Second Grow- Need Advice

hmmmmmmmmm maybe that is why my grow was slower when I started using ro water. I had to change after the heavy rains this winter. Next grow back to my well water with the high ppm which I will test and take into consideration when adding nutes.

Wow I am learning. Hard hard water here but I know it has some good stuff in it.

I had less issues when I used it so I will go back to it. It was just a problem with all the rain it changed. I should have gone back to it when it evened out. I didn't really have any issues with the first grow but the second I did and I really think it was the pure water. I had thought that from the beginning but didn't know the science behind it. I don't even have a water softener in my house cause the calcium is good for me just not the pipes.

I am glad you recovered from you binge yesterday.

I sort of disagree on the cal-mag but that is because I know my water is deficient. It does no harm to start with a quarter dose. RO water is sometimes deficient also. I look at it as more of a preventative but again it's because I know my water source.

Rose, I doubt your well water has that problem.

Yep, my well water is heavey laden with minerals and I know without a doubt you are definitely the Cal-Mag Expert, for sure.

jessor, listen to MC, if he thinks you need it, then you need it.

Ok...... so I'm back, so here are how the last few days have gone and what I'm looking at.

7/5- room temp 78, res temp 72, ph 7.0 brought it down to 6.2 in two steps
7/6- room temp 76, res temp 72, ph 6.7 brought it down to 6.2 in one step
7/7- room temp 78, res temp 70, ph 7.0 brought it down to 6.0 in two steps
7/8- room temp 82, res temp 74, ph 6.7 brought it down to 6.0 in one step.

every day they have been drinking about a quarter of a gallon of water and I have been draining the rest of the gallon out and replaceing it with a fresh gallon with about 1/2 tsp of ph down and 1/4 tsp grow, along with 1 tsp 3% hydrogen peroxide.

7-8-10-6.jpg

7-8-10-5.jpg

7-8-10-4.jpg

7-8-10-1.jpg

I sort of disagree on the cal-mag but that is because I know my water is deficient. It does no harm to start with a quarter dose. RO water is sometimes deficient also. I look at it as more of a preventative but again it's because I know my water source.

Rose, I doubt your well water has that problem.

I'm just using water right out of my tap, and what is a dose exactly with this stuff all It gives me for hydro is a ppm chart and that kinda leaves me sol because I don't have a ppm meter.

Ok so I am going to get some more pix up tomorrow but yesterday they went to 72 hours of strait dark and I am begining the 12/12 cycle after that. I have to say they are looking far better than that last batch I did.
Thanks guys for all the help!!!
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom