Thank you, Carmen.

The weather here is crisp, Midwestern autumn; leaves are down and their decay fills the air with the aroma of late-autumn lushness.

We give thanks for this day, and the many blessings we have enjoyed this year.

I count among these blessings this 420Magazine forum and all the wonderful growers I've met here. True community.

MGM
Here here, I 2nd those thoughts!❤️👊.

Here here, I 2nd those thoughts!❤️👊.
Third them here! :love: :green_heart::love:
I often find myself deep in thought about how such a big platform with such a divergent membership is so friendly and hospitable. One hears rumours about member rifts and unpleasantness on some sites, and I am so glad that isn't a feature here at 420 Mag.
A perfect ounce of purple bud. :welldone: RR1 is really fattening up!
Thanks! Now here's a thing. My kitchen scale is not correctly calibrated. Yesterday when I was weighing out raisins and sultanas for my fruit cake I discovered that a packet of 250 g only registers 189 g on my scale. This was a consistent result when I measured other ingredients. They were all wrong. The display is less than it should be. That's alright when it comes to home grow but not when it comes to cake mix.

Here's a glitter shot to start / end the day. Have a fantastic weekend.

Screenshot (845).png

Almost at the finish line.

I measured the plant from base of pot to top of canopy, and diameter at widest points. It's 3.5 feet tall and 2.75 feet across the diameter. My Blueberry auto is almost the same height and I predict it will become my biggest tabletop plant.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the banana tea seems to have had no ill effect. The leaf ailment that was burning the margins has subsided. I don't know if that is distance from calcium application, banana tea, time, luck who knows, but the point is the banana tea had no ill effect. I think it worked to stop the deficiency.

I often find myself deep in thought about how such a big platform with such a divergent membership is so friendly and hospitable. One hears rumours about member rifts and unpleasantness on some sites, and I am so glad that isn't a feature here at 420 Mag.
I wonder too. I think two things are happening. One, folks behind the scene here are keeping us sheltered from what was or may have gotten negative. And two, we as a group share the same goal and get that working together is both fun and productive. We aren't allowing negativity to get in the way of good. It's like there's an adult in the room! Keeping in mind we all have high and low times. I do. :p

Red Russian is looking great!

I wonder too. I think two things are happening.
Behaviorally I see two things happening. Those two things go beyond this important fact:
One, folks behind the scene here are keeping us sheltered from what was or may have gotten negative.
Yes, they do a great job.
And two, we as a group share the same goal and get that working together is both fun and productive.
I think that this is achieved with great behavioral architecture:

1. Nudge Theory where a small incentive can nudge a person into a better, more rewarding behavior. The trophies and trinkets awarded for MOM, PLOM, JOM are small in comparison to the large amount of professional quality advice, writing and photography available in this forum. They are nudges. And they nudge us into another behavior I see frequently on this forum.
  2. Yes, and ... is a method of creative idea building that rewards the original thinker with a "Yes," and builds on that idea with an improvement on the idea. It's promoted in high-powered ad agency creative departments and Hollywood writer rooms, and taught at every major Improv school on this continent. I was practicing it before I learned the term. So is this group. It is the natural evolution of what happens when people are nudged into positive behavior, and that positive behavior becomes rewarding itself.
This type of behavioral architecture makes moderator jobs a lot easier.
We aren't allowing negativity to get in the way of good.
Instead, the group uses positivity to create the great.

MGM

Screenshot (845).png

Almost at the finish line.

I measured the plant from base of pot to top of canopy, and diameter at widest points. It's 3.5 feet tall and 2.75 feet across the diameter. My Blueberry auto is almost the same height and I predict it will become my biggest tabletop plant.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the banana tea seems to have had no ill effect. The leaf ailment that was burning the margins has subsided. I don't know if that is distance from calcium application, banana tea, time, luck who knows, but the point is the banana tea had no ill effect. I think it worked to stop the deficiency.
Excellent! Will you continue to use it until the end?

Thanks! Now here's a thing. My kitchen scale is not correctly calibrated. Yesterday when I was weighing out raisins and sultanas for my fruit cake I discovered that a packet of 250 g only registers 189 g on my scale. This was a consistent result when I measured other ingredients. They were all wrong. The display is less than it should be. That's alright when it comes to home grow but not when it comes to cake mix.

Here's a glitter shot to start / end the day. Have a fantastic weekend.
Beauty Pic!😍

Highya Carmen,

Love the "Glitter" picture! So colorful! Some cloudy, clear, and amber trichomes. Even looks like some have reddish color too. Love to see all those different colors!

Love the discussion about good triumphing over evil here! I agree wholeheartedly to be nice to everyone and stay away from the line between good and evil!! Happy Smokin'

You are welcome, you grow some nice weed Carmen 💚💚
:green_heart:
I wonder too. I think two things are happening. One, folks behind the scene here are keeping us sheltered from what was or may have gotten negative. And two, we as a group share the same goal and get that working together is both fun and productive. We aren't allowing negativity to get in the way of good. It's like there's an adult in the room! Keeping in mind we all have high and low times. I do. :p
Oh yes.
Red Russian is looking great!
Thanks! :)
Behaviorally I see two things happening. Those two things go beyond this important fact:

Yes, they do a great job.

I think that this is achieved with great behavioral architecture:

1. Nudge Theory where a small incentive can nudge a person into a better, more rewarding behavior. The trophies and trinkets awarded for MOM, PLOM, JOM are small in comparison to the large amount of professional quality advice, writing and photography available in this forum. They are nudges. And they nudge us into another behavior I see frequently on this forum.
Interesting, and this:
" some researchers criticized the "one-nudge-for-all" approach and advocated for more studies and implementations of personalized nudging (based on individual differences), which appear to be substantially more effective, with a more robust and consistent evidence base." ~ Nudge Theory, Wiki.
This is how Cambridge Analytica et al sold us out right?
  1. Yes, and ... is a method of creative idea building that rewards the original thinker with a "Yes," and builds on that idea with an improvement on the idea. It's promoted in high-powered ad agency creative departments and Hollywood writer rooms, and taught at every major Improv school on this continent. I was practicing it before I learned the term. So is this group. It is the natural evolution of what happens when people are nudged into positive behavior, and that positive behavior becomes rewarding itself.
This type of behavioral architecture makes moderator jobs a lot easier.

Instead, the group uses positivity to create the great.

MGM
:circle-of-love:
Excellent! Will you continue to use it until the end?
I'm not sure. I am nervous. I don't want to overdo it. I think I am happy enough with the general condition in relation to timing. If it did help it was fast acting, so if I need to use it again I have it ready.
Beauty Pic!😍
Thanks! :)
Highya Carmen,

Love the "Glitter" picture! So colorful! Some cloudy, clear, and amber trichomes. Even looks like some have reddish color too. Love to see all those different colors!
Hey Bode. Trichomes are enchanting! I love it too when they get colourful like this.
Love the discussion about good triumphing over evil here! I agree wholeheartedly to be nice to everyone and stay away from the line between good and evil!! Happy Smokin'
Indeed. Happy smokin' :love:

Interesting, and this:
" some researchers criticized the "one-nudge-for-all" approach and advocated for more studies and implementations of personalized nudging (based on individual differences), which appear to be substantially more effective, with a more robust and consistent evidence base." ~ Nudge Theory, Wiki.
This is how Cambridge Analytica et al sold us out right?
Well, we sell ourselves out every time we share something on social media, or even do something as simple as slow our scrolling to take a look at something interesting.

Does Cambridge Analytica use nudges, I suspect so. But there are more behavioral tools in the basket to motivate "purchase decision," whether buying eggs, or deciding on a politician.

Here at @420 nudges are used for good instead of evil.

MGM

Back
Top Bottom