VladimirPutin's - Colombian Gold - Coca Fiber - LED - 2nd Grow

These birds were found blind, I cut down their tree and saved them and they grew up in a human environment. They stick to each other like the 3 penguins in madagascar cartoon. They already feed themselves and bathe themselves, what a riot, they deserve to be on youtube. They get to fly every day and poke around on my desk for a little while. They like their cage house too.

Officially this new grow is starting since post #37. I didn't think it would be in good taste to close this journal with such fail that had happened a while ago. The buds that I got were fine, for a garden gnome 5 centimeters tall, but for me it was a disgrace. So here we go with the 2 beans that sprouted. If Obama can win a Nobel Peace prize, my new plant may be the next plant of the month on 420, LOL :rofl:Will update tomorrow. Peace out comrades..

So here's day 6 since seed initiation. BTW, these two plants are Acapulco Gold and Colombian Gold, however I have not labeled them so it's just plant 1 and plant 2 for now. I'm not sure who is who anymore. In addition, the mint seeds are finally popping, will get a shot of that tomorrow. So far these two seedlings are still covered by a humidity dome and sitting behind the toasty radiator of a refrigerator. The substrate is still ground coca fibers. Getting the Aero tank ready for moving them into by the weekend. The Aeroponic setup is not too much different from the DWC, however of course the water level is lower so that the roots are never actually swimming, and there is lots of agitation to atomize the water and feed mix which bring humidity in the reservoir up to 100%. The roots stay misted with tiny droplets, and they are happy and I am happy! Cheers comrades.
Will start artificial light bombardment perhaps tomorrow.
IMG-20150507-00549.jpg
IMG-20150507-00548.jpg

So they are now in their little 20 litre aeroponic tank, with 3.5 litres of PH'd liquid @ 6.1, Nutes 1/4 strength. The root of plant 1 has already dropped through the holes of her growing cup. Light is on 24 hours for now. The lamp features one cree LED XPG on each plant with collimator for higher intensity, 3.3 volts @ 1.5 Amps. Pump is running on a timer, 30 minutes on 30 minutes off. Day 7
Plant1
IMG-20150508-00556.jpg

Plant2
IMG-20150508-00555.jpg

hi comrades, day 10 from dry seed. I have an anomaly happening with plant #2. It has no true leaf, yet it´s roots are already poking out the bottom of my aeroponic cups. Any ideas?
plant #1 appears fine
IMG-20150511-00571.jpg

why wouldn´t this plant have a growing tip like any other normal cannabis seedling?????
IMG-20150511-00570.jpg

I was googling about this. Someone said he gave his time and then the plant turned into a beast that outgrew his closet. I have a feeling the problem will clear up. The theory is that the plant is putting down roots and when she´s ready, the true leaves must follow. At any rate, these seeds were almost 3 years old. I just got some freshy seeds in case something happens.

Was doing a little house cleaning in my grow area and made some improvements to some details that needed checking. Dumped the reservoir liquid and checked its Ph, too high.
#1 No need to add Ph down like I was doing, I discovered today that the nutritive mix I´ve been feeding lowers the Ph enough that I was making the water too acidic by adding the PH Down.
#2 This 20 liter bucket´s lid was not snapped down to close it well. I was being lazy and letting an electric cable of the pump hang over the rim, this was causing too much air to get into my system and posed a threat to dry out the exposed roots too fast. So I used a soldering iron to melt a nice channel for the cable and now the bucket is sealed like aeroponics chamber should be.

Well that´s it. They should be fine now. Going to change the reservoir once a week to avoid any issues like bad bacteria overwhelming the nutrient pool. Oh yea, i forgot one thing, maybe I should save a small cup of the old water and reintroduce it into the new one during change time.

Day 12
IMG-20150513-00589.jpg
IMG-20150513-00590.jpg

roots are pearly white and multiplying. Last night I put the lamp too close, maybe 3 cm away because I wanted to see how much I could get away with. They didn´t burn but I did raise the light back to 10 cm for safety.
VP

LOL! I felt so retarded when I realized that I forgot to install the airstone into my aeroponic tank:oops: What an embarrassment if they would have gotten sick and died! I mentioned earlier that a submersible pump is in on a timer, it provides the agitation for wetting the roots. HOWEVER, there is no fresh oxygen entering. You see, if no air is entering the enclosed canister which is my tank, wouldn´t the roots have problems? Yes. So now I have all bases covered and it´s full steam from here on out! :phew:

VP

OH SHITTTTT!!!!

So I decided to go big and made a special order online after all. I just received in the mail today my 3 PART HYDROPONIC NUTRIENTS!!! A B and C. I am waiting for one more package to arrive, the PH pen. This is going to be great, going for plant of the month, comrades. Will upload the pics tomorrow when the pen is here.

Cheers from VP

P.S. I wasn't around for a while because the crappy mutant plant never sprouted true leaves and so I shelved the project while waiting to get some real tools for the grow. I just planted some new beans in my hydro sprouter and will be expecting to work with 4 plants of Acapulco Gold and again the Colombian gold.

Okay just another update before I have time to post pics. The plant frrom reboot 2 is thriving in the nnew 3 ppart hyydro nnutrition. her roots are robust and white, leaves show no deficiency. Also I have a new black painted reservoir 20 ltrss with loww ppressure pump. i am waiting 3 days for the paint to reach full hardness. Inn case you cann not tell, I needd a new keyboardd lol. we will be journalingg aggainnn vvery sosooon comrades!

Hey how the grow going? you can click on the link to my new journal below with my signature, i believe its the top link, right now I am day 1 into using my new grow setup and so far im liking it a lot. i have a 4ft x 4ft x 6.5ft grow tent, 1 Apollo 300 watt led light and 1 mars hydro 180 watt ufo led light, 4in fan with carbon filter to vent the room and cler the smell, 4 individual bubble buckets with Air Introduction Technology creating massive amounts of more bubbles than an airstone. each bucket is 3.5 gallons filled with 2.5 gallons of water. hooked up to a 4 outlet airpump with 4 air hoses one going to each bucket. I just transplanted a white widow yesterday into the new system and started 2 more white widows in it as well as a feminized big bang from greenhouse seeds.

heres pics of the system and of my little baby plant.

20150610_231418.jpg

20150610_231426.jpg

20150610_164043.jpg

20150610_164115.jpg

also is a pic of the tent and cloner that im going to use for a perpetual grow once i get everything dialed in

Back
Top Bottom