Second Grow- Need Advice

jessor

Hey guys this is going to be my second grow and I kinda want some advice. I found some aluminum siding that i am planning on putting up in the closet to make it more reflective and to make it more light tight. But aside from that I was planning on doing two Blue cheese plants and two Trainwreck plants in the same tank. I was wondering if this would be a good Idea. I still have a couple of weeks before the grow gets underway so I am going to keep every one posted, but I would appreciate any and all advice.
Oh I will be using two 350w cfl lights dual spectrum and just the regular sh nutes. And I will probably be adding a couple more lights later. Thanks all.

Sounds good if you use side lighting, will need it for all sides. Also recommend picking up some cal-mag just to combat deficiency and keep them very healthy :) your choice though.

SG

I was thinking about doing that with the side lights but I am running this in a small closet, so I am probably only going to be able to put side lights on two sides of the closet. Otherwise I will get the lights to close to the fan leaves and burn the hell out of them like I did two grows ago. lol
Cal-mag, I am going to have to look into that. I havent used any supliments before so im going to have some studying to do.

I was thinking about doing that with the side lights but I am running this in a small closet, so I am probably only going to be able to put side lights on two sides of the closet. Otherwise I will get the lights to close to the fan leaves and burn the hell out of them like I did two grows ago. lol
Cal-mag, I am going to have to look into that. I havent used any supliments before so im going to have some studying to do.

Ya I love the stuff, saved me many times.

SG

The siding has to be a flat white for best reflectivity. Also when you say 350 watt cfl are you talking about incondesant equivilacy or actual watts used by the cfl?

Think about a plan to get air in and out of the closet. It could be something as simple as a slight opened door with a fan drawing fresh air in down low and a fan blowing out the door up high. You need air flow for heat control but also need it for air movement and CO2 replenishement for the plants. Ultimately you want it kind of breezy in the room. It's more important when they get big.

On the two different strains in one tank. It might work but with the strain you have chosen it would be more difficult.

I tried to do the blue cheese with some of my regular Mazari stain. The blue cheese liked light nutes but the my other strain was a heavy feeder. Eventually she grew big enough to just cover the blue cheese. I'm thinking with the trainwreck it might be the same way. Those trainwrecks like to grow all over the place and I can just see it covering the BC just when it shouldn't be. What high are you looking for? What strains do you have available. If you got time we can plan this out.

The siding has to be a flat white for best reflectivity. Also when you say 350 watt cfl are you talking about incondesant equivilacy or actual watts used by the cfl?

Think about a plan to get air in and out of the closet. It could be something as simple as a slight opened door with a fan drawing fresh air in down low and a fan blowing out the door up high. You need air flow for heat control but also need it for air movement and CO2 replenishement for the plants. Ultimately you want it kind of breezy in the room. It's more important when they get big.

On the two different strains in one tank. It might work but with the strain you have chosen it would be more difficult.

I tried to do the blue cheese with some of my regular Mazari stain. The blue cheese liked light nutes but the my other strain was a heavy feeder. Eventually she grew big enough to just cover the blue cheese. I'm thinking with the trainwreck it might be the same way. Those trainwrecks like to grow all over the place and I can just see it covering the BC just when it shouldn't be. What high are you looking for? What strains do you have available. If you got time we can plan this out.

I was talking about incondesant equivilacy, I think they run off of 65w, they are spirals. I was growing the blue cheese for my whife and myself and the trainwreck was going to be for a friend of mine who has ms, and is trying to get off his pain meds.
But if the train wreck is going to be a monster, I was thinking maby i should try two 5gal buckets with two plants each. That would save the BC.
Oh and as for time, I would rather take my time and plan well, than rush through this and screw up both plants. Like my grandfather always said, "Luck favors the prepared, and only fools rush in without knowing what they are getting in to."

A couple of buckets will work much better. Advantage of the BP system is the feeder hoses for when you start.

Do you have the means to get them to the seedling stage with a roots system? With only two plants per bucket you could also get a second water pump and use a T postioned after the a flow control.

You could also start them in the BP system and then transfer them to buckets when they get some size and/or have some roots coming out of the net pots.

Or here is what is even better I break down and buy another eight gallon res and make another bp unit with the extra water pump and stuff I have laying around the house. I think that is my best bet.:yahoo:
I love having extra parts.

I think I will go with the two bp units with 4 plants each. Now all thats left is setting up the grow room and getting the units ready. I have at least one more week left on this grow before I can start setting up for this next one. Now I'm excited.:yahoo:

agreed flat white is the best try to get it on the floor as well.If you keep your plants trimmed well with good reflection you should be fine.We grow 8 plants np with a 430 watt T5 your almost there now.

Since you are growing in a closet, I like using panda film white side up on the floor. Nice thick plastic to make those inevitable spill easy to clean up. I pretty much incased my whole closet floor to ceiling with the stuff. Make everything easy to wipe down between grows and allows me to spray bug spray at various times during the grow. I see little bugs downstairs sometime as it warms here and that reminds me to go spray the room.

I had fungus gnats last grow and it makes me extra cautious. I use home defense, an insecticidal soap apray and sticky tape. Sort of like hammering a nail with a sledgehammer but that's me!

Ok so my closet is almost done. Im going to have to get some pics up soon I've done allot of work on this sucker. Next is getting seeds, has any one ever had any problems with the single seed center.

Ok so I have a 3'5" x 1'9" x 7' box in the closet. I am going to have 2, 4" hanging muffin fans attached to dryer venting, venting the hot air into another room through the door and another 4" can fan pushing cool air from the room into the closet. I'm going to be running 2 350w (85w equivalent), and 2 300w (65w equivalent) spiral cfl's, along with 2 175w (25w equivalent) tube style cfl's, for side lighting.

Back
Top Bottom