The Deep Water Culture Home

PH question for the Deep Water Culture! :)
I germinated my seeds, put them in the rockwool (that I soaked for 24 hours in 5.8 PH'd water), stuck the cubes in the pots and cranked up the pumps & lights.
I checked the PH in the tank and it was reading 6.5 (I had filled it with 5.9 water), so I lowered it again to around 6.0, and left it.
When I checked it again it was reading 7.3, so again I lowered it to 6.0.
It doesn't seem to be affecting the babies any as all six have sprouted, and all but 1 already have 4 leaves (the 2 round ones and 2 pointed).

Anyway, since I haven't put any nutes in the water yet (of course), I'm wondering why my PH is dancing like this.
I bought a brand new Milwaukee PH meter and calibrated it at 7.0 and then checked some white vinegar which read 2.7 to get a reading on something else.
Since my PH has been bouncing around, I checked the PH meter against the vinegar and it still reads 2.7, so I don't think it's the meter screwing up.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be or is it even a problem? :thanks:

:peacetwo:

Good morning Deep Water Culture! im struggling this morning trying to control my bloom box jungle! im in the middle of week four flower and I have to drain the tank to caculate water use. I can barely lift the darlings to check PH for fear of breaking the tops. Im considering removing a plant and sending it to a foster home for some workspace. Ill post a pic in my journal in the next hour.

I am so happy with the performance of the box....just wondering how ill manage the next four weeks YIKES.

good news...the upward growth is really slowing and the buds are getting fatter. im afraid i traumatized a couple bending them. I dont know if it was tougher for the girls or or ME. one actually snapped and 'leaked" a little drop of sap. she looks fine an hour later and the top is not wilting so im keepin my fingers crossed 4 her.

hope u all have a great day and welcome to the new posters. i appreciate u all!!

I germinated my seeds, put them in the rockwool (that I soaked for 24 hours in 5.8 PH'd water), stuck the cubes in the pots and cranked up the pumps & lights.
I checked the PH in the tank and it was reading 6.5 (I had filled it with 5.9 water), so I lowered it again to around 6.0, and left it.
It doesn't seem to be affecting the babies any as all six have sprouted, and all but 1 already have 4 leaves (the 2 round ones and 2 pointed).

Anyway, since I haven't put any nutes in the water yet (of course), I'm wondering why my PH is dancing like this.
I bought a brand new Milwaukee PH meter and calibrated it at 7.0 and then checked some white vinegar which read 2.7 to get a reading on something else.
Since my PH has been bouncing around, I checked the PH meter against the vinegar and it still reads 2.7, so I don't think it's the meter screwing up.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be or is it even a problem? :thanks:

I wish I knew, I'll be watching to see what some of the more experienced people say.

Good morning Deep Water Culture! im struggling this morning trying to control my bloom box jungle! im in the middle of week four flower and I have to drain the tank to caculate water use. I can barely lift the darlings to check PH for fear of breaking the tops. Im considering removing a plant and sending it to a foster home for some workspace. Ill post a pic in my journal in the next hour.

I am so happy with the performance of the box....just wondering how ill manage the next four weeks YIKES.

good news...the upward growth is really slowing and the buds are getting fatter. im afraid i traumatized a couple bending them. I dont know if it was tougher for the girls or or ME. one actually snapped and 'leaked" a little drop of sap. she looks fine an hour later and the top is not wilting so im keepin my fingers crossed 4 her.

hope u all have a great day and welcome to the new posters. i appreciate u all!!

Your cracked stem will heal, no worries. I just hope you don't end up with a hermie from stress. :wood:

Next grow, leave when on the sites in front open to check water in the res. Just be sure to make a cover for it to keep the light out.

Less growth, more fattening up - AWESOME! :)

Like Green said, no worries on the snapped stem, it will heal right back up. That is actually called supercropping and people do that on purpose to get more light under the canopy.

Are you using well water or really hard water? I know my well water here is 400+ ppm and it takes a ton of PH down to go from 7.0 to 6.0. Not only that but it creeps back up like you are saying. That's why I use distilled now.

Now, now! Supercropping is not snapping branches! It is bending them without snapping them! I had that one soil plant that snapped when I tried to SC when it was too young. About 80% off! I propped it up and two days later it was healed. First one out of about 50 I've done!

Mama, what you did will only make the stem grow bigger and bigger stems=bigger buds! Ya done good! LOL!

Hey Deep Water Culture

I got some bad news. My job kinda changed in the last few weeks. We have some problem divisions that I am being sent to to "fix" the problems.
In 3 days I leave for Milan, Italy for 10 days. Normally going to Milan would be fun, but this is all business, all work. Then, I come home for a week. Next, I have to go to Ningbo, China for 4 weeks. Then I come home for a week. Then I go on my cruise for a week. Then I go to North Carolina for 2 weeks.

After that, I hope to be home to start my next grow. So, I am going to sign off until at least October. I hope to find you all still here when (and if) I get back.

My wife is totally depressed. This really sucks. I guess I could always resign my position but I have been with this company 26 years and I make a lot of money there. They have me right by the lower knuckles.

I hope all of you stay in good health and have fantastic harvests. Hope to join you all again.

Peace

Sam

Hey Deep Water Culture

I got some bad news. My job kinda changed in the last few weeks. We have some problem divisions that I am being sent to to "fix" the problems.
In 3 days I leave for Milan, Italy for 10 days. Normally going to Milan would be fun, but this is all business, all work. Then, I come home for a week. Next, I have to go to Ningbo, China for 4 weeks. Then I come home for a week. Then I go on my cruise for a week. Then I go to North Carolina for 2 weeks.

After that, I hope to be home to start my next grow. So, I am going to sign off until at least October. I hope to find you all still here when (and if) I get back.

My wife is totally depressed. This really sucks. I guess I could always resign my position but I have been with this company 26 years and I make a lot of money there. They have me right by the lower knuckles.

I hope all of you stay in good health and have fantastic harvests. Hope to join you all again.

Peace

Sam

Have a safe trip Sam !! Don't be bringin any kronic on the plane !!

Hey Deep Water Culture

Peace

Sam

Wow Sam, you will definitely be missed!! I wish you all the best on your journeys! Eat some good food while your in Italy at least!

lol its funny how in the back of the book they show you how to make an apple bowl.my gf had never smoked one until about a month ago

Apple bowls are the best!! Refrigerate it overnight and it adds a cooling effect! I use to smoke apple bowls, with all the line cooks, out back of a restaurant I worked at. We would grab one out of the walk-in cooler and punch it out with a sharpie. Ahhhh those were the days!!

Back
Top Bottom