The Flower Box MK2

Today we installed the HPS. There is a heat wave going on here, so this new installation has things running hotter than before.
image10963.jpg
image10962.jpg

Also the culprit for dropping leaves was identified as poor air circulation. 2 Fans were added.

Will do 2K3.
BUT Why? (IF you don't mind me asking)
AND would it be a good idea to de-chlorinate the water 1st?

This is an ebb & flow tray, right? When I change my res, I will sometimes back flush with straight tap water. There isn't a LOT of chloramide in most municipal water, so the goal is to get the amount down to an insignificant amount. So I will back flush with many gallons of tap, but I rinse that with a much smaller amount of RO before mixing the new res.

Back flushing is one of the things I like most about ebb & flow since the system is already setup to remove the water :)

Don't worry too much about the chlorine. You just don't want to make a 50g reservoir full of tap water. The roots would not like to bathed in it. The little bit that says on the media from the rinse will be diluted by the several orders of magnitude larger volume of nutrients.

hmmm just had a thought... this assumes you run sterile. If you're trying to maintain a colony of beneficial bacteria, then the tap water is a bigger concern. I use DM Zone anyway, so a little chlorine doesn't hurt me. Now my soil/coco plants are different. They NEVER get tap because that soil is alive and the chlorine would kill the bioactivity I work so hard to cultivate :)

They look great, so you're doing fine. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom