DWC advice

Don't really flush in DWC

I watch ppm only to see if it's drinking or not, per attached chart

I don't like rockwool,prefer rapid rooters. Can't really germ in hydrotron

pH can fluctuate a lot, or not at all, so check accordingly at a minimum daily or two times a day

Rez change weekly

I live on the surface of the sun, rezz is ambient temperature 75-79deg, never an issue but I use hydroguard and z7 to help
Your water is 70 degrees?

No you don't flush in Dwc

Keep track of ppm all throughout the grow. If the ppm is rising the mix is too strong. You want it to drop slightly everyday.

Rapid Rooter's are better. Rockwool holds on to water and can drown seedlings.

Everyday

Once a week.
I flush in DWC. It only takes a couple days at the end, and if there are issues with the nutrients or pathogens of course.

Anything else I should get?
Rapidstart, its a great root builder, but you gotta have room for the roots. I like to use silica additives to help the plant with environmental issues, physical strength, and nutrient uptake... look up the benefits of Silica when you have time. Strong roots and a healthy Phloem /Xylem, the super highway that moves elements within the plant make a great combo. I also use a Cal Mag from Grow More. It has no Nitrogen in it, which can be an issue in flower

Rapidstart, its a great root builder, but you gotta have room for the roots. I like to use silica additives to help the plant with environmental issues, physical strength, and nutrient uptake... look up the benefits of Silica when you have time. Strong roots and a healthy Phloem /Xylem, the super highway that moves elements within the plant make a great combo. I also use a Cal Mag from Grow More. It has no Nitrogen in it, which can be an issue in flower
I wanted to share some pictures of the Rapidstart and Silica in action.

Just to avoid the bullshit Im going to stick with the coco
BOOO! Haha. DWC is great. It was the first method I've used. Dont get me wrong, when things go sideways, sooner or later it will, its awful. I just had a terrible time with my system but, when it works, it really works. I once had a grow that did 27oz with 2 plants. I just did 11 with one last season, but I try to grow the biggest plants I can. Its fast. My plants are growing an inch a day in width right now WITH Magnesium issues. These plants were started at the same time.
With a little help from your friends you can build a crazy rig, and crank out some cool hydro. If not now, maybe someday. Good luck man

Cool cabinet bud. I love a good stealth grow. You have already been given some great advice above. I totally agree on Rapid Rooters for starting from seed. Also using a larger(taller) reservoir :thumb:

Really it comes down to what is an acceptable yield for one grow? Will you be happy with 2oz of nugs? 4oz?
With your current setup you have a lot of room for vertical growth but your UFO light will only penetrate so far down...lets say 24" of canopy penetration for your light & that's probably generous. You could veg your six sites to 12" tall then flip to flower. That might get you a 24" tall plant after flowering stretch. Stretch varies of course we are talking approximates here.

In my experience you could net an easy 8+ grams per site. I vegged these to 10" and flipped. The tallest were 18" tall and firm nugs down to the foam puck.

IMG_20191208_134340864.jpg

So if 2-3 zips is enough of a haul to bring a smile to your face then you could work with what you have.
Ya just have to get things dialed in. Might take you a few grows. Took me a few lol.

Cool cabinet bud. I love a good stealth grow. You have already been given some great advice above. I totally agree on Rapid Rooters for starting from seed. Also using a larger(taller) reservoir :thumb:

Really it comes down to what is an acceptable yield for one grow? Will you be happy with 2oz of nugs? 4oz?
With your current setup you have a lot of room for vertical growth but your UFO light will only penetrate so far down...lets say 24" of canopy penetration for your light & that's probably generous. You could veg your six sites to 12" tall then flip to flower. That might get you a 24" tall plant after flowering stretch. Stretch varies of course we are talking approximates here.

In my experience you could net an easy 8+ grams per site. I vegged these to 10" and flipped. The tallest were 18" tall and firm nugs down to the foam puck.

IMG_20191208_134340864.jpg

So if 2-3 zips is enough of a haul to bring a smile to your face then you could work with what you have.
Ya just have to get things dialed in. Might take you a few grows. Took me a few lol.
Rapid Rooters are great. Maybe a SCROG would be a good idea for him. He could point them each each in a different direction.

Back
Top Bottom