Vlad's Colombian Gold Grow - Aeroponic - LED - DIY Reloaded

Calibrated the pen and checked pH for the morning. It is now at 5.8 stable. Will check again this afternoon. I have not redone the nutrient mix, I figured why waste it. the mix will be 14 days old on next Monday and that is when I will make a new one and maybe change it every week after that? we will see.

Vlad

hows it going @vlad are you talking about the nutes in your res I have heard of some people change it every week but some don't it is up to you there is one guys on 420 that has not changed this res in 80 days !!!

Thanks db, yes that was my concern but thanks for giving me a big clue. I will look into it more before just throwing away good nutrified water down the loo.

Vlad

IMG-20150624-00678.jpg

its looking a lot better, its its not as bare as i thought it was gonna be! great job bringing that one back.

Side note, just got great news, a project of mine just cleared clinical trials, its a artificial red blood that is completely universal for any recipient and has a modified accelerated artificial white cells that increase healing, all while having the longest shelf life of 289 days per unit of blood. The artificial white cells, which are also used in creating bio engineered stem cells, should be clearing its separate trial here in the next few months. If it passes the rest of its trials with flying colors I will then be working on engineered cells for specific purposes, essentially like little nanobots. Instead of being literal robots, these are specifically engineered white cells that do a variety of functions, such as being able to target and eradicate all types of cancerous cells, or viruses, to healing wounds 85% faster. So Lets hope trials go well.

Also I just received my package that i bought from amazon that contains my light my hangers and glasses. the glasses seem fine but still looking at the light directly still hurts the eyes even with the glasses on, but its not as bad as before. I went into the tent during its dark mode with my nightvision goggles, the room i keep the tent in is completely blacked out from light, I don't turn on the light when im in the room and i keep the door shut to the room to not let light in. Im glad i kept these things from the marine corps. they come in handy. So i use those to enter the room and work in the tent during the dark period. I rearranged the current light that was in there, so that instead of hanging diagonally acroos the plants its straight across to make room for the other light. I have them staggered , one is more to the left than the other, to try and increase light footprint.

I will update with pics once it is time to turn on the light!

its looking a lot better, its its not as bare as i thought it was gonna be! great job bringing that one back.

Side note, just got great news, a project of mine just cleared clinical trials, its a artificial red blood that is completely universal for any recipient and has a modified accelerated artificial white cells that increase healing, all while having the longest shelf life of 289 days per unit of blood.
That is very interesting news!!! God knows humanity needs to spend more money on research and development like this
Im really glad to hear you didn't get hurt when the bottle blew, so that system you have works for fruity drinks does it work for lets say, making vodka?
What this fermentation process does is gives you a fermented fruity booze that you "could" put into a distillation device and take out pure vodka, but fermentation and distillation are two extremely different processes, and in many countries distillation of ethanol is illegal unfortunately. What happens during distillation is the first liquid to come out of the still is pure methanol, that crap needs to be thrown out because it is enough to blind/kill. After the methanol comes out first because of its lower boiling temperature, the ethanol or vodka is to follow.
BUTTTT!!!! the good news is once you have your fermented booze, you could skip distilling and put it in the freezer. This will cause the h20 to freeze and leave you with an inner core of concentrated alcohol! enjoy...
They look more amazing each time I look. Fantastic job Vlad.
Ty Earthwalker. I will keep giving this plant love until she can love me back at harvest time!

UPDATE!!! Sorry fellahs, yesterday I said that Thursday was the day to start the brew log. I meant Friday. I still have something brewing in the primary fermentation vessel and I will have it empty for tomorrow's new tutorial. I will be showing step by step "live" so to speak, which means that as my fresh brew of tomorrow ferments, you will have a step by step of what comes next so you too can be successful at breaking the chain of slavery to buying alcohol from the store. This brew will leave you with a product that is 10 times better than the crappiest cheap stuff that money can buy at the liquor store. Best part is no hangovers or allergic reaction to this totally organic process.

Every time I pH the marijuana well it always bounces back up to the middle 6 range after 12 hours. Oh well, that's why I will keep checking it twice a day then! It does not go back to its original 6.8 at least. Going to have to buy many bottles of pH down then... will get them today. Also, the black bucket absorbs too much light from my LED and is heating up the water!!!! I dropped ice in there this morning and I'm wondering, if I cover the top of the lid with aluminum foil would that help??
IMG-20150625-00682.jpg
IMG-20150625-00683.jpg

oh shitttt! I got too greedy and kept too many buds in storage and a light, very tiny fungus was starting to build. It was only 20 or so grams of premium bud so I just finished turning it into full melt bubble! I used my expensive $200 bubble bags, haha just kidding. I used a pantyhose stocking to filter out the trichs and it came out bomb! The filtered trich water went into the freezer, trichs settle down to bottom once a light sheet of ice forms on the top layer, then I siphoned off 95% of the water and the last bit was swirled around and poured off into a refractory dish and blown with a PC fan over night. What was left over was soft and pliable and practically no leaf matter but gooey enough to be scrapped up with a razor blade. Check it out, I think it's at least 2 grams

There will always be a debate if BHO is better than full melt bubble, but IDC. To do a good BHO you need to have a back yard and an expensive vacuum chamber to try and make sure all the crap has left the hash. I like doing it with ice water because the odor and texture are great! I like to touch my hash without it melting and sticking to me.

IMG-20150625-00687.jpg

what, homemade bubble hash?
Yes please, two servings!
reps+ my friend!

Cheers comrade, there is nothing more esoteric about marijuana culture than fine hash making! Everyone talks about Nepalese hash in the east, but no one ever mentions a word about it in South America.

I just vaped half of that semi transparent piece I was holding up to the window... wow that vapor kicks! I would normally need to vape half a joint to feel the same.

Vlad

It is arguable, many people DON'T turn their premium buds into the hash because of many factors. But the biggest factor is convenience. Putting a beautiful, well cured, heavily triched bud grown by the cannabis elite into ice water maybe considered a crime by many consumers. And I would agree, because I do believe that hash making through organic methods, like ice water or even dry screening, is not nearly as efficient, and I believe a lot of THC still gets left on the plant. HOWEVER!!! if somebody let their premium stash sit too long in less than ideal conditions and that fungus develops, well hash making is the best way to turn a frown upside down. For eliminating fungi, specifically I trust ice hash method. If you use RO water, which is basically the bottled stuff they sell to you at stores, the water will happily suck up a grand majority of dirt and fungus while the trichomes fall gently to safety at the bottom.

If I grew a 420mag plant of the month like Chronichemphog or UltraDan, I would want to just vape the flowers. I hear they go over 20% THC easily so it's very concentrated already!

Just my 2 rubles.

Vlad

I hope my time comes to make hash.
care to share your method of making hash?
I know many would like to see it, myself included!

Sure friend, I will add it to my list of "to do". Up next on the list will be tomorrow, my new journal will be the hooch making station which is on schedule. I am going to pick up a packet of Guanabana and Strawberry juice making packets. Here's the list if everyone wants to start following immediately tomorrow.
5 liter glass jar
airlock ... homemade if they don't sell them to you. it must make an airtight seal on your jar lid.
bakers yeast, dry or fresh
concentrated fruit juice packets, they require water to be added, for up to 5 liters
1 kilogram packet of sugar
aaaaand that would be the basics to follow my tutorial.

To be ready for next week secondary fermentation, you will need
another glass jar, but not necessary. You can substitute with empty 3 liter soda bottle
surgical glove, for if you are using the soda bottle
rubber band
1.5 meter hose, for siphoning
a dark place easy to clean in case you mess up and the brew explodes. i recommend a cabinet near the floor.
Your elite hooch will be ready in 8-12 days, depending on how "dry" and potent you want it. As it is let longer, the yeast continue to eat the sugars and taste improves considerably. I have bottles of my hooch aging... lol! If you make enough for your apocalypse supply, You can age them up to 6 months in the dark

Vlad

Its painful to read about extractions while Im still on my first grow. I cant justify paying premium bud prices just to make concentrates. I cannot wait to have my first harvest so I can try all these techniques.

Have you tried rosin tech? I thought it was stupid, but after purchasing a revlon hair straightener, and trying it, I'm sold. Its completely solventless and you can do it in any scale you would like.

I've even seen rosin made from bubble hash.

I think mine wont last long enough for the end of days. Not even sure if after made, they will last to the end of the week!!!
Waiting for the full tutorial!

Its painful to read about extractions while Im still on my first grow. I cant justify paying premium bud prices just to make concentrates. I cannot wait to have my first harvest so I can try all these techniques.

Have you tried rosin tech? I thought it was stupid, but after purchasing a revlon hair straightener, and trying it, I'm sold. Its completely solventless and you can do it in any scale you would like.

I've even seen rosin made from bubble hash.

Rosin Tech...

ROFL! I almost fell out of my chair laughing!!! Yea I will say it is an interesting tech. HOWEVER, the guy in the tut heated up his buds to 320 to get the hash out, which is now probably sticky icky and dark. So for long term storage of fine hashery, nay friend. Thanks for sharing it though!!! I never heard about this before today, what a phenomenon :rofl:

but seriously, don't heat your marijuana when making the hash, you will "pre activate" it and the shelf life psychoactivity will suffer

Vlad

Back
Top Bottom