The RDWC Club

Whoot!

Nice little club we have here.

I'll share some shots of my 5x5 setup very soon!

For now, here's my little RADDWC system as it evolved.

420-magazine-mobile959343744.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1959881960.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1706729394.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1121227181.jpg
420-magazine-mobile680237569.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1807529764.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1484218538.jpg
420-magazine-mobile93732894.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1889118191.jpg
420-magazine-mobile63408385.jpg
420-magazine-mobile728608597.jpg
Hi, that looks like that $100 chiller with the fan. How is it working?

Hi guys.. Random question.. not so random actually. Just a question I had since the last grow and can't recall if I asked or if someone answered.. easier just to ask again!

Res's. Is it necessary to completely change out the water or can you just add in the water and then add nutrients to that water you added in. I'm wondering if I'm wasting the water that I drain every so many weeks when I could just be supplementing it.

Hi guys.. Random question.. not so random actually. Just a question I had since the last grow and can't recall if I asked or if someone answered.. easier just to ask again!

Res's. Is it necessary to completely change out the water or can you just add in the water and then add nutrients to that water you added in. I'm wondering if I'm wasting the water that I drain every so many weeks when I could just be supplementing it.

You can augment your nutrients as the water level goes down. I use an autofill valve on my reservoir so all i do is check the PPM and add as i need to. You should get as much as the old water out as you can during a change but its not the end of the world if you have a couple inches in the res. Just watch your Ph and PPM and you should be fine

You can augment your nutrients as the water level goes down. I use an autofill valve on my reservoir so all i do is check the PPM and add as i need to. You should get as much as the old water out as you can during a change but its not the end of the world if you have a couple inches in the res. Just watch your Ph and PPM and you should be fine

So no real need to drain and start back over ? wasn't sure if there is something left over in the water that might be a bad thing.. I'm guessing when you switch from veg to flower you would drain

So no real need to drain and start back over ? wasn't sure if there is something left over in the water that might be a bad thing.. I'm guessing when you switch from veg to flower you would drain
Drain as much as you can when you a change every few weeks. Do this to start over with the nutes. Plants take in different nutrients at differing rate. It doesnt take long until its impossible to know where your nutrient strength is in potash, for instance. If you can try a auto fill valve... one of my favorite pieces in my hydro and it only cost 12 bucks

I never drain going from veg to flower. I like to have some veg nutes into the first 3 weeks of flowering until stretch. If I start boom nutes after the first week of stretch I feel my veg nutes are pretty much out of my rez by the 3rd week.
Also if you use something like Flying Skull Z7 to take care of the slime you can run a rez pretty long without draining. I've been know to go 3-4 weeks without a change.

I never drain going from veg to flower. I like to have some veg nutes into the first 3 weeks of flowering until stretch. If I start boom nutes after the first week of stretch I feel my veg nutes are pretty much out of my rez by the 3rd week.
Also if you use something like Flying Skull Z7 to take care of the slime you can run a rez pretty long without draining. I've been know to go 3-4 weeks without a change.

I do it about every 3 weeks, but only because of the nute concentration like i described. I like your grow to bloom method.

I do it about every 3 weeks, but only because of the nute concentration like i described. I like your grow to bloom method.
Always seemed to me that stretch is where you might need a bit more nitrogen found more in veg nutes. Once stretch is over then it needs more p&k for the flowers.

Always seemed to me that stretch is where you might need a bit more nitrogen found more in veg nutes. Once stretch is over then it needs more p&k for the flowers.

Makes sence. Just chill with the nitrogen. Nitrogen toxicity is no joke. Shouldnt be an issue with your method unless you add more N... probably a nonissue

Do you guys have any problems with uniseals cracking? All 4 of my original ones did and now this current setup it's looking like they're cracking again. it's all in the same spot it appears.

here's a photo from the one I replaced originally and the other one as well

0815182049-jpg.1591372

0815182049a-jpg.1591373

I'm wondering if it's a common issue or if I just got bad uni's

Do you guys have any problems with uniseals cracking? All 4 of my original ones did and now this current setup it's looking like they're cracking again. it's all in the same spot it appears.

here's a photo from the one I replaced originally and the other one as well

0815182049-jpg.1591372

0815182049a-jpg.1591373

I'm wondering if it's a common issue or if I just got bad uni's

Man, that sucks. To be honest ive never used them. Ive always used bulkheads. If it happens in the same spot i wonder if there is a sharp area that is starting a tear.

Man, that sucks. To be honest ive never used them. Ive always used bulkheads. If it happens in the same spot i wonder if there is a sharp area that is starting a tear.

same spot more so I mean one all of them.., I had 4 of them with this tear .. they were fine for the entire grow but then when I emptied thats where I noticed them..

same spot more so I mean one all of them.., I had 4 of them with this tear .. they were fine for the entire grow but then when I emptied thats where I noticed them..

you think they dried out? I wonder if a dab of Vaseline would help. Man i wish i knew more about them

Back
Top Bottom