Vlad's Colombian Gold Grow - Aeroponic - LED - DIY Reloaded

woulda been better to stick the cut in a dark cup that doesn't let light in easily
roots don't like light
just a suggestion for the next time

Thank you for your comment FE :thumb:

Had to up the calcium magnesium today. This cannabis pheno is very cal hungry. I also upped the manganese just in case. Mang is a minor nutrient anyway, 30 ppm..

I am glad the clone is surviving. I want to have a 2nd round with this awesome plant and a perfect nutrient schedule

Since Vlad is into extreme growing, a quart of some delicious phosphoric acid was picked up at the lab store today. Mmmmm... corrosive. It's pH down for Flower... I dilute it 1/2 strength with tap water in a new container. It got warm to the touch after mixing. Reactive! I decided to shelf my normal pH down for the veg phase of next grow ;)

Until tomorrow comrades

Vlad
Funny I'm talking Lucas and stable and your talking phosphoric acid! Keep up the good work..:yikes:

DAY 35

IMG-20150813-01099.jpg
IMG-20150813-01101.jpg
IMG-20150813-01100.jpg
IMG-20150813-01107.jpg
IMG-20150813-01106.jpg
IMG-20150813-01108.jpg

Vlad

I want to try to make sure the plant will survive the next 5 weeks or so...

what is the recommended pH for this phase in the grow? Had some deficiencies but not sure if they are eliminated or not.

burning stopped... upped the manganese and calcium magnesium too

Some have said that pH at 6.0 is too high and allows for lots of absorption of N

Some said good things about 5.5 ... I am at 5.9. the phosphoric acid is a hoot for dropping the pH with just a few drops.

She continues to show signs of willingness to continue on in Vlad's treacherous DWC waters of uncertainty.

Only time will tell

Vlad

I always used 5,8 when doing hydro. 5,9 should be fine!

I've been feeding 500 mg of silicate to my plant reservoir than adding 8 drops of "pH down" to keep it around 5.8-5.9

I feed her silicate often, to try to help with the damaged I've already done before. The key is to deliver small doses, as the plant cannot assimilate Si rapidly.

So far the roots have been holding up and the shedding of roots has almost completely stopped. I skim out of the bucket less than a gram of root per day now. I think I will keep it at 5.9 then.

Fragrance is becoming apparent when entering the room

Let's see if any other hydro warriors have something to say :matticuss:

Vlad

I want to try to make sure the plant will survive the next 5 weeks or so...

what is the recommended pH for this phase in the grow? Had some deficiencies but not sure if they are eliminated or not.

burning stopped... upped the manganese and calcium magnesium too

Some have said that pH at 6.0 is too high and allows for lots of absorption of N

Some said good things about 5.5 ... I am at 5.9. the phosphoric acid is a hoot for dropping the pH with just a few drops.

She continues to show signs of willingness to continue on in Vlad's treacherous DWC waters of uncertainty.

Only time will tell

Vlad

I have very limited experience in this but I heard yah 5.7-5.9 is ideal. And max PPM if you are still on lucas would be 1600 or so (Max) Get a gauge soon comrade ;)

Vlad , I'm with The Roach and OG on this one, although I start at 5.5 and let it drift up to around 6.2 then adjust down.
I'm assuming you're changing your res weekly ? I believe, after reading back through my own diary that my problems with regards to my yield is , or can be attributed to the fact that my reservoir was not changed every week ? When I grew in single buckets i changed them out weekly and never had any problems, topping them off with fresh water only between changes.

I veg around 6.0-6.2
bloom fluctuates as I use organic nutes so as I add water daily
I check and adjust ph and usually I gotta go up but not always
so I have a cup with water mixed with up
it can be anywhere from 5.5-6.0
sometimes lower before I adjust
and if it drops a lot ill adjust to 6.0 by the following day its usually back down
depending on how big the plant is tho
once its starts getting big the ph is usually up after I refill water
but not high enough that ill adjust it cause I know as it drink itll drop

Wow comrades, great feed back!

Here's some answers to some of your questions :

I change the Res every 7 days
I do not feed Lucas @ full strength (0-8-16), I do it with 2x treated tap water volume so theoretically my PPM should be no higher than 900-1000 until I get a meter.
Defoliation: The shock lasted two days and immediately new growth resumed. I try to leave her alone a little bit as the deficiencies and burning have dropped off so I can let her leaf out again.

Vlad

LOL that is fabulous news OG :laughtwo:}

Welcome to the world of brewing. Good luck on your new hobby and make sure to google and learn more about how to expand and improve your tech.

In other news,
Stress of Defol continued...
I also noticed that the water consumption of the plant reduced a few days immediately after plucking %50 of her leaves. I think it was quite aggressive, but as a reminder the root ball suffered from the nutrient imbalance a while back and although it grew a little bit, it did not get as big as I expected as a result.

So in the next grow, I will not employ such an aggressive defoliation.

There is a science to it : Don´t pick fans from a budding site that doesn't have its set of leaves grown in yet.

Vlad

you pull too many leaves all the plant is gonna want to do is make more
photosynthesis is not done through flowers its done through leaves
take too much and the plant cant support itself so it will make more
I hope that make sense

Day 36

Health check. I was observing the lower nodes where new pistils are coming out. They are all white. That is a good sign.

IMG-20150814-01117.jpg
IMG-20150814-01114.jpg
IMG-20150814-01115.jpg

Vlad

Thank you for all the scrogging advice I didn't mean to hijack or nothing. Vlad that thing looks amazing (based on what it did and your "aggressive" tactics). I am excited to see results and I am just behind you in a similar but milder grow as you know. I see from you what I hope to see next week ;)

Great Job and wish I could help you more but I am a mere rookie in this league!

Be safe Comrade!

Thanks FE

Well I have already been planning in advance for the next grow. My digital PPM meter should be arriving next week, it's been 6 weeks since I ordered one from hong kong, the world's favorite supplier of all our disposable goods.

I might use only RO water in the next grow... looking for resources. It would be cheaper to buy it then to get a filter. $0.38 per 6 liters

Tap water blows... I know it is holding me back in hydro

I am going to finish my slice of humble pie and finish this grow no matter what.

I stopped plucking damaged leaves and just let her go. I don't know what the necrotic spots that are showing up mean. They are not cal or mag related.

Tomorrow is flush day and time for a new nutrient mix for the reservoir.

She has been growing new roots.

Growth up top continues

Vlad

EDIT

Just saw a system near me called Blue Tide RO for $600

Yup... I might just buy the water for the next grow considering I would only be spending %5 the investment cost of a nice RO unit

That's bullshit because on Amazon they sell them for $200 :thedoubletake:
I might look at ordering one from china then.

Back
Top Bottom