Tims First Hydro Grow- Tons of Pics! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, PPP

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS!! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church,

Sounds like you have a great plan with the co-op, In this county its still a little or I should say a lot sketchy opening one. The county seems to be on a rampage for the co-ops but it sounds like you are getting it figured out. Great job and keep up the great work...

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS!! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church,

Hey man stopping by to check it out One question...
I read you were guessing the PPM? if so you need to get a TDS meter soon they are cheap.
Also when my plants got wrinkly and dry it was from having to much nutrient in the water it builds up in the older leaves and drys them out when it gets bad the get the burn and start dying where the salt builds up to much thats my take on it at least.
But I would check the PPMs and see what your really at.

Oh and one thing you have a lot of info here some people will just skim through so if you have ongoing issues you still need help with keep asking...
Great pictures and everything looking pretty good

Yeah I know.... After I wrote it all and posted all of the pictures, I scrolled through in and was like "Crap...where'd all this come from?" I was going to go back and edit it removing a lot of unnecessary stuff, but its locked and I cant edit it anymore. So its here to stay.

As for the PPM, your right, I dont have a meter. I'm going off the GH website based on how many ml's I add per gallon. I'm also using RO water, so the PPM in that cant be any higher than 20 ppm. So I know I'm not right on, but I have to be pretty close. I'm headed to the local hydro store today. So I might pick one up.

Either way, I only added 540 ppm of ferts to my res with RO water, so I dont see how I can be over feeding, unless the place that Im getting my water from is really just selling me tap water. lol. That wouldnt be very good. I think I will pick up a meter just in case. Oh.. and I thought I was over feeding in the first place. Based on the website, I was a little over 1000 ppm. i dropped it after that to 540. So I'll get that meter to see whats really going on.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks for the help.

I just checked it out. Pretty nice. So it has a backup battery that can support 2400 watts?? Damn... I know big generators that would struggle keeping up with that kind of wattage. How long does the battery hold up before fading out??

hehe you misunderstood me...it's only the timer's clock that's keeps on going. so i have to change the fuse myself at once. I wish a timer like that was possible ;) hehe

So I just got back from the Hydro store. I bought my Ebb and Flow setup. I just bought the stuff to make one, not a pre-assemble one. I'll post pics of that later, the battery in my drill just died.

I also bought a TDS meter and found out that I was over 100 below where I thought I was on PPM. Turns out I'm at 415 ppm. Pretty low and my plants are probably starving.

I also picked up some Cal-Mag Plus. I've heard from several people that the GH Flora Series runs a little shy of Mg. So I'll be adding a little of that as well.

I should have this Flood and Drain system going by tonight. So I'll be draining my res and setting it to 800 PPM and 5.5 PH. I'll be doing 3-4 floods per day.

So we'll see how it goes. I'm expecting improvements.

Looks like you got the help you needed. Guess your going to get it from now on, since you can't change the title. :grinjoint: Didn't know it would be locked in.
Really sounds like everything is getting sorted out.:surf:

Mele Kalikimaka from Hawaii.:xmas:

Looks like you got the help you needed. Guess your going to get it from now on, since you can't change the title. :grinjoint: Didn't know it would be locked in.
Really sounds like everything is getting sorted out.:surf:

Mele Kalikimaka from Hawaii.:xmas:

Hehe yeah...but the title gives alot of viewers ;)

Happy Hollydays:xmas:

Its 2 in the morning right now and I just finished. My Ebb and Flow is up and running. I misplaced one of the water pumps, so I'll have to find that tomorrow. Until then I'll have to do manual flood and drains. Hopefully I'll find it in the morning.

All of my plants have been transplanted into my new system. I'm looking forward to seeing how there doing in the morning. I gave them there first flood tonight and left the light on for a few extra hours.

Here's the details. I'll post the pics tomorrow. Too tired right now.

PH: 5.4
PPM: 881
Temp: 64 Degrees (its very cold outside right now)
Reservoir: New 20 Gallon.
NUTES
FloraGrow: 187.5 ml
FloraMicro: 112.5 ml
FloraBloom: 37.5 ml
Floraliscious Plus: 15 ml
FloraBlend: 150 ml
Cal-Mag Plus: 100 ml

So I doubled my PPM and brought my ph down pretty low. I'm going to let it raise to 6.1 - 6.2 and then bring it back down to 5.5.

So we'll see how there doing in the morning.

Nice grow journal! Much luck to ya. Glad you got some calmag. :goodjob: :peace:

I put together a new setup. My roots werent happy with the other one that I through together. Once I get another pump, Im going to turn my old tray/flat tote into a flood and drain as well.

So here's the new setup. I ended up finding my other pump this morning, so the system is up and running by itself. I need to get a better pump, but other than that, things came along well.

Flood and Drain
6 - 3 Gallon buckets
20 Gallon Res
Homemade Home Depot bucket controller

These picture are from yesterday.....

Just got done drilling the holes, adding the grommets and cleaning the rocks
DSC_0177.jpg

Added the tees
DSC_0180.jpg

Connected the hoses. Gave it a little extra hose just in case I need to spread them out some.
DSC_0182.jpg

About to replant
DSC_01901.jpg

I get thirsty sometimes...
DSC_0183.jpg

.... and here they are... in their new homes.
DSC_0192.jpg

Pics from today. My plants are already looking a lot happier. Greener, no curled tips and there standing straight out.

We're on the road to recovery, even though it wasnt even really that bad in the first place. Thanks to everyone!!!

DSC_02132.jpg

DSC_02152.jpg

Nirvana, Pure Power Plant #2
DSC_02091.jpg

OG Kush. Light green on the newest growth. Everything else is looking good.
DSC_02101.jpg

My babys. The biggest one if Green House, The Church. Got a little algae too. I'm drying that up as we speak.
DSC_02112.jpg

GreenHouse, Great White Shark.
DSC_02072.jpg

PPP #3
DSC_02082.jpg

GreenHouse, Lemon Skunk
DSC_02062.jpg

.... and thats it for now. I think these plants are going to start moving now.

Much better looking system there.
is you rez in clear plastic with an open top? =O

Good idea with the extra hose.

Much better looking system there.
is you rez in clear plastic with an open top? =O

Good idea with the extra hose.

Yeah, its clear. The top was just off during that picture, but stays on for the most part so nothing gets in it, like my dogs hair. Thats never good.

I know the clear tote isnt a good idea, but it was all I had on hand at the time. If I dont get another one soon, I'm just going to spray paint it black a few times. Well enough times to keep the light out. Or maybe I'll get real ghetto and wrap it tin foil. lol.

We'll see what happens. Thanks for the comment.

Very nice, love the new set and looks like your plants do to. Great job.. Merry Christmas and have a very Irie New Year...

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

Today!! Christmas Eve!! Marry Christmas to everyone.... and my plants lol. I'm gonna give them a little egg nogg. lol.

So here's what going on over here. I need to lower my PH a little and get my humidity up, but everything is looking decent. Got a little drop on some leaves, so I need to figure out why that is. probably the high PH.

The Specs

1,000 Watt Metal Halide - Two feet from plants
18/6 Light cycle
Flood and Drain System - 20 gal res - 6, 3 gallon bucket - Floods 4 times per day
Plants in 4" rockwool cubes, sitting in hydrotron
6.2 PH
940 PPM
75 Degrees at plant level
20% RH at plant level
Nutes:
FloraGro: 187.5 ml
FloraMicro: 112.5 ml
FloraBloom: 37.5
FloraliciousPlus: 15 ml
FloraBlend: 150 ml
Cal-MagPlus: 100 ml

DSC_0225.jpg

PPP #2
DSC_0224.jpg

Wrinkled PPP #1
DSC_0223.jpg

Lemon Skunk
DSC_0222.jpg

PPP #3
DSC_0221.jpg

Great White Shark
DSC_0220.jpg

OG Kush
DSC_0218.jpg

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

When i was reading through the post I was going to suggest you add some calmag+ but it seems you already got to it. I bet that's why the plants are doing better. I would also add some molasses to the nute mixture, it encourages microorganisms to grow and also acts as a binder to the nutes making them more available to the plant (not sure what the process is called, but its a common chemistry term.) Plants look good though. On a side note, i have family in Rancho Cucamonga.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas.

Very, nice, those are some very healthy looking plants. Nice, green and lots of new growth. Great job, Keep up the great work and hope you and yours had a great Christmas...

Here's my next project. My garage is a little too big and its very difficult to control humidity and temperatures. So I'm building a room inside of my garage. I'm going to use screws instead of nails for easy tear down.

This will also allow me to regulate light cycles without interruptions from other growth stages. Clone/Seedling area is the smallest. The light in there will be on 24-7. The next biggest room is for my plants in veg. Light in there will be on a 18/6 cycle. And the biggest room will be for my flowering, which will be on a 12/12 cycle.

I'm hoping to have this up in no more than 2 weeks. Wish me luck.

This area is 10x12 feet. For a total of 120 sq. ft. I plant to constantly have 24 flowering plants, 24 vegatating plants and 12-24 clones/seedlings rotating through these rooms at all times. If I did the math right, this should give me one harvest of 12 plants each month.
GrowRoom_3.jpg

GrowRoom_11.jpg

GrowRoom_4.jpg

GrowRoom_5.jpg

That's a lot of lumber! Hehe. Goodluck and I hope it all goes to plan. Things are looking great in your grow. If I may, what is the rating on your pump and for how long are the buckets being flooded? I know you said 4 times daily but for how long do they stay flooded? And is being flooded every 6hrs? Thank you so much!

- Johnny

Back
Top Bottom