To prevent grow tent from bowing in due to negative pressure

SgtKiLLx

Hello all. I'm currently not growing, but figured I'd share something in here that may help with a huge problem that I've noticed, and only until recently after I designed some tent pole braces that PVC pipe could brace between , preventing such a thing.

Behold
DSCF7792.JPG

I designed these with CAD(computer aided design) using Fusion 360, a little bit of time and patience and tweaking, I 3d printed 8 of em for a 4x8 tent, took 40 hours to print.

Sgt asked me one day to think about something that I would like to have his 3d printer make for me and I hit on the idea of side brace mounts that could be interchanged from tent to tent using appropriate lengths of PVC. We considered many designs, trying to think of how to lock them into place on the tent vertical corner poles using nuts and bolts. Sarge hit on this design, one that is elegant in its exactness. The CAD based 3d printer lays down plastic so accurately, that it is able to provide such an exact and tight fit, that no hardware is needed!! It snaps into place!

I love this design as it allows each side of the tent to be its own unique structure... in other words, the sides don't have to be braced at the same height, or they can be interlocked around the tent so that all of the bracing is at roughly the same level. I am anxious to try this in my 4x4, but this time they were put to use in a 2x4 and I found that the short sides could be braced up higher than the long sides, and it helped really increase the usable cubic footage available in the tent. These things stay where you put them... the are engineered that amazingly tight. The PVC snaps in with a satisfying snap and can easily be twisted and pulled back out for maintenance in the tent. The units snap onto the tent vertical corner supports so hard that I used them to brace a camera and a fan along with the side supports, because the fan slowly kept sliding down the pole because its spring clamp was not strong enough to hold it in place. These pieced stay where you put them, by design.

Ooh , can you show how you have the fans and camera mounted?

Interesting product. Even cooler that a 3D printer was put to use for growing supplies.

Emilya. When your fans give out. Check out the new Vivosun 6" fans. The new clamps they use are made for the poles of grow tents. They work great. I have not had a fan fall off or slide down since I started using them. Pretty sure those same clamps will work on other fans if you need a slightly bigger clip on fan. I have 2 in each of my tents.

Hello all. I'm currently not growing, but figured I'd share something in here that may help with a huge problem that I've noticed, and only until recently after I designed some tent pole braces that PVC pipe could brace between , preventing such a thing.

Behold
DSCF7792.JPG

I designed these with CAD(computer aided design) using Fusion 360, a little bit of time and patience and tweaking, I 3d printed 8 of em for a 4x8 tent, took 40 hours to print.
Great braces. Exactly what I need. I already use pvc pipe to support the side of my tent, but was looking for an affective way to attach the pvc to the tent poles, at the moment I'm just using white duck tape to secure them.
If I found your product on the market, I'd buy it.
I don't even own a paper printer,wouldn't even know where to start with a 3d.:thumb:

Great braces. Exactly what I need. I already use pvc pipe to support the side of my tent, but was looking for an affective way to attach the pvc to the tent poles, at the moment I'm just using white duck tape to secure them.
If I found your product on the market, I'd buy it.
I don't even own a paper printer,wouldn't even know where to start with a 3d.:thumb:
This specific product you wouldn't find anywhere. Holes and zipties may work for ya. Currently a decent 3d printer isn't cheap. The one I had turned out to be complete garbage. Will be getting a better one in the coming months. Will be game for doing more of em for anyone else .

This specific product you wouldn't find anywhere. Holes and zipties may work for ya. Currently a decent 3d printer isn't cheap. The one I had turned out to be complete garbage. Will be getting a better one in the coming months. Will be game for doing more of em for anyone else .
Sounds good,I'd be interested.

Hope its a good one!
Prusa Research is the best 3d printer manufacturer in the world. For a reason. Look up YouTube vids. He's got over 1000 of the mk3s's pumping out parts non stop in his factory.

Back
Top Bottom