The Deep Water Culture Home

Hello Deep Water Culture, gotta quick question. I am planing on going to flower on Friday. Does anyone have any suggestion's on technique going into this stage such nute change, light schedule, supplements, etc. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Hello Deep Water Culture, gotta quick question. I am planing on going to flower on Friday. Does anyone have any suggestion's on technique going into this stage such nute change, light schedule, supplements, etc. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

The old heads around here suggest two weeks of grow nutes before going to bloom nutes. There may even be a cycle down like half nutes the second week of flower. RoseMan has the answers or Mostly Crazy or several others. I'm sure they'll respond:goodluck:

i went 36 hours dark before i started 12/12, i don't know if it helped but it did not hurt. i would go with nute manufactures suggestion on nutes or just under there ppm level less is better than more.:tokin:

The day before you switch it's been reported that doing at least 24 hrs and up to 36 hrs of darkness (will do wonders for your plants ) than switch to 12/12 , keep using veg nutes untill your fist res change than start your bloom nutes ...:peace:

Good Afternoon Deep Water Culture !!

MmMMmmm !! Gorgeous Weather here in Oregon today,, mostly Overcast right now and suppose to break up into SunShine with a HIGH of 75 Degrees.. :) .. Gotta LOVE the nice cool Days in the middle of Summer time !! !!

My Birthday is coming up here real soon,, next Tuesday I believe (July 20th).. I'll be accepting Birthday Presents beginning this Week but not later than next Tuesday.. LoL .. Just kidding !! !!

On a more SERIOUS Note,, I have a few Questions about starting Seeds in my new Mystified Cloner.. If anyone knows much about them,, or has any Thoughts or Suggestions for this I would love to hear them.. Im not even sure if its possible,, as Ive never owned one before.. But it seems like it would work great to me ?? ??

Well I hope Everyone is having a GREAT Day so far today,, and an even BETTER rest of the Afternoon !! !!

:)

Ol Hippy has it right! You do a res change around the time you flip to 12/12 and on the next res change hit them with the same level of flower nutes that you were using for grow.

RD, not sure you can use the cloner to start seeds. Might be able to switch it to small net pots but I've never heard of or tried that.

Ol Hippy has it right! You do a res change around the time you flip to 12/12 and on the next res change hit them with the same level of flower nutes that you were using for grow.

RD, not sure you can use the cloner to start seeds. Might be able to switch it to small net pots but I've never heard of or tried that.

Mr.MostlyCrazy..

Im not sure either,, but it sounds like a good idea to me.. I have the little 2.5 or 3 inch Net Pots,, theyre a little bigger than the 2 inch Neoprene Inserts though so they wouldnt fit in the same Holes.. And I dont want to drill the bigger Holes in my new Cloner if it wont work for some reason.. Just thought I would throw it out here in the Forum and see what the Deep Water Culture thoughts were on the Idea.. ..

Thank You for Responding all the same.. ..

Good Afternoon Deep Water Culture !!
I have a few Questions about starting Seeds in my new Mystified Cloner.. If anyone knows much about them,, or has any Thoughts or Suggestions for this I would love to hear them.. Im not even sure if its possible,, as Ive never owned one before.. But it seems like it would work great to me ?? ?? [/COLOR][/I][/B]

Well I hope Everyone is having a GREAT Day so far today,, and an even BETTER rest of the Afternoon !! !!

start SEEDS in a CLONER?

uhhh,,,duhhhhh?????

I vegged with a single 250mh and no addl. lighting for 38 days exactly (long story) and they are 15 days in flower so 53 days (7 1/2 weeks) since they germed. AK48's are suposed to finish in...ready............48 days. Mine'll go longer as I'm no pro.....AND...... I LOVE me them AN 3 part nutes. They are worry-free. I havent added ANYTHING to the water except that I pH my r/o tap water to 6 or so. (It comes out at 9-9.5) and the AN buffers keeps it 5.8-6.2. I am only running 900ppm... any more and they claw and spot. I think my AN nutes are superior to anything I've tried to date, including: FF & GH & the stock SH nutes that come with the set-up. However, those are my
2nd fav......enuff of me......HGH

I vegged with a single 250mh and no addl. lighting for 38 days exactly (long story) and they are 15 days in flower so 54 days since they germed. AK48's are suposed to finish in...ready............48 days. Mine'll go longer as I'm no pro. I LOVE me them AN 3 part nutes. They are worry-free. I havent added ANYTHING to the water except that I pH my r/o tap water to 6 or so. (It comes out at 9-9.5) I am only running 900ppm, any more and they claw and spot. I think my AN nutes are superior to anything I've tried to dats, includinf FF & GH & the stock SH nutes that come with the set-up. However, they are my 2nd fav......enuff of me......HGH

The AK-48's have never failed to be ready 48 days after they are 48 days from being ready.

Right on Boot, Mine flowered for 10 wks !! AK48 means you'll only have 48 hairs left after all the nail bitting and hair twirling ...are they done yet ..are they done yet ,..etc

OK, I'm back! Knocked my nephew on his ass! Told him so! He ain't playing washer anymore today! I knew he was going when he couldn;t get within 3' of the box! Made sure he was on the other team! He called me the B word, giggled and then hit the couch! I am not alone in my reaction! LOL!

I got 10 nice sized BB's of scissor hash. Most of it from the Mazar. Stuff was very resinous this grow. I credit my torture. I did it a couple of days earlier this time. About 11 days out as it turned out and one extra day of darkness. 3 days instead of 2.

I'll be cutting mid sized buds into jars later. It's been humid here lately and it's drying slower than usual but that's ok. Room humidity around 52% so I doubt it's high enough to cause a proble other than a slightly slower dry to jars.

When I bought all three of my meters (two cheapies and one good one as it turns out) none came with solution. When I was messing with the second cheapie I got a order with those little packs. It comes with 4.0, 7.01 and 10.01. One the cheapies I had to use the screwdriver adjustment but my newest one had a calibration button. I stick it in the 7.01, push the calibration button and it seeks until it finds a number which so far has been less than .02 off and that's close enough for me.

Here's a very rough chart for the PH on household items.

pH Value

Acid rain

Ammonia water

Apple juice 2.9 - 3.3

Baking soda 8.0

Borax 9.2

Distilled water

Drinking water 6.5 - 8

Eggs
7.6 - 8

Grapes
3.5 - 4.5

Grapefruit juice 3 - 3.3

Human blood
7.35 - 7.45

Human saliva 6.3 - 6.6

Hydrochloric acid

Lemon juice 2.3

Lime 1.8 - 2

Limewater

Milk of magnesia

Normal rain 5.7

Orange juice 3 - 4

Sea water 7.36 - 8.21

Soda lye 14.0

Sour milk 4.3 - 4.5

Stomach juice 1 - 3

Sulfuric acid 0.3

Tomato & tomato juice 4.2

Vinegar 2.4 - 3.4

White bread 5 - 6

So, can I calibrate my pH meter to 7.0 by just buying a plastic bottle of distilled water?? That would be cool.....the blood thing, not so much..:blunt:

start SEEDS in a CLONER?

uhhh,,,duhhhhh?????

Mr.Roseman..

Forgive me for being a Dumbass and thinking that this Fog/Myst "Cloner" Environment might be perfect for a Seed.. It was just a thought I had,, so I figured asking about it in this Forum would be a good Idea,, at least,, a better Idea than quite possibly wasting the expensive Seeds.. .. lol

Oh well,, it was just a thought.. .. Back to the Drawing Board.. .. lol

Actually... If you can get the beans popped, and a root hanging down.. that might not be a bad way to start. They claim that it's superior growth comes from the huge amounts of DO available to the roots.

Back
Top Bottom