Mauiwauiguy - White Widow x Bigbud Under LED - 2nd Grow

Re: Mauiwauiguy - White Widow x Bigbud under LED (2nd Grow)

Airpots are for soil, I've heard they are quite versatile and can be used with a few other substrates... But I've never really looked into it as I prefer soil. Much more forgiving (sometimes).

You got some serious light in your tents! I've got a window that shines in on my "open" tent and a 90 watt LED... It blows me away, when I see you indoor growers... I just couldn't do it without the sun. However, thats partially because our electricity is the most expensive in the nation.... yaay Hawaii.

I've got a 400watt CMH, but its in the closet... I might start using it after I move, but likely not for cannabis.

Happy cannabis Tuesday,

I have finally moved the girls to their new home. I have hung my new Mars II 1200. And man is that thing bright. I think I will let them veg for at least another week before changing to flowering. Here are a few pictures:

DSCN03474.jpg
DSCN03469.jpg

Maui

Hi Mauiwauiguy:
Great G.J have subbed and will be watching till the end, how long will you be in veg for ? I have 30 of these seeds (fems ) from Female seeds. so will see how you do, have read problems with these hope all goes well they look in great condition.

Hey SG, I have not heard of any issues with these seeds. Hope not to have any. I only did 2 seeds and the both popped in 3 days. I hope these colas get as big as they say they are supposed to. I want to try and get 5 oz per plant this time.

Maui

Hey SG, I have not heard of any issues with these seeds. Hope not to have any. I only did 2 seeds and the both popped in 3 days. I hope these colas get as big as they say they are supposed to. I want to try and get 5 oz per plant this time.

Maui

Maybe the word problem might be a bit strong from me. most that grow this seem to complain that they all hermied on them, or at least a large percentage had.

I will be very interested in seeing how you get 5oz and I hope that you get all of that. this is going to be a great grow Journal.

Oh hell I will be pissed if these hermie on me. Especially for the price I paid for them. I try and give them a very stress-less place to be and give them the best environment. Hopefully that will keep them happy.

As for 5 oz per plant, I think it is quite doable as I got 3.5 oz per plant on the GDP girls. One thing I discovered I did wrong was with the blooming nutes. I was under the impression that Fox Farms Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz and Cha Ching was all I needed. Well come to find out these are actually just enhancers and not the base bloom nutes that I really need. I will be correcting that this grow.

I do want to wait maybe another week or so before turning the lights. I have so much new growth that I want them to grow abit first and hopefully get the other to catch up.

Maui

Good cannabis day,

The girls are looking awesome and the slow one has all but caught up. I will be flipping the lights next Sunday. I will get some pictures up tonight.
I just have to love my setup as these girls don't need me other than water. This Mars II 1200 is doing what it is supposed to so far but time will tell when the flowering starts.

Now I am starting to think of "Whats next?". I think I will do 1 plant each of a different strain. I like the 2 plants in my tent as it affords them alot of room to grow.

Maui

Update on the girls:

I fimmed a couple of weeks ago and now are ready to flip on the lights. I will start 12/12 Friday and away we will go. Here are a couple og pictures:

DSCN034912.jpg
DSCN03488.jpg

Maui

Good Day Weed Maui. Those girls are looking really good. They look like they are really liking the LEDs. Keep up the great grow and have a Happy Weedsday

Good Cannabis morning to you all,

I am thinking I like this LED lighting. I will be cutting over to 12/12 Saturday. I am excited to see how they flower under this light.

Maui

Hey Maui, How would you compare bud quality and weight using the LED as opposed to the HPS? I am considering an LED to keep the heat in check but I don't want to sacrifice on yield.

Thanks and happy yields.

jg106256,

Can't say as yet. This is my first grow with this light but we should now in about 60 days give or take. My GDP grow with the 600w HID did good. 294 cured grams from 3 plants. I think I can do better but time will tell but would like to achieve 125 gr per plant.

Thanks for watching
Maui

OK lights went out at 6:30 Am, they will come back on Saturday at 6:30 PM on a 12/12 schedule. Lets see some girl action.

Maui

OK lights went out at 6:30 Am, they will come back on Saturday at 6:30 PM on a 12/12 schedule. Lets see some girl action.

Maui

This is great news. I do hope all goes well WW X BB is a 6 - 8 wks grow right ? at least mine has stated that. are you taking notes on how much the light is costing you so at the end of a grow you know what the real cost are ?, as for me the cost of a LED against the cost of HPS / HID I am looking at £300. for a 600w HPS/HID and for the LED £900. so when you think of say a six light grow it comes out to be mega money, so I will be interested in seeing what the real cost are.

Those girls are looking great they look in fantastic condition, I am now thinking I may have to fly you to the UK and look after mine !!

Sg,

Did a lot of looking at the particulars of the lights. I was running a digital ballast 600W HID. That light draws 612 W of power an hour. The Mars II 1200 is a 1200 W light that draws 520 - 600 W. That was the biggest reason for me going to the LED. Twice the light at the same cost as a HID and no changing bulbs. I must admit that I live in the Pacific Northwest (Washington state) where the power rates are probably the cheapest in the nation. I think by all rights my power consumption will go down. I no longer need a fan to draw air through the hood and on a good day, I will draw about 100 W less an hour. The LED cost me $479 shipped so not such a bad deal. Sara at TopLED was awesome to work with.

Where are you paying 900 pounds (Hope thats right) for that light. Pretty sure that TopLED sells these lights in the UK and the price should be I would think about 280 pounds each

WWxBB is a 7-8 week flower which I will push out to 8 weeks just to be sure or until all the trichomes are cloudy and no amber. Don't like the whole kochlocked thing except for a night when it bed time.

And oh hell yeah, put me on a flight to the UK. That is one country I have not been to that I would love to see. And hell if the is good I may even stay. I would be great to be just a dirt farmer. I could really do this for a living.

Maui

Happy cannabis Tuesday,

I have finally moved the girls to their new home. I have hung my new Mars II 1200. And man is that thing bright. I think I will let them veg for at least another week before changing to flowering. Here are a few pictures:

DSCN03474.jpg
DSCN03469.jpg

Maui

They are really bright! The first time I turned on my controller and all 6 came on I was seeing spots for about an hour, had to go grab my polarized sunglasses. The girls are looking healthy. Great job.

Good morning all,

I have flipped the lights. I tend to give them 36 hours of dark (Helps me adjust my time table for 12/12). Boy howdy, when I opened the tent for the first time after the lights came on, all the new growth was like neon green (with sun glasses on) I will have to take a picture tonight.
I know I bought feminized seeds but waiting for them to show their true sex. Couple of more days I expect. Don't know this for a fact but have heard there is no guarantee that they will be girls. Guess we will find out.

Maui

Back
Top Bottom