH is between 6.0 and 6.5 for soil growing.. and i would get some nutes on your growing clones the yellowing is usually a nute def. and indicas usually have way thicker leaves then sativas and they are more short and stout rather then sativas are skinny and can be grow to be really tall.. get you ph right and your nutes right and youll be good as far as your clones only hit them with about 400-500 ppms of nutes or maybe start off less and gradually bring them up... happy medicatings Chronic Master also LST can be very difficult if youve never experienced with it before i suggest start trying it with just one plant :)

Thanks alot man, I did some rearranging in the room today so now I don't have all the cfl's going, using my LEDS for he most part and hopefully will be adding a 240 watt soon, I now have 9 seedlings and the 3 big plants, the 4 new seedlings look good and the older ones seem to be growing a little better, im going to water them tomorrow with ph'ed water and a little bit of a h2o5 solution and hopefully that will perk em up and et em back on track and get the new ones started in the right direction. ALso i found a mutant seedling that isnt quite ready to be moved into a pot, it had 3 leaves for the cotyledon, ill post a pic tomorrow after I water them all but had anyone else experienced anything like this? Thanks guys

hey master chronic

If you dont have PH down a lemone squeezed into you water will do the same as PH down if you wanted to make it more acidic.. as far as your seedlings i wouldnt hit them with nutes for maybe a week an a half they usually dont need nutes untill they get big.. the dots on your plants are most likely what reddawg said its a PH problem make sure your PH is between 6.0 and 6.5 for soil growing.. and i would get some nutes on your growing clones the yellowing is usually a nute def. and indicas usually have way thicker leaves then sativas and they are more short and stout rather then sativas are skinny and can be grow to be really tall.. get you ph right and your nutes right and youll be good as far as your clones only hit them with about 400-500 ppms of nutes or maybe start off less and gradually bring them up... happy medicatings Chronic Master also LST can be very difficult if youve never experienced with it before i suggest start trying it with just one plant :)

Mr.Thawk..

Yes Sir.. !!

Haha I hope so, but do you guys know anything about the Gotham hydro LEDs? That's where I'm planning on buying from but I'm unsure...

Mr.Thawk..

No Sir.. Ive checked out their WebSite,, but dont know anything about them personally.. I would be kind of cautious though,, never know.. With sooo many LED Companies out there,, do as much Research as you can my Friend.. !!

Yea I know it makes me nervous but I have seen a couple of very successful grows with their lights.... I just feel like a 240 watt led is gonna cost more than 250

Mr.Thawk..

I understand.. And I know it will cost you more than $250.00,, heck I WISH they were down to that cheap of a price,, Id buy a couple more.. !!

LoL

Well I would have to say yes and no, this update will have pics coming later tonight or tomorrow but I have been real busy. Ok so the new seedlings are all looking great, even the mutant with three beginner leaves! The older ones also are looking better with the phed water now also being mixed with superthrive and hydrogen peroxide, so all is good on that front for now, however I have had some problems with the other plants. I had what I am almost positive was a cal-mag def because necrosis started all over random leaves, so I added some epsom salt and hopefully it will all be back to normal soon. It is only bad on one but it is beginning to start on the others. But more pics and info tonight guys.

Ps. The one I topped and thought I did it wrong I actually did right and is going to grow 4 main colas!

Haha I hope so, but do you guys know anything about the Gotham hydro LEDs? That's where I'm planning on buying from but I'm unsure...

I have Gotham Hydro's previous 2009 Ultra Violet model and the lights work well (better for flowering). The company was always responsive to my questions and shipping was always fast and discreet. Though I think the claim of 16,000+ lumens from a 90W UFO is a bit of a stretch, their other CREE lamps & Blackstar line look like some solid budget performers.

I would also take a look at the PG 250 from Hydroponics Hut. I really like the spectrum & penetration of these series of LEDs (But I could only afford the 140W model).

That does look like a great light, and it has a really nice guarantee on it, but idk if I'm willing to pay that extra 150 cuz the 240 watt blackstart is only 250, and I have heard they are very credible on multiple accounts. The only thing is I'm thinking that if I ordered that second led for flowering and it didn't produce good results, aka not EQUAL OR BETTER than an hps I would get a refund. What do you guys think, money is a huge concern right now btw

Alright guys, not sure if anyone is following the grow but I'm gonna keep updating it anyways. I have been continuing to use fox farm grow big, added some h2o2 solution, and a little epsom salt and the sativa that previously looked like it was about to kick the bucket was very lush and green this morning, actually shocked me a little bit. I took a pic, will edit in this post later. The indica in the back is still not looking that great, and it smells so nice it'd really be upsetting if it didn't make it but I'm gonna give it a few more days to turn around and if it's still looking bad I'm just going to top it, clone the top, and hope that the new forming tops will do it well. Hopefully it won't have to come to that.

Another issue though is I noticed what looked to be nute burn on the tips of maybe 3 of the little sprouts, and one has twisted and is looking completely down now, I'm worried that the rooting nute I gave them was too much and unnecessary. I also think I have been overwatering them some as well, I think I'm subconsciously trying to kill them haha. But most of them are still looking good though it's been almost a week since sprout for all of them and only a couple have both new pairs of real leaves, thinking they are running a little slow. Any comments or ideas would be very helpful, thanks guys.

No more H2O2. Even small amounts kill the beneficials. Grow Big is very good, but if you are using a quality soil, you shouldn't need it. A well balanced soil should take you through until flower, where the plant has different nutes requirements.

Get a moisture meter ASAP.

Plants are getting too tall. Get rid of the CFLs until 3-4 weeks into flower, otherwise your plants will continue to stretch.- or put the CFLs on a different timer and only give the girls short blasts a 3-4 times a day

Hey guys,
Just went through a little sharks breath before bed and I figured i'd go ahead and update, this time with pics. Ok so the three that were given to me are looking alright and ought to be showing sex soon, but they have had a few issues... First off they were having some mg and I think cal def which caused so e necrosis and yellowing, but I believe I solved that with Epsom salt... For now atleast. You guys tell me what you think, but I have a new problem, SPIDER MITES! I think they've been there a while but I just now noticed them. I gave the plants a good hard spray down to get rid of all the webs and I only saw a couple of bugs on all of the plants, so hopefully that will take care of it. If not I was thinking maybe floramite to kill em off? Anyways that's the deal with those, and oh the oje I topped and looks so good I think is gonna ne a boy... Very sad.

Ok I also got 3 clones from a friend to add to the collection, I got a white widow, a sharks breath, and a blueberry. I'm very excited about the blueberry, that and medijuana are my favorites right now. Speaking of which the new seedlings are all looking good, some are looking great... And one is a mutant! One of the seeds my friend gave me was a polyploid I believe, and has three leaf sets instead of two, so it should produce a third more bud :) hopefully all will be well.
So outside of that the only new thing is that I am trying to decide whether to get the pg-250 from hydroponics hut or the lighthouse blackstar 240 watt, anybody got advice? Ok so here's some pics, enjoy :)

Alright guys heres the pics : First the three older plants that have spider mites, does this damage look like it is just spider mites or do i have a deficiency too?
IMG00149-20101028-0008.jpg
IMG00148-20101028-0007.jpg
IMG00145-20101028-0005.jpg
IMG00141-20101028-0004.jpg
Sadly I think that topped one is gonna be a boy, but the next two i have a good feeling about :)
IMG00138-20101028-0003.jpg
IMG00136-20101028-0002.jpg
IMG00133-20101028-0000.jpg
IMG00132-20101028-0000.jpg
Now here is the blueberry clone that I'm so excited about
IMG00163-20101028-0013.jpg
Heres all the Seedlings
IMG00151-20101028-0009.jpg
My Medijuana that is kicking ass... though I am seeing a couple yellow dots and what looks to be a kink in the leaf... any ideas?
IMG00154-20101028-0010.jpg
and now for the mutant POLYPLOID
IMG00156-20101028-0010.jpg
the second set of leaves makes it look almost normal but if you look close you will see the growing pattern... enjoy :)

Back
Top Bottom