TheNarrator Learns to Grow - Multi-Strain - LED

Hmmm Can you do coconut oil? Edibles rock ;D And trim is like 'eat me' ;3

Yeah I don't know what strain she is, but the frost is kinda thick... Even on the fan leaves lol. I'll be making cookies with those you can be sure. She's starting to bulk up, I'm looking at 3-4~ weeks to go, it's sort of an experiment, well it is lol. I'll get the write up done properly when I have the time. The blurry but proof photo is my new mistycloner. Cost all of like 12$, and it's 100% successful. Stick a cutting in, forget about it, check it a day or week or two later, and you have nice roots. Goes great with the mothers in thier room :D

Possibly, or could do something savoury with EVOO maybe but didn't get heaps of 2 Fast 2 Vast anyway so will reconsider when the other 2 get chopped.

was just reading your scrog thread and your girls grew so much in those few weeks! Thinking your final product is gonna be realllllllll nice.

Not even sure what a mistycloner is! but it looks real cool, are the clones rooting upside down?

I have no clue what evoo is. I kind of don't even want to google it lol. But as long as it has oil in it, like not petrolium oil... it'll be good. Or you could do an alcohol tincture too. You should definately experiment with edibles though. It could be something you'll really like. Mmmm but missing out on cookies... man. Harsh. :/

Yeah, we'll see how things go. The big thing is, I could go down there tomorrow and find mold all over everything. XD that's my world for the next three weeks, unless the duct tape does something.

A mistycloner or mist cloner, is a fountain mist maker in a container of water. You hold the cutting in a collar over the container and it pumps out vapor and the roots bathe in 101% RH and just grow roots downward. lol. The unit costs like 9$ on amazn. If I cut some more holes in the bucket I can make more clones, or put it in a bigger container, and cut as many holes as I need. I have no idea what the top volume output would be, but for ease and cost, scaling it woudln't be much of an issue I could see. If you think you're ever going to need to clone, this is the way to go.

Oh, on edibles. To activate them, you need to decarboxilate the weed. This is done by heat, very quickly, like instantaneously smoked, but otherwise, in a oven, even a microwave for a short bit of time. Basically, if you're going to cook something, make sure it's not cooked at really high heat for a really long time.

I have no clue what evoo is. I kind of don't even want to google it lol. But as long as it has oil in it, like not petrolium oil... it'll be good. Or you could do an alcohol tincture too. You should definately experiment with edibles though. It could be something you'll really like. Mmmm but missing out on cookies... man. Harsh. :/

Yeah, we'll see how things go. The big thing is, I could go down there tomorrow and find mold all over everything. XD that's my world for the next three weeks, unless the duct tape does something.

A mistycloner or mist cloner, is a fountain mist maker in a container of water. You hold the cutting in a collar over the container and it pumps out vapor and the roots bathe in 101% RH and just grow roots downward. lol. The unit costs like 9$ on amazn. If I cut some more holes in the bucket I can make more clones, or put it in a bigger container, and cut as many holes as I need. I have no idea what the top volume output would be, but for ease and cost, scaling it woudln't be much of an issue I could see. If you think you're ever going to need to clone, this is the way to go.

Oh, on edibles. To activate them, you need to decarboxilate the weed. This is done by heat, very quickly, like instantaneously smoked, but otherwise, in a oven, even a microwave for a short bit of time. Basically, if you're going to cook something, make sure it's not cooked at really high heat for a really long time.

:laughtwo: my bad, just extra virgin olive oil! Yeah it sucks, forcing myself to miss out on a few things at the moment but if I get the results that I'm after it will be worth it.

It looks like you've got plenty of air movement in there at least, surely that will be enough movement through the canopy to stop mold settling in.

Oh right that makes sense, dunno what I was thinking there :smokin: sounds like a bargain! Haven't got the space to be cloning at the moment... One day.

Oh right, yeah olive oil works. But you could use coconut oil and make cookies...... I know, but worry helps be not be lazy lol.

You need to take some trich pics!

You need to take some trich pics!

Been trying! my phones not really up to the task at all but apparently can trade it in for an upgrade so hopefully I can get something with decent macro :)

These are the best I've been able to get so far

also got some photos of the elusive Pineapple sisters coming later on

The larger stems seem to be reaching the fail stage so will go into jars later today, looking forward to using the additional space to put some wire trellis around the tent walls and use it to spread the Pineapple Chunks out properly and get some more light into them

Those are nice looking buds :)

Have you seen that microscope that you can stick on the back of a smartphone? Goes by tons of names, but the 60-120x thing for like 10-12$? Google a 420scope.

What I did in my potted plants was just use string to pull the branches out then taped the ends to the pot. I used painters tape, so I could adjust the guy lines as needed. I really miss being able to rotate my girls and pull them out and inspect them closely everywhere...

Those are nice looking buds :)

Have you seen that microscope that you can stick on the back of a smartphone? Goes by tons of names, but the 60-120x thing for like 10-12$? Google a 420scope.

What I did in my potted plants was just use string to pull the branches out then taped the ends to the pot. I used painters tape, so I could adjust the guy lines as needed. I really miss being able to rotate my girls and pull them out and inspect them closely everywhere...

Thanks :) I'm definitely happy with the level of frost on them, have never had buds like that in my possession.

Just jarring them up at the moment, hygrometers will be arriving tomorrow so will do some calibrating with the salt test and then see where I am at!

Just looked up the scopes then, reckon I will invest in one soon. Ideally I would love to have a desktop microscope with USB or a built in camera as my hands aren't the steadiest (not helpful for looking through tiny loupes or taking cool bud photos) but can't afford that just yet.

Painters tape would be a super handy thing to have around, going to add some to my increasingly crammed box of 'growing stuff'.
Because my space is so small I think the lattice on the walls will give me what I'm looking for, will take a pic once I finish tying the girls up :).
I know what you mean its nice being able to have that control, have happy with my decision to remove my 'SCROG'

Okay so finally a more substantial update,

2 Fast 2 Vast

Has made it into the jar (3.2L) and will be getting hygrometers added in there when they arrive tomorrow. Looks like an O or more just going by eye and seems like it should chop out nicely, starting to smell real nice already, quite lemony with another strong aroma that I can't quite put my finger on.

Pineapple Chunk #1

Now at day 43 of flower.

The originally smaller and now the stretchier of the two Pineapple Chunks, my FIMing attempt has resulted in more tops than is ideal for the space I have so have lined the tent in wire trellis and am using that to spread them out a bit and get more light in.

Both PCs seem to beginning to show yellowing leaves and I am positive I have seen amber trichomes on the edges of a couple of the larger sugar leaves but obviously they are still are way off and plenty of clear trichomes on the buds still. They release the smell of pineapple lollies when disturbed slightly, really looking forward to the smoke.

Been spreading these out as much as possible, hoping they will fill out better.

From the top, haven't been doing any defoliation aside from leaves that are ready to go. Tucking happens daily in the tent.

Some of the goods

Pineapple Chunk #2

Still got a special place in my heart as it is has just grown well and almost unassisted for all of its life. Although PC #1 now beats it in height, the tops on PC #2 look to be forming much larger and denser buds.

Can see down the bottom which I kinked when messing around in the tent, all patched up now though. A few of the mid to lower level larger fan leaves are showing some 'claw tip' which I believe to be from heat more than anything although please feel free to correct me. Stems are nice and solid.

From the top, PC #2 grew into a slightly odd wedge shape, dominating any space that was available to her, she is getting the same treatment as her sister when in the tent, spreading out the dense canopy in the hopes of bigger buds.

Main colas

Random buds

Thanks :) I'm definitely happy with the level of frost on them, have never had buds like that in my possession.

Just jarring them up at the moment, hygrometers will be arriving tomorrow so will do some calibrating with the salt test and then see where I am at!

Just looked up the scopes then, reckon I will invest in one soon. Ideally I would love to have a desktop microscope with USB or a built in camera as my hands aren't the steadiest (not helpful for looking through tiny loupes or taking cool bud photos) but can't afford that just yet.

Painters tape would be a super handy thing to have around, going to add some to my increasingly crammed box of 'growing stuff'.
Because my space is so small I think the lattice on the walls will give me what I'm looking for, will take a pic once I finish tying the girls up :).
I know what you mean its nice being able to have that control, have happy with my decision to remove my 'SCROG'

I have a USB microscope coming in tomorrow that I ordered from a river in Brazil. It was $27 before taxes. I'll let you know how it goes. Plus you should see some pics from it on arteekay's journal too.

You need a little digital scale. I just got one for like 8.50, gonna go back and look up that 27$ usb microscope!

I see now what you mean by a trellis. The buds will fatten up genetically based on the conditions they have. I have uniform buds in my scrog that are packed like sardines in fan leaf sauce. Opening a plant allows better airflow, and shape management. The only significance opening a plant has beyond airing it, is when you pull the tips down level with other buds. Then it begins to grow like a scrog.

Now, one thing you could do, that should probably work. And I say this this way because I did it once. I did a staggered harvest, because the tops on one plant were going amber, and her lower buds were still ripening. I figured I'd pull the top and give her another week or two. I cut the top, the next morning, every bud on the plant had exploded. Cut the end of the auxin flow, and everyone saddled up to the bar for a fill up. If you want to play with yield tricks, you could do that at some point.

I'd stop handling the plants every day and just let them do their thing. Every time you brush a bud you're going to loose trichs. I'm not saying be anal about them but the more you take care around them, the more make it into your bowl with the bud :D

I have a USB microscope coming in tomorrow that I ordered from a river in Brazil. It was $27 before taxes. I'll let you know how it goes. Plus you should see some pics from it on arteekay's journal too.

Thanks for the heads up, thats a lot more reasonably priced then some of the ones I have seen, that would be great if you could! Will be sure to keep an eye out in your guys' journals as well. My wishlist of equipment grows a lot faster then the rate I can afford to purchase at :)

You need a little digital scale. I just got one for like 8.50, gonna go back and look up that 27$ usb microscope!

I see now what you mean by a trellis. The buds will fatten up genetically based on the conditions they have. I have uniform buds in my scrog that are packed like sardines in fan leaf sauce. Opening a plant allows better airflow, and shape management. The only significance opening a plant has beyond airing it, is when you pull the tips down level with other buds. Then it begins to grow like a scrog.

Now, one thing you could do, that should probably work. And I say this this way because I did it once. I did a staggered harvest, because the tops on one plant were going amber, and her lower buds were still ripening. I figured I'd pull the top and give her another week or two. I cut the top, the next morning, every bud on the plant had exploded. Cut the end of the auxin flow, and everyone saddled up to the bar for a fill up. If you want to play with yield tricks, you could do that at some point.

I'd stop handling the plants every day and just let them do their thing. Every time you brush a bud you're going to loose trichs. I'm not saying be anal about them but the more you take care around them, the more make it into your bowl with the bud :D

Will borrow one from a friend, would like to have a number just for comparison down the track more than anything.

Haha, trellis in inverted commas, like a few other things I have attempted. Smoked a joint of 2 Fast 2 Vasts popcorn bud that I took when removing the stems and it hit me harder than I even thought at the time apparently as my explanation was pretty poor :laughtwo:
Like you say I am doing more for airflow than to get light to the buds, some of PC #1's tops are so close together that the buds look like they would touch eventually without a few ties in place, I like how it looks a bit more spread out too.

Will quite possibly attempt a staggered harvest with at least one of the Pineapple Chunks, interested to see in real life how it works and hey I have the time!

Hear ya on not touching the plants too much, I keep it to a minimum, theres just a couple of big fan leaves that keep springing back up covering buds but I can access them easily without getting covered in Pineapple goodness.

.... Smoked a joint of 2 Fast 2 Vasts popcorn bud that I took when removing the stems and it hit me harder than I even thought at the time apparently as my explanation was pretty poor :laughtwo:
Will quite possibly attempt a staggered harvest with at least one of the Pineapple Chunks, interested to see in real life how it works and hey I have the time!

Oh, you should id your top and smoke some from that right after from a bottom bud to compare too. You'll never look at a bag of commercial weed the same again ;3 (if you still do now, which probably is changing already heh)

Staggered harvest try it. But it's like a siren's song. ;)

I can relate on the wish list. I'm thankful I'm growing with someone to help split the cost. And I'm lucky enough arteekay wanted to put extra in for the extra LED's but don't worry.. I'll still smoke as much of those big frosty buds! :)

We were also talking about doing a staggered harvest. I haven't done much research on that yet but knowing arteekay he's already got it planned out lol

So good new everyone! Managed to get my hands on an iPhone 6s, the camera is much better and easier to use!

Much clearer and nicer all round, glad to be rid of the G3, will order a macro lens with my next purchases so we can finally all see those trichomes properly.

Not so good news about the dirt cheap hygrometers, as expected they are far from ideal. Put 2 of them in a jar with a capful of moist salt as per the instructions I found and after ~20 hours one is on 80% and the other on 85%. Will treat the 80% one as +5% and use it as thats what I have for now, going to chuck the other one in there just to see if they maintain a 5% difference.

Oh, you should id your top and smoke some from that right after from a bottom bud to compare too. You'll never look at a bag of commercial weed the same again ;3 (if you still do now, which probably is changing already heh)

Staggered harvest try it. But it's like a siren's song. ;)

Will be doing this when I get back, have banned myself from sampling the nicest looking buds until they have cured a bit more. Already changed completely just about, forcing myself to smoke what I had left to stop myself dipping into the jar too much but my hearts not in it :laughtwo:

I can relate on the wish list. I'm thankful I'm growing with someone to help split the cost. And I'm lucky enough arteekay wanted to put extra in for the extra LED's but don't worry.. I'll still smoke as much of those big frosty buds! :)

We were also talking about doing a staggered harvest. I haven't done much research on that yet but knowing arteekay he's already got it planned out lol

So many things to get I find it hard to even prioritise them! Yeah it must be nice growing with a buddy, seems like you two make a good team. Lucky you guys are gonna have plenty to go around!

Awesome, will be following closely if you do. Haven't done heaps of research either but logically it makes a lot of sense to me.

Super congratulations on the harvest, Narrator! Well done! Regardless of yield or anything, there's nothing like actually having bud that you have grown yourself. Doesn't matter how much it is, it's a little mind blowing in every way :)

Maybe on your next grow consider making some infused EVOO or other oil -- which you can then add to, well, anything you cook with oil! We often think of canna cuisine as being mainly sweets (cookies and brownies) but you could make a gorgeous pasta or even a stir fry that's got a good dose of medicine in it.

Also, congrats on the iPhone 6 -- look at that photo!

Anyway, well done and have fun curing! I think curing is amazing, because you can smell the terpenes changing profile as the cure progresses. It really joined up the dots for me, from growing the plant, which was fascinating in its own right, to being able to consume the harvest like any other bud.

Oh LOL I was not suggesting you sample your top before it's finished curing, I should have been more specific. But as you cure, the buds will shrink, so it'd be cool if you could tag the coala or remember it.

Nice pictures yes. Is the macro attachment for your phone able to do 60x? Or more than
81-WUrG0N1L_SL1500_.jpg

Super congratulations on the harvest, Narrator! Well done! Regardless of yield or anything, there's nothing like actually having bud that you have grown yourself. Doesn't matter how much it is, it's a little mind blowing in every way :)

Maybe on your next grow consider making some infused EVOO or other oil -- which you can then add to, well, anything you cook with oil! We often think of canna cuisine as being mainly sweets (cookies and brownies) but you could make a gorgeous pasta or even a stir fry that's got a good dose of medicine in it.

Also, congrats on the iPhone 6 -- look at that photo!

Anyway, well done and have fun curing! I think curing is amazing, because you can smell the terpenes changing profile as the cure progresses. It really joined up the dots for me, from growing the plant, which was fascinating in its own right, to being able to consume the harvest like any other bud.

Thanks so much Glimmer! You are certainly correct, very proud to have finished my first plant and its nice that the Pineapple Chunks are following not too far behind. Been having heaps of fun both growing and on this site. Was just checking out your grow and your Dark Devil is looking super tasty already!

I definitely will try something edible when I harvest the PCs, will be a lot more trimmings to work with.

Thanks, can't wait to play around with it a bit more.

Appreciate you stopping by, you're right about the smell, have been noticing it change already. Never knew the curing process was so important before I started growing.

Oh LOL I was not suggesting you sample your top before it's finished curing, I should have been more specific. But as you cure, the buds will shrink, so it'd be cool if you could tag the coala or remember it.

Nice pictures yes. Is the macro attachment for your phone able to do 60x? Or more than
81-WUrG0N1L_SL1500_.jpg

Ah I see what you mean now! Good thinking i'll mark it somehow.

Haven't ordered the lens yet I was going to try out one of the low end '3 in 1 Camera Lens Kits' which includes a 'Super Macro lens' although doesn't specify further than that... I'll get one which comes with a clip like you posted as I already have one of those loupes if needed.

Back
Top Bottom