Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Pro Grow Light Review

Yes, you can grow in winter and no you don't need a tent! Having said that, our winters are mild and we don't usually go below 5 C. There is of course some compromise with bud quality if one does not have a fully equipped, dialed in tent, but it is possible to produce excellent meds on a tabletop nonetheless.

The Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Pro full spectrum LEDs eased me through my paces as I coordinated light for my three-plant tabletop grow in living organic soil. It’s the first time I’ve used an adjustable dimmer switch and it makes such a difference to be able to raise or lower the output of the light according to the needs of the plant. The dial goes from 5 % to 25 % to 50 % to 75 % to 100 %. It is worth noting too, that the ratchets for raising and lowering the height of the lights are as smooth as silk.

Although the instruction book gives us the recommended PPFD map and a clear indication of settings for best practice, I started the two primary plants out on 25 % light from greater hanging distance than recommended, and went up incrementally until flower at 100 % at 11 inches or 27.9 cm. The third plant was raised on 50 % and then 100 % from veg, and apart from a couple of spots on some of the leaves, has done very well at that intensity, albeit from a slightly further distance than the two primary plants.

I had some calmag issues with the two primary plants, and caught that a bit late. I am now supplementing calmag with each watering. There are several possible causes of the deficiency, including the fact that the plants were sub-irrigated to a point and then removed and watered from the top. However, regarding the light, I was advised by a fellow grower that the power of the light demands more vigorous growth, and plants can show a need for additional calmag to accommodate the growth spurt. I grow in LOS and have supplemented with liquid calmag.

I tested the grow using two Vipar Spectra XS1500 Pro lights, each hung above the two primary plants, a light distance apart from one another. The primary plants remain in place but are rotated in place twice a day. The third plant was an unplanned addition to the grow and has been raised in the middle periphery, rotated twice a day. As soon as one of the primary plants is harvested, the accidental plant will take its place directly under one of the lights.

I am super impressed with the lights. They are powerful enough at 150 Watts each, to power the growth of the two primary plants and one accidental auto. This makes for an economical choice when watching one’s budget, from the purchase price to the electrical draw.

The build, however, is not a budget build. The lights are solid and robust with some nifty innovations. There is an option to daisy chain the lights and control them remotely. I had no need for that and opted to operated them separately.

The lights are algorithmically programmed to provide the best light spectrum for the grow from start to finish. The lens design is a great innovation as the fabulous lenses spread the PAR beautifully and evenly and will be what I can thank for my three-plant grow, I think.

I will be back to this review with some weights post-harvest, but in the meantime, if you’d like to follow the grow, you’ll find the link here:

I’d like to thank @ViparSpectra and @420 for the opportunity to document test grows with the Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Pro! I will be running another two plant tabletop grow in the spring months and for that grow I will follow the instructions in the guidebook.

If you'd like to see more of the product and make a purchase, you'll find the link here.

Let's build buds with Vipar Spectra! #AlwaysGrowing

Thanks for your support. Except to introduce our product XS1500 Pro, which also provides some nice advice and practical operations, is a very valuable experience. Thanks again.

Thanks Carmen. I looked over the details at their site, but could not find anything on weight. I may have missed it, but I couldn't find anything the second time through either. 😝
Edit: Also, @ViparSpectra , is there a discount code for 420 Magazine members? That would be great. :)
I looked on the website and in the instruction manual. I broke my scale a couple of weeks ago otherwise I could tell you easily :)

Thanks Carmen. I looked over the details at their site, but could not find anything on weight. I may have missed it, but I couldn't find anything the second time through either. 😝
Edit: Also, @ViparSpectra , is there a discount code for 420 Magazine members? That would be great. :)
Hello Dear, so sorry for my delayed reply, the weight of XS1500Pro is 2.75 Kilograms for your reference.
Code " 420MAGAZINEV" for you, it can be used on Amazon or our official website.

Hello Dear, so sorry for my delayed reply, the weight of XS1500Pro is 2.75 Kilograms for your reference.
Code " 420MAGAZINEV" for you, it can be used on Amazon or our official website.
Happy Thanksgiving Val and everyone @ViparSpectra and thank you for being a special @420 Magazine Sponsor. CL🍀. :circle-of-love: :thanks::circle-of-love::kiss:

Dear @ViparSpectra Valerie,

Happy.png

Back
Top Bottom