Two Tents By Twox: A Memoir Of A Monthly 8oz Harvest

Hiya, Twox. This looks interesting so I think I'll watch a while.
I gathered that you're growing in soil, but I missed the nutes?
I'm also wondering why, if it's not possible to plumb a couple drains to them, you don't have a couple D/W trays in your tents and simply shop-vacing them dry after a feeding?

Anyways, my eyes are on you now. Lol

Peace, Andy.
What's up Andy, thanx for checking out the grow.. :thanks:
I might have skipped the subject but Im using General Organics to feed these lady's. I add a little silica to the mix too. I've tried some additives but nothing really impressed me. I've been thinking about a eletric pump controlled halo watering system with something like your describing to drain but I can't make up my mind..

Great time to join us too, I'm chopping 2 Blueberrys tomorrow and the other 2 UrkleX soon after. Lots of pics coming.

Bonus pic....
Some more new Generix to play with:) can't wait to try these Trap Stars. :thumb:
20170403_181333.jpg

Hey there Twox.. pullin up the bean bag for the rest of the ride.. We have a lot in common..

I run perpetual try for 10 zips a month but been doing 7-8 lately due to my move towards shorter flowering plants and me not being on top of that change. It's huge going from 75-85 day strains to 55-65 day strains. Set me back a few weeks. I have 2 veg rooms now, one for seedlings and one for VEG plants.

I run a lot of reg seeds so I need extra space.

Yeah wow.. love those pics with the sugar leaves with railage... man that's exactly what I look for when I'm growing. Those white rails on the sugars ... you are killing it my friend. :high-five: I love that ...

I've been running a lot of exotic gear for the last year or so ... Just a heads up, need a lot of air flow, I get PM from time to time. The Starfighter gets REAL sticky and well hard to keep under control. All good, wouldn't want it any other way, eh?

I've got The Labyrinth in VEG right now ... be a month or so before flower time. Not even showing any sex yet but plants are looking stellar. The price for Labyrinth went up X3 recently. Maybe going to be a few keepers in the bunch!

Your plants are looking stellar ... love all that frost, man O man keep it going. Reps on frostiness... making me wanna bust out the 600w HID gear.

SUB'd for frost!

Hey there was checking out your post over in the "eye candy" thread about Blueberry.. I ran that strain a few years ago it was mainly if not all sativa.. with a skunky smell... I ran several runs (newb) to 100 days or more and could have ran it longer. Yeah 55 days is good.. 100+ days not so much! hahahaha

Wasn't worth it either .. maybe 15% THC ... now I'd probably not even feel it! Tastes good to smoke tho....

Your plants are looking killer, great job... I like your strain picks and your new gear! No pics of Labyrinth yet, they are in VEG @30ish days.
Looking super healthy and I got 10 of 10 popped and they all look very similar ... I'm very happy with what's happening with them in VEG.

I like Exotic gear ... Running Snow High, Exotic and Chem-d clones ... Citrus Berry I was really worried about .. they looked like shit in VEG and now in flower (I popped 5 seeds got 4 females) and they are stretching x2.5 so very happy about that.

Wishing you bountiful harvests coming up.. Ladies are looking fantastic!

Hey there was checking out your post over in the "eye candy" thread about Blueberry.. I ran that strain a few years ago it was mainly if not all sativa.. with a skunky smell... I ran several runs (newb) to 100 days or more and could have ran it longer. Yeah 55 days is good.. 100+ days not so much! hahahaha

Wasn't worth it either .. maybe 15% THC ... now I'd probably not even feel it! Tastes good to smoke tho....

Your plants are looking killer, great job... I like your strain picks and your new gear! No pics of Labyrinth yet, they are in VEG @30ish days.
Looking super healthy and I got 10 of 10 popped and they all look very similar ... I'm very happy with what's happening with them in VEG.

I like Exotic gear ... Running Snow High, Exotic and Chem-d clones ... Citrus Berry I was really worried about .. they looked like shit in VEG and now in flower (I popped 5 seeds got 4 females) and they are stretching x2.5 so very happy about that.

Wishing you bountiful harvests coming up.. Ladies are looking fantastic!

What's up BobBrown. I'm definitely no feeling the Blueberry and I knew something was up by the second week of flower. I only use one veg space and didn't have a backup... I'll still smoke it though so I'll consider it a lesson learned. One of the reason I wanted some better gear.

Super pumped for the labyrinth, I was thinking of popping them first but I'm to excited to see you grow them first... you telling me they all look similar is a really good thing. They should be very Star Fighter Dominate with some color variation. The frost should pile high on any pheno too.. The Trap Star has been selling like hot cakes and and I'll probably have some variation in pheno types but she looks and sounds delicious.

I've been running some lower yielding strains so I barely hit over 8oz last month... no big deal though... I'm still smoking

Thanx for the compliments on my grow.. :thumb: I spend a lot of time with these ladies.. I'm mid trim on the rest of this month's run so I'll have some pics up tonight. I need to rotate my Birthday Cakes in to flower and start planning my next run. I should be pooping my Trap Stars soon and I'll still have them here but will make another journal to focus on these ladies.. Thanx again.:thanks:

P.s. Your futures look really freakin Good

20170405_212144.jpg

Ahhhhh.... that was nice while it lasted... I got everything chopped and now there's 5.... until tomorrow:).. 4 Bday cakes while be entering the flower chamber.
20170405_215248.jpg

The Blue berry didn't have enough time to finish but I don't think they would have turned out much better.. The smell good though so I'll do a final update once theyre dried.
20170405_161137.jpg
20170405_161130.jpg

My other 2 Urkle crosses came down today.. these pics where from last night and I took more today so I'll have a full update tomorrow.
20170405_161159.jpg
20170405_161242.jpg

The other BB pheno didn't turn out as well..
20170405_161359.jpg
20170405_161407.jpg
20170405_232257.jpg
20170405_210801.jpg
20170405_213733.jpg
20170405_213728.jpg

Oc#3. She's at about 4 weeks and looking really good... nice and healthy
20170405_213514.jpg
20170405_213454.jpg
20170405_213412.jpg

Random shot of a Urkle cross
20170405_210823.jpg

Bonus pic: a leaf I cut of the Original Pure Urkle
20170403_201902.jpg

Well, I had a bigger update planned with tons of pics by I had a issue uploading them and only a few made it. I'll get more shots soon..

Every everything is alive and happy and I finished my rotation. We have 4 Birthday Cakes at day one in flower to go along with the OC3 and 4 Urkle.

One of the Bithday Cakes about to hit flower. I bent and manipulated her as best I could and she would be about 4ft tall if I didn't. These things grow like vines. I'll run all four right against the wall, worked well last time and I won't have to move them much.
20170407_185300.jpg

UrkleX2.
Her sugar leaves werent really frosty but she stinks and had a nice yeild. Her ubder the skirt view was fantastic. Lots of purple calyxs. I'll get some dry shots once it stops raining and everything dries... The struggles.
20170406_155111.jpg
20170406_153538.jpg
20170406_151708.jpg
20170406_151617.jpg

What's up BobBrown.

I've been running some lower yielding strains so I barely hit over 8oz last month... no big deal though... I'm still smoking

Thanx for the compliments on my grow.. :thumb: I spend a lot of time with these ladies.. I'm mid trim on the rest of this month's run so I'll have some pics up tonight. I need to rotate my Birthday Cakes in to flower and start planning my next run. I should be pooping my Trap Stars soon and I'll still have them here but will make another journal to focus on these ladies.. Thanx again.:thanks:

P.s. Your futures look really freakin Good

Reps on the compliments ~! Thank you.

Awesome -- Run the Trap Star I'm looking forward to you growing some frosty fire... yeah u right!

I for some reason never got a pack of those seeds. I've got a nice collection of the Alien fed fire.. I'm a big fan. My first run was Kimbo and Blackberry last summer, 4 of each... went away on vacay for 5 weeks and came home to OMG :cheer::high-five::thedoubletake::drool:

Send me an invite if you start a new journal please?

This run is doing fantastic.. that Urkle makes my mouth water looking at the pics.. you won't feel it since yer there in the room, but trust me, those pics .. me likey, want some to puff. I'd be puffing my screen if possible... oooh la la... great job with the current run. Top shelf and don't let anyone tell you different.

8 zips a month is better than zero.. right! I'm happy with that result but strive for more 10 is good 12 I'm kicking it..

Reps on the compliments ~! Thank you.

Awesome -- Run the Trap Star I'm looking forward to you growing some frosty fire... yeah u right!

I for some reason never got a pack of those seeds. I've got a nice collection of the Alien fed fire.. I'm a big fan. My first run was Kimbo and Blackberry last summer, 4 of each... went away on vacay for 5 weeks and came home to OMG :cheer::high-five::thedoubletake::drool:

Send me an invite if you start a new journal please?

This run is doing fantastic.. that Urkle makes my mouth water looking at the pics.. you won't feel it since yer there in the room, but trust me, those pics .. me likey, want some to puff. I'd be puffing my screen if possible... oooh la la... great job with the current run. Top shelf and don't let anyone tell you different.

8 zips a month is better than zero.. right! I'm happy with that result but strive for more 10 is good 12 I'm kicking it..

:thumb:
What's up BobBrown!. I wish I could dip for 5 weeks. I earn my 4th week of vacation next year so I'm only getting 3 and there's no way I could leave and come back to a live plant with out a new watering system.

I like hitting ten to twelve zips too, I smoke really lavishly when my private stash is packed and I have another harvest in 3 weeks... :blunt:

I'll definitely send you a invite for the new journal. I'll still run this one but I want to run a Journal featuring The Trap Star so it's easier to find for the rest of the world. I've searched and searched and can't find anybody journaling this strain any where and I kinda feel like I could help with that issue... I had the same issue with the Labyrinth until you told me you had on in veg. I was really excited when I read that.:thumb:

Thank for the compliments on the UrkleX and if I knew how to use rep points I would return the favor... They are all a cross of my Purple Urkle with A Orka Cookie cross.. I tried a nug tonight,still not dry enough to jar. It's raining outside so everything's drying really slow and it took a week last time I dried in these conditions. She was really tasty but I'll save my excitement for this pheno for a update..

Late night update because I'm to stoned to sleep..:oops:

Here are the 4 Birthday Cakes lined up against the wall. They will get a bamboo fence along the wall and a few single bamboo polls each. These ladies will need lots of support and a ton of wiring to hold them up.. I all ready see lots of problematic branches. She really likes to do the flop mid flower.
20170408_195614.jpg

Here's another Purple Urkle about to hit flower. She got a extra months veg and has some nice tops. I usually leave a ton of lower growth and get a bunch of popcorn so I'm really trying to clean up my plants and remove unwanted growth. I hate trimming popcorn.

Before
20170408_230720.jpg

After
20170408_211244.jpg

Here's one of the Purple Urkles currently flowering. She's at 4 and a half weeks and I'll run her for 9. She puts out some rock hard nugs that put you on your ass. She has a nasty " burned out " effect once her high wears off. Great smoke to get you ready for bed..
20170408_195129.jpg

Orka Cookie #3..@5weeks
Nice pleasant floral and creamy smell radiating off this lady. She took well to my training and bushed up nicely with a minimum stretch. Nice amount of frost on the sugar leaves and a nice amount of buds too.. I should get a descent yeild off her. She looks really healthy and happy to me. I like her:thumb:
The flying robot is covering a family pic.. lol
20170408_230328.jpg
20170408_194453.jpg
20170408_194245.jpg
20170408_194117.jpg

Veg tent doing her thing. Lots going on in here. The purple Urkle on the left went to flower tonight.
20170408_165030.jpg

Here we have 2x Purple Envys from advanced female seeds. The description for this strain is odd to me and claims to be Urkle,GDP, and Grape Ape. The way it's worded just seemed off.. we also have 3x OG13 from G13labs. In the back there we have two UrkleX3 getting ready to jump into flower.. I'll probably give her a few more weeks... I'm going to squeeze her in. The yellowing plant is one of the Purple Envys that got hungry before the transplant.. Her sister is next to her looking all short.. Two different phenos I suppose.
20170408_165001.jpg

I had to add another t5 today. I've been running a 4 bulb and moving it every day to cover the canopy and I decided to grab a single bulb from the hydro shop instead of buying a new 6 bulb t5. Seems to be working well so far. This pic kinda show why i needed another bulb...
20170408_164935.jpg

Oc5 looking a little lite colored after living in a humidity some for 3 months. No, that wasn't a typo, she's 3 months old.. lol
20170408_164518.jpg

A little photo of all the stuff I use to on these ladies.

20170408_220855.jpg

Grow and Bloom are pretty basic and I use them both in veg and flower when needed. I'll use the bloom In veg to fight purplish stems and once I hit flower I use them as a "part a" and " part b" system. The Bio grow helps me get through the stretch. The Bio Bud is probably the best thing In their lineup and works well.
I just started using the great white for transplants so I can't really comment on it's effect yet. The purple maxx and molasses I'll use for the first week of my flush. I'm not really feeling the Purple max. It doesn't really effect the buds as much as I thought it would and it's a little pricey... I also use the Silica from General Hydro and I'm not feeling this one either.. I liked the botainicare version better. Seemed cleaner and less chemy and also felt stronger. I do like the Mendocino Avalanche. I wouldn't say it adds weight but it seems to help my buds cure solid... I'm happy with it and I'll keep using it..

Bonus Pic, Roxy saying what's up while I took a break.
20170408_195758.jpg

My cats always like to come say Hi when I have the tent open. Well, I guess "tents" now...

IMG_20170407_190751.jpg

I meant to order a 3x3, but a 4x4 came. Had to play tetris with my furniture to get it in there.

NOW if I can just stop killing my plants I'll be in business :p. I'm about tired trying to save these Blackberry Kush plants, worried they have some kind of disease or something now. I have genetics on the way from Ace and my own cross to try still though.

Do you have your clone tray on top of your other light like a shelf? Been wondering how you have that setup. Probably going to do something similar, since 4x4 is quite a lot of space.

My cats always like to come say Hi when I have the tent open. Well, I guess "tents" now...

IMG_20170407_190751.jpg

I meant to order a 3x3, but a 4x4 came. Had to play tetris with my furniture to get it in there.

NOW if I can just stop killing my plants I'll be in business :p. I'm about tired trying to save these Blackberry Kush plants, worried they have some kind of disease or something now. I have genetics on the way from Ace and my own cross to try still though.

Do you have your clone tray on top of your other light like a shelf? Been wondering how you have that setup. Probably going to do something similar, since 4x4 is quite a lot of space.

What up Fert..Nice veg tent.. Lots of room for activities in there.. You using a Mh? ..Kinda jealous.

Sorry about the plants.. My advice is to find what works for you soil and nutrient wise and stick with it so you can "dial in" your grow. Change always throws me for a loop..

I don't have all the space in the world in my veg tent so my cloning tray just sits on top of my t5.. The heat from the t5 keeps the clones warm too so no need for a heating mat. I does limit how high I can raise my light bit it also forces me to keep my plants short which works great once I move them to flowering... :thumb:

What up Fert..Nice veg tent.. Lots of room for activities in there.. You using a Mh? ..Kinda jealous.

Sorry about the plants.. My advice is to find what works for you soil and nutrient wise and stick with it so you can "dial in" your grow. Change always throws me for a loop..

I don't have all the space in the world in my veg tent so my cloning tray just sits on top of my t5.. The heat from the t5 keeps the clones warm too so no need for a heating mat. I does limit how high I can raise my light bit it also forces me to keep my plants short which works great once I move them to flowering... :thumb:

Oh no, it's a T5, but I guess it's angled in a way that it kind of looks like a hood. It's an 8 x 2' bulb setup, I wanted to keep energy usage below 200W. I'll probably be able to just set mine on the floor somewhere, but I liked the idea of the light heating it up. Mine is just a little too tipsy-turvy to have a tray resting on it.

Hey buddy... nice setup you have there and congrats on the new tent. Always nice to move into a clean space... You flower room looks professionally done. :thumb:

I've been growing non-stop in my 5x10 for 1.5 years ... time to tear down soon, clean and build a proper grow room with more like 12'x18'. That's our next grow space. Getting ready to run wires ... been getting ready for about 5 months now!

Yeah anyway so your plants have a frost warning.... frosty with another layer of frost.. followed by purple! Very nice! Yer firing on all cylinders...

Hey buddy... nice setup you have there and congrats on the new tent. Always nice to move into a clean space... You flower room looks professionally done. :thumb:

I've been growing non-stop in my 5x10 for 1.5 years ... time to tear down soon, clean and build a proper grow room with more like 12'x18'. That's our next grow space. Getting ready to run wires ... been getting ready for about 5 months now!

Yeah anyway so your plants have a frost warning.... frosty with another layer of frost.. followed by purple! Very nice! Yer firing on all cylinders...

Thanx
, BobBrown... I've been pondering building something in my garage but I think I would rather move first. My landlord will kick me out the second they find out I'm growing... lol. I'm not hurting anything but I don't think they would care so I have to be able to remove and hide everything in a few days.. I have some buds done so I'll get you some more frosty pics soon:thumb:

Great thread bro, it was enjoyable to read through it all, subbed and congrats on the plants.
Keep on smoking.
Thanx JustX. :Namaste: glade you enjoyed the journal so far:thumb:

20170413_143102.jpg

Urklex3 harvest results.
After all was said and done she still turned out to be my keeper. I didn't give her much space so yeild was rather low. 41g from this one plant. I've weighed everything while it's curing and my monthly yeild was 8.7oz... :thumb: I can live with that.. I'll go over the other phenos and the Blueberry after they catch a short cure.

20170413_142338.jpg

This pheno of Purple Urkle crossed with Orka Cookies has been officially dubbed the "Candy Pheno" due to her smell and taste. The berry smell and flavor from the Purple Urkle was very dominate in all the phenos and gave them all a super strong berry smell. The Orka Cookies phenos leaned either to the sweet and sour Orka side or the creamy earthy cookie side. I believe this cut had a heavy Urkle influence with a cookie dominate Orka gene. The sour isn't as overwhelming as the other two but it's still there and it's still strong. The Creamy flavor mixed with a strong berry taste with a little sour came out fantastic. Some of the strongest flavor I've ever tasted from a bud. The terps on all 3 phenos is really strong but this one shined a little brighter. The other two leaned towards the gassy sour side with very little cookie influence. Still great but this one ended up tasting and smelling like candy.. :circle-of-love:
20170413_142535.jpg
20170413_143047.jpg
20170413_143016.jpg
20170413_142948.jpg

Bud growth and development was very Urkle dominate with this lady. She's not as dense as Urkle,( not even close, Urkle makes rocks) but her calyx shape and growth pattern are very similar to the Urkles with a little boost. Short, thick hairs that sucked up nicely into each calyx. The purple from the Urkle didn't show up very strong except for the tips of the tops and very little underneath. The other two showed a lot more purple coloring but didn't have the Urkle growth. She also got a little trichome boost from the OC, much more then the other two phenos.
20170413_142842.jpg
20170413_142834.jpg
20170413_142756.jpg
20170413_142713.jpg
20170413_142603.jpg

Back
Top Bottom