The new grower here hello all please help me

The new grower

Hello everyone I’m new here and I have some questions about my plants it’s been 11 days still no signs of sex on 12/12. The plants have been topped and are now over seven weeks old with alternating nodes on the newer growth. I have messed up a few times and went in there with my cellphone light during dark hours. It was less than two minutes and I have done it only twice and advice would be greatly appreciated. It’s a sativa dominant hybrid from the looks of it. And one is full Indica. These came from a bag of two separate smokes.

Attachments

• DFC75C93-E09A-4C3A-9D7B-A48FAC2F680D.jpeg
    DFC75C93-E09A-4C3A-9D7B-A48FAC2F680D.jpeg
    757 KB · Views: 180
  • 3FDD504B-5607-4B23-A05F-3FB6587B5843.jpeg
    3FDD504B-5607-4B23-A05F-3FB6587B5843.jpeg
    600.6 KB · Views: 170
  • 199E9DB9-407B-46C9-BA7D-F6E73125F25A.jpeg
    199E9DB9-407B-46C9-BA7D-F6E73125F25A.jpeg
    644.1 KB · Views: 173
I will be getting a 300 watt led in the next two weeks will that make a huge difference also I have used no nutrients I’ve done natural soil amendments. Banana peels, egg shells, pot ash, and coffee grounds to be exact and I used old miracle grow potting soil. The lights I have on them now are a 28 watt led full spectrum and a 43 watt cfl

Lights are the most important single item to grow good Meds besides seeds

couldn’t have said it any better. I always stear new growers to buy the best light they can afford.

You’ve done great with what you have. That should not be underestimated. I’m sure you learned a lot. You could make a killer living soil with those amendments.

I’d love you to start a grow journal and tag me with the @ before my name.

that being said yield will be low due to your limited light.

to see what your new light can do for you my current journal is under a 250 (true watt) led and I’m super happy. I’m almost at 8 weeks veg

you will see the potential a good light like the fine people at @Budget LED offer

best of luck. Keep up the work it will pay off!!

Silver :Namaste:

You’ve done great with what you have. That should not be underestimated. I’m sure you learned a lot. You could make a killer living soil with those amendments.

I’d love you to start a grow journal and tag me with the @ before my name.

that being said yield will be low due to your limited light.

to see what your new light can do for you my current journal is under a 250 (true watt) led and I’m super happy. I’m almost at 8 weeks veg

you will see the potential a good light like the fine people at @Budget LED offer

best of luck. Keep up the work it will pay off!!
[/QUOTE

Thank you so much for the advice and the compliments. It really means a lot coming from a seasoned grower. I would really love some advice for a budget led light something with the power i need and preferably something that has a veg and bloom switch

5'x3' space and 4 plants will cost a lot more than $100 for lights

A simple Mars or Viperspektra are $100 and do one plant, or two small ones

It’s true. We all started this hobby and got the sticker shock for lighting. But once you realize that thing is going to last for a long time it doesn’t hurt as bad.

I probably got 20-25 grows out of my old light. Paid 150 for it (600w my/hps). So that’s like 6$/ grow. Or to go by month it was like a 1.5$ per month.

i just upgraded from my first light. After 5 years and it has nothing wrong with it. I just wanted to go with LED so I could run perpetual for the same price.

good luck

we are here to answer any questions you might have

Watts get tricky with the blurple. Don’t read that and think it replaces a 1000 hps/mh. I’ve never ran one not sure if @Chris Scorpio has an option.

I’d guess you could get one or two under it but I honestly am guessing. Let’s see what others have to say.

does it mention what it actually pulls in watts from the wall?

you’re moving in the right direction and you know your budget best. It’s definitely an upgrade over the cfl

:green_heart:

there's an app you can get for your phone called "green hydroponic light" or something like that. i've been using that to peak at lights out for a while now.

Welcome @The new grower those plants look awesome! I started not a year ago under a incandescant grow bulb in a desk lamp! My first plant started in a coffee can and i made a denim bag for it out of old bluejeans! Since then I've grown the operation a bit lol but love to see my roots coming along behind me.

I have two lamps kinda like that but purple...they are BRUTAL to look at but grow fine weed. One plant each really I'd say you could stretch 4 under two but really not very well and don't expect 6 ounce plants. But you can pull a ounce or two plant off that light easy. Stick with white light don't buy burples, too much grief all around about them.

Now if you want to go real diy build yourself a cfl monstrosity! I have a beast with 12 bulbs in it somewhere in my journal lol! At the price you are paying for that technology though I wouldnt bother to buy a used burple like Mars Hydro or Viparspectra unless you got it for a steal. I have ttwo Mars 300's that grow fine weed but i got them for like 30 bucks each.

More light will really surprise you on what your plants will do! I'd say let them bush up before you trim more off...you can use longer growth trimmed later for clones! CHeers mate, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

Welcome @The new grower those plants look awesome! I started not a year ago under a incandescant grow bulb in a desk lamp! My first plant started in a coffee can and i made a denim bag for it out of old bluejeans! Since then I've grown the operation a bit lol but love to see my roots coming along behind me.

I have two lamps kinda like that but purple...they are BRUTAL to look at but grow fine weed. One plant each really I'd say you could stretch 4 under two but really not very well and don't expect 6 ounce plants. But you can pull a ounce or two plant off that light easy. Stick with white light don't buy burples, too much grief all around about them.

Now if you want to go real diy build yourself a cfl monstrosity! I have a beast with 12 bulbs in it somewhere in my journal lol! At the price you are paying for that technology though I wouldnt bother to buy a used burple like Mars Hydro or Viparspectra unless you got it for a steal. I have ttwo Mars 300's that grow fine weed but i got them for like 30 bucks each.

More light will really surprise you on what your plants will do! I'd say let them bush up before you trim more off...you can use longer growth trimmed later for clones! CHeers mate, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

Yes!

if you seen how many lights i've bought since i've started growing you'd lol at me. i started with blurples, then to cob / blurple, now just finally to quantum boards. now trying to sell off my old lights that i have 7 to find buyers for now lol. not easy in this little town, so i'd say save up for something great that's gonna do you well for the next few years.

let the grow roll the way you have it, and learn as much as you can. then when you have the cash buy a sick light that you're gonna feel good about.

they make some pretty sick corn cob lights that are about $20 and will blind you.

Back
Top Bottom