Vapin's Outdoor Grow Journal 3

Vapin

Although this is my 3rd journal, this is my FIRST time growing OUTDOORS, so any tips are always appreciated. I am here to share, and learn.

Journal Update:
Day 1. Construction (no plants yet)

Strains and percentages:
No plants yet, but I have seen Bubba Kush, and Girlscout Cookies do very well out here so I may get those.

Current life cycle:
N/A

Indoor or Outdoor, Type of Soil Used, any nutrients added:
Outdoor. California clay rich soil tilled up 2 feet deep, with bags of organic Dr. Earth, and raised bed soil added. I plan on adding worm castings, and other things like meals.

Soil PH Levels:
N/A

Light(s) and light hours:
Northern California's natural sunlight.

Air circulation:
The wind as it blows.

Temperature and Humidity:
Northern California's climate varies but the plants will most likely experience lows of 55 and highs of 105.

Size of room:
10' x 10'

Pests:
None as of now, also aiming for a pest resistant strain.

Watering times and methods:
Every day in the morning and if the soil gets dry by evening, a second watering.

Notes:
I can legally grow up to 6 plants, but I have been told 10' x 10' is barely enough space for 2. Suggestions?

I grow in a GH on the coast of Maine. In the summer it is fully ventilated, so essentially "outdoor" without the drama of heavy winds and driving rain. 10x10' is plenty for six (6) plants, especially if you have not even started them. Consider adding water retention components to your soil such as perlite and/or vermiculite. You can save yourself from watering every day if the soil has the ability to retain unused moisture.

Is the 10x10 a structure or a defined space?

Anyway, you have the best lighting possible...Mother Sun!

:goodluck:

I grow in a GH on the coast of Maine. In the summer it is fully ventilated, so essentially "outdoor" without the drama of heavy winds and driving rain. 10x10' is plenty for six (6) plants, especially if you have not even started them. Consider adding water retention components to your soil such as perlite and/or vermiculite. You can save yourself from watering every day if the soil has the ability to retain unused moisture.

Is the 10x10 a structure or a defined space?

Anyway, you have the best lighting possible...Mother Sun!

:goodluck:
The 10' x 10' is a raised bed garden type setup, check the pictures. I will have to fence it off because my dogs will eat the plants if I don't. There is an example of what I mean in one of the pictures. (my vegetable garden)

The reason I was thinking 2 plants is because my friends get 8 feet tall and 5 feet wide (same location)

The 10' x 10' is a raised bed garden type setup, check the pictures. I will have to fence it off because my dogs will eat the plants if I don't. There is an example of what I mean in one of the pictures. (my vegetable garden) The reason I was thinking 2 plants is because my friends get 8 feet tall and 5 feet wide (same location)
Ok, there were no pics when I asked. Plants can get that big but if you haven't started them yet you won't have them outside for another 3-4 weeks...so they'll be big but you could also squeeze at least 4x in that space. When you fence it are you leaving an opening so you can get in there? You might want to defoliate early Aug so the sunlight gets better penetration. Otherwise....have a great summer grow!
:thumb:

Ok, there were no pics when I asked. Plants can get that big but if you haven't started them yet you won't have them outside for another 3-4 weeks...so they'll be big but you could also squeeze at least 4x in that space. When you fence it are you leaving an opening so you can get in there? You might want to defoliate early Aug so the sunlight gets better penetration. Otherwise....have a great summer grow!
:thumb:
I plan on buying teens real soon, so they will be ready to go outside as soon as I get them.

I added perlite, worm castings, and more soil.

I added more soil, and put up the fence (to stop my pesky dogs from eating my weed haha), still looking for teens. Most people in my area only have clones but its only a matter of time before I get ahold of what I need.

Journal Update:

Plant age: Day 20

FINALLY managed to find some TEENS!!!
Strain: Mendo Breath
Age: unknown, maybe just under a month old from clone is my guess so we can say 20 days.
Amount: 5 plants

I added even more perlite, I think I have enough in the garden now.

Let the fun begin :D

Journal Update:

Plant age: Day 45

It has been a constant battle trimming the trees in my backyard to make sure I get the most light as possible. As you can see, one of them is bigger than the rest (it gets more light), so today I trimmed some very large parts off my tree because I am worried about the smaller ones.

Do the smaller ones look like they want to try and flower? I kinda think so but this is my first outdoor grow so I don't really know what I am looking at.

Subbed in man I got two bag seed photos and 2 siberian haze auto outside , Your grow is looking good you have done a good job of preparing the soil , I have been feeding with miracle grow and fish emulsion but got some floranova coming and a PH tester mainly for the Autos . Mine are at 2 months now learning some training to this is new to me ! Grown outside a few times over the yrs. ((( I dont think your ready to flower but do keep a watch for males )) if you stress them out they will got to the other side from what i have seen .

Journal Update:

Plant age: Day 52

Slowly growing, but they should get big before they flower since they have a few months before the light changes.
I don't think the lack of light is enough to send them into flowering, so I should be just fine.

I decided to put 4 more plants in the ground, Strain = Gelato.

Looks good man !! i think it would be easier to cage the dog LOLOL:
3 pitbulls, biggest is 90lbs. Lean. All muscle. Not easily contained haha. Plus they need a lot of room to move around or they get depressed.

Journal Update:

Plant age: Day 52

The smaller Mendo Breath don't look to good, do they need food? is it the roots not stretching?

Mendo Breath

Gelato

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Journal Update: please move this back to active journals.

Plant age: Day 89 (possible flowering)

Sorry it has been so long since the last update, I have been caught up in work and outside endeavors. There has been a lot of fires in my area causing some of the Mendo to flower, I am unsure if they will go back into veg.

The Gelato plants are mad but they aren't flowering.

The bottom right gelato plant broke a month ago, so I propped it up and that is why its stunted.

Back
Top Bottom