DWC advice

CannaSeedCollector

Hey guys, I'm about to start my grow but am stalling a little bit because I'm nervous on doing a DWC grow. I've never grown using this method and usually stuck to Soil or Coco don't know what to expect. I have some Chemdog Pakistani seeds I really don't care for so I'll be using these to test the waters. My plan is to grow them at least into 2 week veg using DWC and then killing them and starting over. Any advice will be more than kindly appreciated. Everything is already set up just waiting on some rockwool and hydroton.

Advice? :hmmmm: :thedoubletake:

Don't plant yer corn in the winter

What advice u needing?
Nutes
Buckets colors
Etc etc etc

Then maybe I can help
Do you flush in dwc?
Between veg and Flower do you have to flush? How do you go about switching nutes from veg to flower?
Is Keeping track of the ppm important if I keep the numbers low?
Can you germinate using rockwool, Hydroton?
How often do you have to check pH and ppm?
How often do you change the reservoir?
How do you keep reservoir temps low with a lot of roots in your reservoir?
Can an ice bottle touch your roots without doing harm to the plant?
Is there mini coolers for dwc?

Lol it feels so weird asking questions and getting advice when I'm usually the one doing the answering for questions and giving advice.. I feel like a newbie.

Hey guys, I'm about to start my grow but am stalling a little bit because I'm nervous on doing a DWC grow. I've never grown using this method and usually stuck to Soil or Coco don't know what to expect. I have some Chemdog Pakistani seeds I really don't care for so I'll be using these to test the waters. My plan is to grow them at least into 2 week veg using DWC and then killing them and starting over. Any advice will be more than kindly appreciated. Everything is already set up just waiting on some rockwool and hydroton.
I'm only on my second grow in RDWC, had couple problems first round, nothing to bad, this second grow has been smooth sailing no problems at all. (kinda learned a lot from guys like Chris Scorpio) thx bud.
This time around I've kept strict records of everything that goes into my RO water. Will gladly share any info I can..

Don't really flush in DWC

I watch ppm only to see if it's drinking or not, per attached chart

I don't like rockwool,prefer rapid rooters. Can't really germ in hydrotron

pH can fluctuate a lot, or not at all, so check accordingly at a minimum daily or two times a day

Rez change weekly

I live on the surface of the sun, rezz is ambient temperature 75-79deg, never an issue but I use hydroguard and z7 to help

Attachments

• AA7A4BCE-8025-478D-9473-F7FF59161AB6.jpeg
    AA7A4BCE-8025-478D-9473-F7FF59161AB6.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 82
Don't really flush in DWC

I watch ppm only to see if it's drinking or not, per attached chart

I don't like rockwool,prefer rapid rooters. Can't really germ in hydrotron

pH can fluctuate a lot, or not at all, so check accordingly at a minimum daily or two times a day

Rez change weekly

I live on the surface of the sun, rezz is ambient temperature 75-79deg, never an issue but I use hydroguard and z7 to help
Do you use hydroguard every time you make feed? Should I buy a lot?

Yes... both
I usually add nutes every time I top off the buckets and maintain same environment

A gal will last forever ya use 1/2t per gallon

Between veg and Flower do you have to flush? How do you go about switching nutes from veg to flower?
No you don't flush in Dwc
Is Keeping track of the ppm important if I keep the numbers low?
Keep track of ppm all throughout the grow. If the ppm is rising the mix is too strong. You want it to drop slightly everyday.
Can you germinate using rockwool, Hydroton?
Rapid Rooter's are better. Rockwool holds on to water and can drown seedlings.
How often do you have to check pH and ppm
Everyday
How often do you change the reservoir?
Once a week.

As the plant drinks it will use up the water in the bucket you have to top up the water in the bucket. You should keep the water about an inch below the net pot.

They drink daily, so as needed in between changes, ill add nuted water

I run DWC buckets not RDWC with a Rez
RDWC you can't tailer nutes to a specific plant, and I run a bunch of different ones at a time

Yes... both
I usually add nutes every time I top off the buckets and maintain same environment

A gal will last forever ya use 1/2t per gallon
Ok let's say I have my reservoir and I would like to add nutrients to a reservoir that's half full..Premix and pH the nutes and then add the amount to the water that's already in the reservoir then check pH again correct? What if I wanted to switch from Veg to flower..I would empty the res of veg nutes mix a batch of Flower nutes and that's it?

No that's DWC

RDWC is a rezz.....seperated,that fills buckets as they get eaten by the plants

A tub can be a pain to use as the plants get big and older

Great for starting,but you will probably want to move them to buckets around 3 weeks old

No that's DWC

RDWC is a rezz.....seperated,that fills buckets as they get eaten by the plants

A tub can be a pain to use as the plants get big and older

Great for starting,but you will probably want to move them to buckets around 3 weeks old
I have little space. I'm in a Ghost Pro 4ft tall 9 inches wide

Back
Top Bottom