VladimirPutin's - Colombian Gold - Coca Fiber - LED - 2nd Grow

Your girl is looking a little better. The purple petioles make me think she is asking for more P. I know you've cut back on your feedings, what are your current feed rates and NPK?

Thanks UltraDan. She is on a mix of 10 30 10 plus magnesium and secondary elements. I generally feed her 2 spoons of that in 2 gallons Ph @ 5.8, and yesterday I just started adding a supplement that is 4-8-4, two caps. And the reservoir is changed every 2 weeks now. This is where I wish I had an EC meter. Only 10 bucks from china but would take a month to get here.

more from the Recovery Reservoir

Okay, another day, another detail. Finally some good herb stank is back! I can't believe it! And upon closer inspection she is finally growing pistils everywhere. Ahhhh what joy. Today I just filtered the res water and washed out the container, rinsed roots, and buttoned everything back up to leave her by herself again. No more maintenance until Monday except maybe a top up or two, now that she's drinking like a thirsty beast again! I wonder if survival from death gave this plant some super chronic powers. Stay tuned
VP
IMG-20150401-00418.jpg
IMG-20150401-00417.jpg
IMG-20150401-00416.jpg
IMG-20150401-00415.jpg
IMG-20150401-00414.jpg
IMG-20150401-00413.jpg
IMG-20150401-00411.jpg
IMG-20150401-00409.jpg
IMG-20150401-00410.jpg
IMG-20150401-00408.jpg

Colombia ... this is where my hidden base is. I wouldn't dare break the law in Russian Federation for weed and bring shame to myself, so why not have a resort home in south america where it is decriminalized for personal use? Nothing morally wrong with enjoying a plant that doesn't make a user incapacitated if it's not illegal. Anyway that is how I got this strain I'm growing now. When this plant is finished, I will start another strain called Maracuya.

Colombia ... this is where my hidden base is. I wouldn't dare break the law in Russian Federation for weed and bring shame to myself, so why not have a resort home in south america where it is decriminalized for personal use? Nothing morally wrong with enjoying a plant that doesn't make a user incapacitated if it's not illegal. Anyway that is how I got this strain I'm growing now. When this plant is finished, I will start another strain called Maracuya.

Nooo sir, heavy laws restricting marijuana use in Russia... i'll definitly ask you for advices in about a year for hydro... never done it but will try for sure... I'm still a newby so lots and lots to experiment before trying hydro.

Good Day humanity,
Just got back from a 5 day trip in the remote regions of this awesome country that is Colombia, for some river rafting and spiritual peace for Holy Week, left my plant alone and here's the update photos. This is week 5 in flower
IMG-20150406-00483.jpg
IMG-20150406-00485.jpg
IMG-20150406-00490.jpg
IMG-20150407-00501.jpg

The only thing I did was clean out the DWC, made new nute solution of higher concentration, lowered the water level, it only contains 10 litres of solution now, to allow more breathing space for the precious root zone. And the rabbit. She is useful to have around for leaf disposal.

I noticed that the 9 watt submersible water pump builds up the DWC temp to around 78 F, when it is left plugged in for more than a day without interruption. That is not optimal :🤦: So I turned it off for now to let things cool, then the pump will only be turned on for 12 hours at a time when the lights are on. That should bring it back down to 70. Hmmm, I'm starting to miss having some basic additional kit like thermometer, EC meter. Oh well, marching forward! I'll get more gear for the next hydro grow of course.

She is still flowering, so no plans of aborting this journal. Just slow on updates this week. Should be something popping by the weekend. I think I finally got the nutrition recipe right, just should not have put that submersible pump in the DWC last wednesday, I did not actually remove it until yesterday :( Another strike against keeping my root zone in check. This is the 2nd strike that hurt my plant, I hope she gives me one more chance for some plump buds. The heat from the submersible pump built up during the 5 day vacation and of course it damaged some roots again. If things don't turn out well for this little fella because of the blows she already took from her brutal owner, I will swap in a clone and keep going. Thanks for your keeping an eye on my journal. I guess I made a learning by trial and error journal rather than an easy going grow show, not quite what I had in mind. Hydro can be a ferocious beast. But soil indoors doesn't feel right. Marching Forward!
VP

I did hydro in the '80's and early 90's. I recall it being nice when it worked, but things often went bad. It always takes me a cycle or two to get a new grow setup working well.

I'm now using soil in the fabric bags and it's working out well for me. I like being able to take the plants out and work on them.

Got some updates for the kind people watching my grow. I did unleash a new Colombian gold clone yesterday. She was peacefully growing in soil for almost 4 months until I grabbed her and "gently" transplanted her into a hydro grow for some 11/13 lovin, or maybe 10/14, not sure yet. Today is day 1 of flower for the new clone. I want her to finish in record time. I think this clone will make nice buds. And the mangled plant that you have been watching has lots buds, you will see them today. While I was away this past weekend on my farm, I was cutting down a tree that was partially destroyed by a lightning strike from storms when I found a nest of shiny cowbirds in it. LOL they are so cute, feeding them is a snap and their feathers were just starting to come in, just a little naked though. I retrieved 3 from the fallen nest Friday afternoon, they have been under a heat lamp since then. They are thriving from wet cat food and I may plan to "release" them after a month when they are old enough to fly. If they want to live on my farm though, that's fine too. No absurd laws governing non-protected birds so that's a plus one for me, plus I have an aviary so they can fly and have plenty of food but be protected from the hawks. I will be uploading some photos. Stay tuned, my journal will be alive again this week!
VP

Budding without any fan leaves :🤦: Not ideal, but buds a'hoy anyway. This will be my last DWC. Next month I am building an aeroponic chamber for even more madness! At any rate, at least noobs are learning what not to do next time. Oh and that clone I mentioned, it will be posted soon...LOL!

VP

Greetings and Salutations herb comrades. It's nice to be back online again. A lot has happened these past few weeks of my disappearance. So my grow operation went Chernobyl and it was necessary to scrap everything and start over. The clones are gone, dispatched by my renegade rabbit who was paid by the anti-marijuana establishment to halt my progress. You can only bet that I ate that rabbit. I skinned him, cleaned out his guts and popped into the pressure cooker. Mmmm Mmm! Anyway, here's the new grow starting from seeds from epic Colombian land races, Sativas. I began germinating 5 days ago and here's the result.
DAY 3 Germination
IMG-20150504-00535.jpg

DAY 4 Germination
IMG-20150505-00536.jpg

DAY 5 germination, time to plant it
IMG-20150506-00538.jpg

And Day 5 again, today, finally planted. So gentle!
PLANT 1
IMG-20150506-00540.jpg

PLANT 2
IMG-20150506-00539.jpg

And that's where we are so far. 2 baby plants. The other beans had not opened yet, they have been in storage for 2 years so it was a surprise that 2 opened up right away. Those little black specks around the paper towel are actually mint seeds. I hope to grow some delicious mint next to the ganja. This time no DWC. What a nightmare that system was. I will still be sticking to buckets, but with Aeroponic technique this time. No more roots in the water. Do you want to see my bird(s)? They already eat by themselves and sing. 2 girls and a boy.

Now I am planning for the new lights. Obviously no high power stuff is needed to grow some seedlings, so I will have to fabricate a new layout. I have lots of CREE chips of different sizes, 5w, 10w, and MTG 24w and some 3050 100w cobs. Also I have new bad ass 44cm colimators (glass lenses) to get an intense spotlight with minimal efficiency loss with the cobs. If the last time was fun, this time is going to be a blast!

Question, when should I start bombarding the little sprouts with artificial light? Should I wait 5 more days or what do you pros say?

Thanks Comrade
Question, when should I start bombarding the little sprouts with artificial light? Should I wait 5 more days or what do you pros say?
Well without any green, photosynthesis should not happen right? The little stem and pre-leaves are starting to turn green, and right now they are in a warm spot with humidity dome behind the refrigerator. I will turn on the lights tomorrow!!! 15 Watt Led lamp with 10 degree spot collimators at 90% efficiency. They are 3 CREE XP-Gs 5000k. starting out on low intensity for the first week then will upgrade to the XMLs and finally to the big 3050 cobs for late veg to flower time..

Back
Top Bottom