The Outdoor 8

slosmokin

Varieties:
Cherry Pie: Genetics are debated, most likely durban poison is in the mix.
Girl Scout Cookies: Genetics are debated
Grand Ak47: GDP x Ak47
Indohaze: Afghani IBL x (skunk x haze)
Kandy Kush: Trainwreck x OG Kush
Ultra Diesel : Sour Diesel x Mk Ultra
Black Water Og: Mendo Purps x OG Kush
Blue Dream: Blueberry x Haze

Planted May 18th after hardening off for 2 weeks.
The soil is a smorgasbord of assorted poop, meals, and powders. Blended in with mostly Soil Sanctuary, but also some Roots organics, and fox farm including some from previous grows. I have 2 girls planted in 3ft x 6ft raised planters.
I am currently alternating plain water and compost teas, and some kelp for foliar sprays.

Here are some pics taken 5-27
GSC-5-27.JPG

BLUEDREAM-5-27.JPG

ULTRADIESEL-5-27.JPG

BLACKWATER-5-27.JPG

INDOHAZE-5-27.JPG

CHERRYPIE-5-27.JPG

GRANDAK47-5-27.JPG

KANDYKUSH-5-27.JPG

Here are a couple more pics. The first is taken 4/28 of the girls as babies, the second three are my cage building project. In years past I have struggled with support and staking towards the end of harvest, I end up with huge girls that grow as they please. I also had a incident last year where harsh winds broke a branch on one of my ladies during flower. This resulted in providing grade "D" popcorn bud, that i threw in the compost. So I got serious, I purchased a roll of concrete reinforcement wire, and 1/2 rebar. I saw this design on a few videos on Youtube, just type in diy tomato cage.
20130428_155651.jpg

20130527_100327.jpg

20130527_100403.jpg

20130527_100412.jpg

Sexy plants, I think its a good idea as well to harden them for couple weeks!! Im doing the same, but I started on the 5/24th, 2 weeks old today!.
Have fun raising this babies.

Sexy plants, I think its a good idea as well to harden them for couple weeks!! Im doing the same, but I started on the 5/24th, 2 weeks old today!.
Have fun raising this babies.

Thanks for stopping in. Avoiding shock is very important to me, I have many steps I take. First I harden off starting in full shade and gradually moving them to full sun. I like the girls roots to fill a 1gal container about 12-16" tall before putting in the earth. I transplant at night and use rhizotonic, and trinity mixed with filtered water (not ro, I have a big boy 2 part filter). I then wake up at dawn and foliar spray with nitrozyme.

subscribed. you already answered my question about the cages. what program do you use to add the names of the cannabis plants to the photographs?

Glad to have you on board king. I use a program named Photoscape to edit my pics. Its easy to use, and has some nice features.

Updates.
Looking good out in the garden, I put a inch of coconut fiber a friend gave me on top of the soil. I need to get some actual mulch, I was thinking about coconut husk. Anyone have any thoughts on types of mulch for cannabis? Here are some pics, the tallest girl Kandy Kush was 42". Grand Ak47 came in at just round 2ft as the smallest.

IMG_27795.JPG

IMG_27783.JPG

IMG_27764.JPG

IMG_27742.JPG

They are sexy looking ladies. Rhizotonic is def. a must use when transplant, I bought one as well, did the same, and im SO happy about it, plants seems to love it. Might do some foliar feeding today! with 0.5ML/l and fish oil, 1/3 strength.

Irie, good vibrations to them girls and you :)

Super sweet outdoor set up.. Will be watching your grow unfold throughout the months SLO! Killer line up, Cherry pie is looking quite beastly already :thumb:
:peace: CA215

Thanks for the kind words, that Cherry pie is a monster. I am going to have my hands full trying to control her. I stopped by your journal and your setup is nice, your Blue Dream especially is impressive, better start sharpening your chainsaw bud.

They are sexy looking ladies. Rhizotonic is def. a must use when transplant, I bought one as well, did the same, and im SO happy about it, plants seems to love it. Might do some foliar feeding today! with 0.5ML/l and fish oil, 1/3 strength.

Irie, good vibrations to them girls and you :)

Thank you as well! Rhiz is a must in my gardening setup. I ran across it while running Canna in my hydro setup. I would also suggest Nitrozyme, a bit pricey but it works well for me. (Beware, it is strong stuff! a little goes a long ways.)

Updates,
Things are going well. I removed some of the really low leaves and branches, they end up falling on the dirt generally. I also purchased some seeds, I chose Tom Hill's breeders pack, Pineapple Chunk, and my buddy is going to run the William's Wonder seeds.

IMG_28187.JPG

IMG_28155.JPG

IMG_28174.JPG

IMG_28046.JPG

IMG_28005.JPG

Really reaches for every bit of light it can.
IMG_28035.JPG

IMG_27945.JPG

IMG_27974.JPG

IMG_27915.JPG

IMG_27924.JPG

Sorry Labeled Wrong Below, actually Kandy Kush
IMG_27865.JPG

Above is Kandy Kush

IMG_27813.JPG

IMG_27831.JPG

IMG_28086.JPG

Theres not much to be said, but theres much to behold. :bravo::ganjamon:

Updates
Lots of growth over the last couple weeks, I have been topping and super-cropping the aggressive girls. I did have a hiccup 2 weeks ago, the temperatures soared to above a 100F for a few days. One girl in particular Ultra Diesel did not do well with the high temps. It resulted in a couple crispy leave tips and margins. It happened to a leave or 2 on a couple plants, but the diesel had about 20 leaves effected. Other than some ugly leaves and slower growth, not much to fuss about. Girls are starting to flower right about now, and I am seeing a stretch on a few. Here's some pics taken this morning.

IMG_29124.JPG

IMG_29154.JPG

IMG_29204.JPG

IMG_2926.JPG

IMG_29134.JPG

IMG_29144.JPG

IMG_29223.JPG

IMG_29383.JPG

IMG_29423.JPG

IMG_29433.JPG

I love your plants dude, light irradiates from em! :Rasta:

Back