Second Grow- Need Advice

oder_controll.jpg

and here is my oder control

I was hoping to have it all done in about 10 weeks but to get a good yield maybe i will have to veg longer.

You can veg for 2 weeks and send them to flower, but you are right it will significantly hurt your yield. If you don't have to be done in 10 weeks, I recommend vegging for at least 4 weeks(I always do 5, cause I have the space and time).

Im going to end up vegging for 4 that way I can top them a few times too. How ever I woke up this morning to a travesty. One of my feeder tubes became disconected some time yesterday and one of the seeds that were starting to come up dried out. I reconnected the tube and I'm waiting to see what happens but I'm thinking that I am going to have to pop another seed to replace it.:oops:

Okay, so I have another seed germinating getting ready to pop right now. and I have two with their heads up and starting on their first set of true leaves.
Now here is my problem I want to put some nutes in that res for my babies that are up but I don't want to hurt the seedlings. Should I just wait until all of them are up, or would it hurt to toss in a 1/4 dose of nutes or maybe even less?

On two of them yes i have the real leaves but the other two are just seedlings still. I think this is where i went wrong the last time on my last grow too.

Yep this is where you have to be careful. I am going to defer to the more experienced growers cause I would only be guessing. Sometimes less is more. Ask the question in the home thread to get answers in the morning.

NOT YET!! Only add nutes when the second set of true leaves(not baby leaves) comes in. Then proceed with 1/4 nutes. You will have to be careful, adding any seedlings into the system at this point. If you add nutes then you cannot hook up the feeder tube to a seedling. You could top feed until it is big enough, but that is risky.

NOT YET!! Only add nutes when the second set of true leaves(not baby leaves) comes in. Then proceed with 1/4 nutes. You will have to be careful, adding any seedlings into the system at this point. If you add nutes then you cannot hook up the feeder tube to a seedling. You could top feed until it is big enough, but that is risky.
I knew this is where I screwed up the last grow!!!!!
Thank the gods that I asked this time. I haven't touched them and I haven't added any nutes.
:thanks:

Ok, so my babies got their first dose of nutes today, along with a drain and replenish. They got started on a quarter dose of grow. I was wondering about the cal-mag though, when to put it in and how much of a dose. I was also reading in the tips and trouble shooting guide to prevent algae a 3% hydrogen peroxide soulution the one teaspoon per gallon treatment, do I just leave that in the tank? Im going to be getting some more pix up soon.

Ok, so my babies got their first dose of nutes today, along with a drain and replenish. They got started on a quarter dose of grow. I was wondering about the cal-mag though, when to put it in and how much of a dose. I was also reading in the tips and trouble shooting guide to prevent algae a 3% hydrogen peroxide soulution the one teaspoon per gallon treatment, do I just leave that in the tank? Im going to be getting some more pix up soon.

Generally cal-mag isn't used until there is a deficiency, unless you're running RO water, or distilled water, or rain water. Other then that, the label has pretty clear instructions on how to use it. My tap water that's around 200PPMs (just borderline into the hard water area) has enough calcium and magnesium to keep things happy. I don't use any peroxide myself personally so I can't offer any advice for that. I've found with ample amounts of oxygen, and sub 80F temps in the res, I have not had any problems in that area.

Cal-Mag is for deficiencies and not needed this early in your grow.

If you are using cup covers, you don't need the peroxide now, but one spoon per gallon of water won't hurt, it might help with oxygen. How are the water temps? And YES, you leave it in.

I sort of disagree on the cal-mag but that is because I know my water is deficient. It does no harm to start with a quarter dose. RO water is sometimes deficient also. I look at it as more of a preventative but again it's because I know my water source.

Rose, I doubt your well water has that problem.

Back
Top Bottom