Second Grow- Need Advice

I might reverse that intake/outflow. If you put your can fan on teh exhaust it will assit the intake of fresh air. I've seen some people use a passive intake but it's better for it to have an assist.

Do you know what Kelvin or K or Color ( lke daylight, warm white, cool white) your cfl's are? You want a mix if you can get it. You lean to the 6500k ( Cool White) for veg and the 2700k ( Warm White) for flower.

I might reverse that intake/outflow. If you put your can fan on teh exhaust it will assit the intake of fresh air. I've seen some people use a passive intake but it's better for it to have an assist.

You were right. lol :bravo: I just got the closet painted today and the ventilation system all hooked up. I tried it my way first, and then tried it your way, and it was allot cooler in there your way. Good lookin out.
Well I have the seeds ordered and it looks like I'm only going to be able to do the train wreck for my friend do to some financial problems and other complications. But I am still stoked to be helping him out.
I also orderd my nutes and some cal-mag, so hopefully I will be up and running here in the next couple of weeks.

I'm also soaking it all in, and studying up on what I'm being told. Hey, I orderd the high feed sh nutes, do you think i will be alright with out a ppm meter if i weigh out my nutes and watch my ph close?

Sure, I did my first 3 or 4 grows without one. Just do a Drain and Replenish weekly to "re-set" the nutrient amounts.

and, hey, when MC takes you under his wing, you can't get any better advise. Remember to vote for him for Member of the Month for May. Polls are now open for voting, in the Contest Forums.

I'd just start out at about a 1/2 dose of those nutes and see how it goes. The high feed nutes are for HID lit grows for the most part and might, just might, be too "hot" for your cfl grow. Start at 1/2 dose, see how the plants do and then go to 3/4 and wait for a reaction. You can tell they are too much by looking at the tips of the leaves. If they start to burn you are right on the edge. If the leaves start to spot that's too hot and the fix is to remove a gallon of nuted water and replace it with a gallon of just plain ph'd water. We'll let the plant be your ppm meter.

well I finally found my camera and I am going to be getting some pics up in the next couple of days.
Hey guys thanks for the plus to my rep, I just don't know what that stuff means. I'm still catching up and playing with the user cp. But I promise I will be giving it back soon.

Interesting this thread won't let me go to page three another par for the course in my life. I just wanted to mention, didn't you get ph strips with your order? RM as he said did without the first three grows but what I didn't see him mention is that he used the strips. If you didn't get them you can get them locally and they are cheap. You might be able to use a fish tank liquid one as well which I suspect is a bit more accurate then the strips. Good luck and certainly come and visit us on the home page.

jessor, have you shown the pics yet? or started a thread? Please visit us here sometimes:

Im getting the pics up right now guys, also ya i got the ph test strips with my order and I still have another half a pack from my last grow. Good looking out though.

Image00517.jpg

Image00615.jpg

Image00715.jpg

Image00811.jpg

Image00911.jpg

Image01010.jpg

Image0116.jpg

here are those pics that i have been promising
still waiting on my seeds to come, hopefully they will be here any day now.

You need to read how to put up and resize pictures. These look like you put them up as thumb nails. Gives you something to do while waiting on your seeds.

It was Deep Water Culture with 6 bag seeds, all of them were male except one. She Grew into a 4' tall monster. I got some pics if you want to see them. Actually If you rely want to get technical about things you were the one that taught me hydro. I studied your bubble tutorial up and down for days, lol.

Ok so I got my seeds today and set up my bp unit. I got the seeds germinating and I soaked my air stones and pump all day. Sprayed down the room rely good with ortho home defence, then when it was dry placed the unit in and hooked it all up. My rock wool is still soaking. So hopefully I am ready to rock and role here soon.:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom